We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Steve Beam Impact! vs Multiple Impact (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ipe
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of ipe
Hi all,
could you please explain the difference between "Impact!" and "Multiple Impact"? What are the advantages of MI that I! doesn't have?

Thank you
What would a real mindreader do?
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3998 Posts

Profile of JanForster
"Impact!" was published by Steve in 1985 (issue # 7 of his "Trapdoor"), "Multiple Impact" as a marketed effect in 1993. They are basically the same effect and method, apart that Steve added in the later version a blank card which adds (?) something to its presentation. In any case, the construction is fabulous and it is a very strong effect. You might want to look up also Steve's "Multiplocation" in his "Semi-Automatic Card Tricks" Vol. 2 (1995). It is a version which allows you to perform a very similar effect using a borrowed and truly shuffled deck, probably a bit less strong than the original version. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
3998 Posts

Profile of JanForster
BTW, I tried once to adopt the system to a memorized deck... it is possible, but not easy (to perform). At least, the deck looks random and shuffled when you start. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
ipe
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of ipe
Hi Jan, thank you for the precious informations. Smile

I only know I!. I created a new effect (more "mentalistic" and less magical) inspired by this one and I wanted to know whether MI has some differences from M! in term of methods. So, your reply is all I needed.

Regarding the mem-deck version, I must confess I'm not interested at all. With a good shuffle (and the right attitude) at the beginning, I'm more than happy, since I can finish totally clean.

I didn't know about "Multiplocation". I see if I can get my hands on "Semi-Automatic Card Tricks" Vol.2 to check this impromptu version.
What would a real mindreader do?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Steve Beam Impact! vs Multiple Impact (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL