We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magic Of Rob Lake - Full Youtube Special May First (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1358 Posts

Profile of reedrc
All new special premiering a few new illusions here May 1 2021. Figured
you guys might like to check it out. Please support the project and share
with your friends and family thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1gkIhGefAA
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
MagicalDragons
View Profile
New user
MO
55 Posts

Profile of MagicalDragons
So cool. I'll watch this with the kids over the weekend. Thanks for sharing.
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Good find Reed. Were you part of this?
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1358 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Yes.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
User101
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of User101
Nice show particularly liked the artists studio section. The girl from a painting was something I'd not seen before
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Loyal user
Randolph NJ
257 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
I was not very familiar with Rob Lake so I didn't know what to expect with this, but I took a chance and watched it. I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was! One segment I did wonder about was the Backstage/Cane Cabinet routine. This is the exact routine Lance Burton did on TV and in his live show, the same prop, music, patter, even the pizza ordering/newspaper bit. I assume Rob must have bought the rights to it from Lance? Which also made me wonder, of the many magicians Rob thanks in the credits, why Lance is not one of them considering he's doing his routine word for word and move for move.
MagicalDragons
View Profile
New user
MO
55 Posts

Profile of MagicalDragons
This was so good! Thanks for sharing. All magicians should watch it. I haven't seen anything this caliber in decades on TV. kudos to your ReedRc and the entire team behind it.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On May 5, 2021, GlennLawrence wrote:
I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was! One segment I did wonder about was the Backstage/Cane Cabinet routine. This is the exact routine Lance Burton did on TV and in his live show, the same prop, music, patter, even the pizza ordering/newspaper bit. I assume Rob must have bought the rights to it from Lance? Which also made me wonder, of the many magicians Rob thanks in the credits, why Lance is not one of them considering he's doing his routine word for word and move for move.

I believe the backstage cane cabinet is a steinmeyer routine.
GlennLawrence
View Profile
Loyal user
Randolph NJ
257 Posts

Profile of GlennLawrence
Steinmeyer may have built the prop, but the routine as performed is straight out of Lance Burton's show. I don't remember which of Burton's TV specials, but it's on one of them.
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On May 6, 2021, GlennLawrence wrote:
Steinmeyer may have built the prop, but the routine as performed is straight out of Lance Burton's show. I don't remember which of Burton's TV specials, but it's on one of them.

Jim Steinmeyer is not a builder of props. He is a designer of magic and illusions and also a writer of routines. I believe the design and the routine is Jim Steinmeyers.
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1358 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Sorry for the delay in response been a crazy week catching up.

Rob received the Cane Cabinet illusion, licensing and backdrop from his mentor Kirby VanBurch, who passed it on to Rob many years ago. Lance shared the backdrop design with Kirby, and Kirby had arrangements from Steinmeyer for this. Rob had to come up with a new method since he tours with the illusion. Rob is a fan of Lance, but he’s only met a few times growing as a kid in the autograph line. As for the credits no disrespect was intended to Lance. Rob just never crossed paths with Lance. Lance had no direct involvement to working on the special or it’s illusions.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed

Instagram
Facebook
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On May 6, 2021, reedrc wrote:
Sorry for the delay in response been a crazy week catching up. To ThomasR :

Rob received the Cane Cabinet illusion, licensing and backdrop from his mentor Kirby VanBurch, who passed it on to Rob many years ago. Lance shared the backdrop design with Kirby, and Kirby had arrangements from Steinmeyer for this. Rob had to come up with a new method since he tours with the illusion. Rob is a fan of Lance, but he’s only met a few times growing as a kid in the autograph line. As for the credits no disrespect was intended to Lance. Rob just never crossed paths with Lance. Lance had no direct involvement to working on the special or it’s illusions.

Thanks!
So was I correct that the routine is Steinmeyers? I remember seeing Kirby perform it back in the day in Branson - that’s cool that it’s the same prop.

The prop isn’t exclusive to Lance / Kirby is it?
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1358 Posts

Profile of reedrc
It is indeed a Steinmeyer piece. It is the same prop Kirby used in his show which is very cool. Audiences seem to love the routine.
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed

Instagram
Facebook
FrankFindley
View Profile
Special user
593 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
This was terrific! Enjoyed every minute of it. You had me at the 'no camera trickery' style setup at start.

Best wishes for a quick return to full live audiences.
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2544 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
No camera tricks? I guess definitions are getting a little looser now.
Ray Pierce
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3526 Posts

Profile of Julie
WONDERFUL MAGIC

Thank-you for sharing!!!

Julie
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1638 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Hilarious. It was like a greatest hits from all the prime time magic specials from the 1990s. I fast forwarded through it laughing my head off. That guy is to magic what a covers band is to music.
top_illusionist
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of top_illusionist
Futureal, I sense jealousy on your post. At least he's out there performing.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6992 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I sure am JEALOUS! LOL! I would LOVE to have performed that well! Who builds Steinmeyer stuff...Gaughan?

Doug
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1185 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Quote:
On Jun 6, 2021, Dougini wrote:
I sure am JEALOUS! LOL! I would LOVE to have performed that well! Who builds Steinmeyer stuff...Gaughan?

Doug

Also EDF, Tim Clothier, Bill Smith, Craig Dickens, Willie Kennedy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Magic Of Rob Lake - Full Youtube Special May First (11 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL