The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Where's Cag? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
But then again, Mr. Yerike is Facebook friends with the likes of Sal Piacente, Jovica Blanusa, and Mickey Silver.

We might have a mystery.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1976 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I thought his identity was revealed here a looong time ago?? didn't he write a book??
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
Bush also had a habit of naming things Deborah after his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCBEjfDkLXg
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1708 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2021, iamslow wrote:
I thought his identity was revealed here a looong time ago?? didn't he write a book??

He wrote a book called Blackjack Your Way to Riches and published it under the pseudonym Richard Canfield.

But Canfield isn't his real name and it was understood to be a pseudonym basically at the time it was published.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1976 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2021, JasonEngland wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2021, iamslow wrote:

He wrote a book called Blackjack Your Way to Riches and published it under the pseudonym Richard Canfield.

But Canfield isn't his real name and it was understood to be a pseudonym basically at the time it was published.

Jason

I remember that part, but I could swear I read it here where his real name was mentioned?? first name starts with J?
Smile
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1976 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2021, tommy wrote:
Bush also had a habit of naming things Deborah after his wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCBEjfDkLXg

His wifes name isn't deborah though Smile Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Pretty sure Mr. Yerike's wife's name is Deborah.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2021, iamslow wrote:
I remember that part, but I could swear I read it here where his real name was mentioned?? first name starts with J?

Here in the Gambling Spot, over a decade ago, there was a poster who referenced Cag directly as "John" (implying that he knew him previously).
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
Or middle name. Nudge, nudge. Smile

Do you remember the very perceptive Yellow Kid?

Tommy
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1708 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Ken Yerike is not Cag, but Cag's real name actually is Kenneth. That's merely a coincidence - I have no idea why Tommy thinks Yerike is Cag. The real Cag is a decade older than Yerike. His picture appeared in the Griffin books, which I have access to. I showed the picture to the only person I know that's met him in person recently (within the past decade) and he said (I'm paraphrasing), "Yes, that looks like him."

Keep in mind, that person was CONFIRMING what I already knew via other means.

Tommy, give it up. It ain't Yerike.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1708 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2021, Mr. Bones wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2021, iamslow wrote:

Here in the Gambling Spot, over a decade ago, there was a poster who referenced Cag directly as "John" (implying that he knew him previously).

Was that the guy that had supposedly bought something from Cag and wasn't happy with the purchase? If that's the case, then that guy is the reason I know Cag's real name. I cross-referenced that name with a guy that had ordered the Steve Forte GPS series. The address came back to a guy who's in the Griffin books, was the right age, and worked as a craps floorman back in the 1970s (all things Cag has claimed).

I started thinking, this might be the guy...

When I showed his picture to the guy that's met him, he said (I'm paraphrasing) "Yes, that's him."

Jason

PS: Basically I think Cag used a friend/relative to buy the GPS series so that he wouldn't have to give me his real name/address. I never would've put it together unless that other Café poster hadn't had a problem with Cag and mentioned the name he was dealing with him under.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2012, yellowkid wrote:
Lol, your wasting your time talking to goofballs tommy
Caglistro has NEVER hustled in his life, all his posts give him away as a complete fake
in fact he prolly spent most of his life putting hustlrs in the bin
he got the lames in thi s forum hooked pretty fast though, lol!

Did you know that Ken Yerike was a gaming investigator for the Griffin detective agency?

Tommy
Min Frank
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Min Frank
And who is Cag..? I read posts on here and I saw his name a lot but still don't get who he is lol.... is he a one of the true masters that I've never heard?
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1262 Posts

Profile of splice
I mean, you've got his name on this board, you can read all the things he posted here, what are you asking us to do for you exactly? For all your interest I'd hope you can actually work up the motivation to just go through his posting history and read what he wrote.
Min Frank
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Min Frank
I did and just not sure he is a magician or just enthusiast or etc. Just one thing I know is he is probably not a professional card chaet
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16311 Posts

Profile of tommy
"When I was a very young man (in the early 60s)" -Cag

"I probably should not tip this but I used the pad roll very profitably as a youngster in the very late 60s when I was in the Marine Corps." -Cag

"I went into the Marine Corps shortly thereafter so as not to be drafted in the Army, and while stationed at the Marine Corps Air Station, El Toro at Santa Ana, CA, I used to travel to Gardena and sneak into the card rooms there (I was not 21 yet)." -Cag

"After being discharged from the Marine Corps at 21 years of age, I moved to Las Vegas and got involved with gambling." -Cag

Etcetera

For the hard of thinking, Cag was born circa 1947.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX41eJgH1cI&t=104s

Tommy
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1708 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
I just confirmed by calling the phone number associated with the name for Cag that I had. The lady that answered the phone confirmed that he passed away about 5 months ago. She wouldn't tell me anything about him other than "He knew a lot about gambling and magic."

RIP "Cagliostro."

Jason
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3116 Posts

Profile of AMcD
We surely had big fights together but we respected each other and this place would never have been the way it was without him.

It was a lot of fun anyway.

RIP old man.

AMcD
Mr. Bones
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bones
Thanks for letting us know Jason.
Like Arnold, I had more than a few confrontational back and forths with Cag, but they were always informative, and I always appreciated the fact that Cag really did know of what he spoke.
He had a unique style to be sure, but deep down, the fact that he never left the Café, and always returned to this particular forum speaks volumes as to just how much he enjoyed his exchanges with folks here.

Tony45, Doc Jon, Cagliostro ... RIP old friends.
Mr. Bones
"Hey Rube"!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Where's Cag? (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL