The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favorite Jazzing Resources (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1068 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
For those who are really learned with the stack of their choice, what is your favorite resource for how to locate the named card, and what to do with it from there? The classic means of proceeding from there would be to obtain a break through estimation, secretly bring it to the top or bottom of the deck with a slight of some kind - such as a pass, cull, DPS, even a quick shuffle. Then go into an effect.

I find some positions in the deck like cards 43-51 to be troublesome. I don't want to do a shuffle after a card is named. I am more inclined to do a spread pass or cull the card. But I am curious if there are some resources out there that go into how to proceed depending on where the cards position lies in the deck. If its near the top a cull works wonderfully. If its near the center I virtually always go into Mnemonicosis. But I want to broaden my vistas in this arena.

As mentioned I am curious also what some of your favorite effects are once you have located and positioned the card to your liking.

Thanks for those who traverse this incredible avenue of magic. It is one of my most favored tools.
chappy
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Profile of chappy
Hi DJ

I'm not sure if an online article is what you had in mind when you asked for a resource suggestions but it does talk about those things above and you might find it interesting:

https://moveunderfire.wixsite.com/aboutc......st/_jazz
FARO FUNDAMENTALS, DETAILS OF DECEPTION and THE DEVIL'S STAIRCASE at www.thedevilsstaircase.com
JBSmith1978
View Profile
Veteran user
NY
353 Posts

Profile of JBSmith1978
Easiest thing for 45-51 is turn the deck over and do a color change from a pinky count, alternatively half pass under the top card and color change to have the selected card appear on top.

Another option is the card through table.
Another fun research thingy is to find effects that require positioning of a selected card to a specific location. If you find a few to your liking and a card is named at the required spot, just launch into that trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Favorite Jazzing Resources (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL