The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Best I Ca(a)n by Joel Harbers (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Timmer
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
51 Posts

Profile of Ron Timmer
Hi Friends,
I would really love to put this great routine to your attention:
The best I Ca(an) by Joel Harbers.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/15488

Joël showed me this routine in my Magic shop. After he was done, other people came in and he showed it again. And again... And again... And NOBODY had a clue how he did this and everybody was fooled!

I have seen a lot of routines but I believe this is one of the best CAAN's I have seen.
This Card At Any number routine can be done with a borrowed, shuffled, unmarked, ungimmicked deck of cards and yet it is extremely powerful.

I highly recommend you check it out and watch the uncut performance!

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/15488
Ron - MagicfromHolland.com
Visit our HUGE offline shop in the Netherlands or check www.magicshop.nl or visit www.MagicfromHolland.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Nice effect Ron.

Have to admit though that what really impressed me the most was your shop. Looked very classy and well-stocked. Shame you don’t see many B&M shops anymore. The ones I’ve visited the most years ago were generally small and cluttered and full of second hand glass cases that didn’t match, with the building itself housed in some ugly strip mall. Granted, there is a certain charm to that but it’s nice to see one looking more elegant and elevating the art out of dusty basements.
no2ss
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1027 Posts

Profile of no2ss
It does look like a nice effect... and, per videoman, that shop always does look amazing. I am reminded of this video tour that makes it look even better:

Ron Timmer
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
51 Posts

Profile of Ron Timmer
Thanks!
I am indeed pretty proud of the shop!!
Ron - MagicfromHolland.com
Visit our HUGE offline shop in the Netherlands or check www.magicshop.nl or visit www.MagicfromHolland.com
SleightlySpooky
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of SleightlySpooky
This may very well replace applesauce for me
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2563 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
This is great.

Very easy to do and fooling.

Something you would find in one of those steve beam semi-automatic books

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Great effect! This is an entertaining baffler. There is no way for a spectator to backtrack this. This can be FASDIU, or a borrowed shuffled deck, or how about a deck missing cards, it does NOT matter. Download runs just over 16 minutes and covers the method. No math, no stress. A nice simple effect that is “almost” done entirely In the 2 spectators hands. Recommended.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s good but not 15 Bucks good.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
That does indeed look good. I've spent more on crap packet tricks that I'll never perform, so I'm tempted....
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 10, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
That does indeed look good. I've spent more on crap packet tricks that I'll never perform, so I'm tempted....

At least you get a physical product.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
I'd be happier with a download I would perform than a phsical product I wouldn't... got enough of those already.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 13, 2021, danHumphrey wrote:
I'd be happier with a download I would perform than a phsical product I wouldn't... got enough of those already.

Yes but you can get a refund. That’s what I meant. Every download is a gamble. Expensive gamble in most instances.
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
984 Posts

Profile of jbadman
Looks great to me. I don't see this as a gamble at all - an uncut performance shows clearly exactly what to expect. Don't see where anyone is taking a chance after that degree of transparency.
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On May 13, 2021, jbadman wrote:
Looks great to me. I don't see this as a gamble at all - an uncut performance shows clearly exactly what to expect. Don't see where anyone is taking a chance after that degree of transparency.

No. I’m talking in general. I’ve already stated that it’s good but not 15 bucks good. That’s all. Thanks.
magicthree
View Profile
Special user
620 Posts

Profile of magicthree
I really like this. An excellent impromptu effect.
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Quote:
On May 6, 2021, no2ss wrote:
It does look like a nice effect... and, per videoman, that shop always does look amazing. I am reminded of this video tour that makes it look even better:

Wow! Congratulations on an absolutely gorgeous shop! If I lived in Europe, this would scream out ‘road trip’!!
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Quote:
On May 9, 2021, pegasus wrote:
It’s good but not 15 Bucks good.

If this is ‘good’....then it must be worth at least $15 - especially if you’re going to perform this. If you use this in a paid show, then it’s worth more!!
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1479 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I loved the way the door opened to your shop - very nice looking shop.

The effect looks great - I can easily see this as a winner - since it happens in the spectators hands almost the whole time the “dirty work” will be forgotten and fly by. If you happen to like spectator involvement and dealing processes at this length during an effect - then this is as good as it gets.

Great thinking Joel - good luck with it.

Jan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Best I Ca(a)n by Joel Harbers (9 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL