The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Harry Kellar Tie Behind (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
The back is this possible. Supposedly Harry Blackstone Jr. did this. Anyone know where I can obtain the information?

From
Don
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The Kellar/Blackstone Rope Tie I believe is still available from Abbott's.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I first saw Harry Blackstone (Sr.) do this and it was a fabulous routine. It is in print in many books. I think Burling Hulls book on Rope Ties and Chain Releases has it, and as mentioned the effect was available from Abbott's.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
It's in Tarbell Volume 6.
BathTub
View Profile
New user
Wellington, NZ
69 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Daryl's Expert Rope DVD Vol. 2. I believe this the the same as what you are refering to. Hands tied with the help of an assitant and you get a hand out and in again at will (behind your back)?
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
Harper
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Harper
I saw the Kellar rope tie explained in Genii magazine during the last year.

Photos show an older Kellar wowing Houdini.
mdspark
View Profile
Special user
783 Posts

Profile of mdspark
This was one of the first tricks I learn in the early 70's from a Bill Severn book, I believe...
Dario
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Dario
"33 rope Ties and Chains Releases", from Burling Hull. I bought it from Magic Inc.

Darío
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I was lucky enough to had recorded Harry Blackstone Jr doing this efect on a talk show years ago! It went over really well.

Ray
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Harry Jr., as did his father, featured this for many years.

I was fortunate (though I didn't think so at the time) to have been part of the committee on stage with Jr. several times. Usually, he made me the hard of hearing guy or the little fuzz at the end of the rope.

In his hands, it was a masterpiece.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
RonCalhoun
View Profile
Special user
Independence, KY USA
596 Posts

Profile of RonCalhoun
May I ask a question?

I learned the Kellar Rope Tie many many years ago and at that time really didn’t have the experience to put together a solid routine with bits of business.

All I did was bring up the spec have them tie me up, do a little comedy, actually very little comedy, and it was over.

Here is my question:

Does anyone have any thoughts about the routine? For example, The logical behind the why would I be doing this? How about a challenge of some kind or maybe adding some type of danger to the routine. A few bit's of business and a bam ending, not just, well it's done?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Harry Kellar Tie Behind (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL