The Magic Cafť
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Magical Accessories Ľ Ľ NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) Ľ Ľ TOPIC IS LOCKED (215 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..15~16~17 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5802 Posts

Profile of videoman
First of all, Iím not trying to sell anyone on the Alias wallet, but itís still my favorite peek wallet. Not very impressed with the peek on the Nexus. Some have said itís very similar to the Alias wallet peek, or itís the reverse of Alias. But itís seems pretty obvious exactly when the peek is happening with Nexus and itís much harder to see the moment with Alias.

Plus, I always prefer not to even have to look at the side of the wallet that their writing is facing and not a lot of wallets allow for that. The spectator can often still see their card down inside the pocket and itís still face down, and itís immediately placed between their hands and never touched or seen again. It seems impossible that a peek could have occurred.
Of course, as already mentioned, there are compromises that come with that.

Anyway, unless we find out some of the other features of the Nexus are phenomenal then itís out of contention for me.

Iím also surprised that Craig didnít address the non-leather/quality issue and give an opinion on it. He mentioned the Magic Cafť a couple times and 80% of the Nexus posts here have been in regards to the material and durability. So that seemed like a cop out to me. It felt like he didnít want to say honestly that the quality may be questionable so he just avoided mentioning it at all.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1767 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey. If I had something negative to say I would say it. I have called Murphys out in the past and I would have no problem doing so again. I really donít care.

The review is positive because I love the wallet. Thatís just my honest opinion. If you donít like it thatís cool but I love it and have been working it in since recording this interview in a couple of gigs. I donít mention the quality of the wallet because for me there was no issue with quality. Itís very well-made and would look like itís going to last a long time.

Regarding the material it is made out of. Again that something I donít think of. When I got a shadow wallet I didnít care what wallet I got, this sort of thing is not important to me. Obviously no one can tell what the long-term issues are going to be In terms of quality. However as far as I can see the quality is absolutely fine. As I said Iíve been using it for a few weeks now and itís taken a hammering and seems as good as new

Hope that helps
[url=http://www.youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualMagic TV YouTube Channel by Craig Petty[/url]
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2026 Posts

Profile of David Numen
OK reviews done and from the comments here I am surprised - some people put a great deal of store in what Craig was going to say (even though it was obvious he must like it) and you're not impressed but he gave it 120%. He's also addressed the material here.

I think the peek is excellent but I have to say Craig's handling WAS awful. I don't like peeking when it goes into the hand as with the Alias Wallet - it's too brief a moment for me. I'd prefer to peek as you take out another card to write on as Craig did but I am sure it doesn't have to be as clumsy. Is he always as nervous in these reviews? I suffer badly from nerves so I do sympathise but the peek especially should have had a reshoot.

I liked a couple of the ideas Craig demonstrated that aren't in the instruction video and whilst I wouldn't use them the way he did I can think of exactly how I would use them to enhance a routine I already use.

So with that all said, I'm in.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3526 Posts

Profile of warren
I'm still on the fence about this one........does anyone know if there are any plans to produce a leather one at some point in the future ?
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2026 Posts

Profile of David Numen
I'm sure they wouldn't tell us if there was...

I have to say I've had three wallets from a highly respected maker of wallets in the states. I've used all of them as every day carries and not a single one of them was up to the job. The dye on the leather faded or the lining started to split from the leather. Whilst I have kept a replacement for one of the wallets in pristine condition I have sold the others on to people who just wanted to research wallets. So being leather isn't always a guarantee of quality and this is from a guy who everyone generally raves about.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1767 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Sorry to everyone that thinks the handling of the peek was poor. The donít think the camera angle was great for this particular handling. Something I should have noticed in the editing but I didnít.

However in Ďthe real worldí nobody will notice the peek. Remember you are watching a routine expecting a peek. In the real world with misdirection etc it would not be detected at all. Plus Javier goes through a peek where it happens as the wallet is put away which is completely angle proof.

You are correct Iím a magician and not a mind reader. I donít use peeks too much although when I do Iíve never had a problem with anyone noticing. Probably because of misdirection etc.

In future perhaps Iíll just do a straight up review and not bother performing anything. Probably be easier and Iíll not annoy people with poor performances.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualMagic TV YouTube Channel by Craig Petty[/url]
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
872 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Javier said on the second page that there were no plans for a leather version, but "anything is possible".

Then later:
"At this point there is zero intention of releasing a genuine leather version"
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2026 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Don't take too much umbrage on the criticism Craig - part and parcel of being brave enough to put yourself out there. Whilst I thought you handled the peek badly it DID give me an idea on how I would use such a routine and your second routine used a feature that I will use albeit differently. End result is that you helped sell the wallet to me, regardless.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1767 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Don't take too much umbrage on the criticism Craig - part and parcel of being brave enough to put yourself out there. Whilst I thought you handled the peek badly it DID give me an idea on how I would use such a routine and your second routine used a feature that I will use albeit differently. End result is that you helped sell the wallet to me, regardless.


Iím not trying to disagree. The peek could have been handled better.

Iím serious though. I spend hours learning tricks because I think performing a routine is a better way to show a product in a review than just talking about it. But itís not worth it to be honest. I understand why no other reviewers perform the routines they review. It takes a lot of time. If you nail the performance itís expected but if itís anything less than perfect itís criticised. And rightfully so in this case. I just think it would make my life easier if I donít bother.

Guess I have a lot to think about.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualMagic TV YouTube Channel by Craig Petty[/url]
magicant
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester UK
116 Posts

Profile of magicant
Hi guys... I've put my review online at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUBN2p76t9Q . It's 100% honest from my opinion and not biased on previous reviews or hype.

Please do sub and like the channel to help keep it going... oh and share Smile.
==============================

Producers of COVERT ADAPTIONS - INFAMOUS - DEADLY MARKED DECK - GUARANTEED JACKPOT - THE EXPERIMENT - CERBERUS WALLET - AND MANY MORE!

www.magicworld.co.uk (UK)
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Don't take too much umbrage on the criticism Craig - part and parcel of being brave enough to put yourself out there. Whilst I thought you handled the peek badly it DID give me an idea on how I would use such a routine and your second routine used a feature that I will use albeit differently. End result is that you helped sell the wallet to me, regardless.


Iím not trying to disagree. The peek could have been handled better.

Iím serious though. I spend hours learning tricks because I think performing a routine is a better way to show a product in a review than just talking about it. But itís not worth it to be honest. I understand why no other reviewers perform the routines they review. It takes a lot of time. If you nail the performance itís expected but if itís anything less than perfect itís criticised. And rightfully so in this case. I just think it would make my life easier if I donít bother.

Guess I have a lot to think about.


Actually Craig I actually appreciate that you do perform the effects

In fact even though I might not agree with everything you say for reviewing your channel is my first choice

Some of the other review shows are getting more and more pointless with endless talk and cutaways to the trailers ( which people can watch anytime )

So please don't give up giving performance on your review show that is what sets your channel ahead of the others
edwardowen93
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of edwardowen93
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Don't take too much umbrage on the criticism Craig - part and parcel of being brave enough to put yourself out there. Whilst I thought you handled the peek badly it DID give me an idea on how I would use such a routine and your second routine used a feature that I will use albeit differently. End result is that you helped sell the wallet to me, regardless.


Iím not trying to disagree. The peek could have been handled better.

Iím serious though. I spend hours learning tricks because I think performing a routine is a better way to show a product in a review than just talking about it. But itís not worth it to be honest. I understand why no other reviewers perform the routines they review. It takes a lot of time. If you nail the performance itís expected but if itís anything less than perfect itís criticised. And rightfully so in this case. I just think it would make my life easier if I donít bother.

Guess I have a lot to think about.


I think you do have a lot to think about. Peeks with wallets are not about misdirection and if that is how you have used them in the past, like in this video and the shadow wallet video performance where your brain appears to break? then trust us all, real people do notice this. In the Nexus review you can literally see it open and the camera is dead on, that's how bad your performance was of it.

You loaded the card slick as hell with it on the table, bravo. So maybe stick to what you know and not expose peeks on your channel or in real life is you're going to do them like that.

Credit to you though for your channel. Just please stop performing peeks so badly.

I like the look of the Nexus, Javier has made a good thing.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
In future perhaps Iíll just do a straight up review and not bother performing anything.


I like your "real" performances better than the typical studio edit when a trick is released - please carry on!
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1767 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, edwardowen93 wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Don't take too much umbrage on the criticism Craig - part and parcel of being brave enough to put yourself out there. Whilst I thought you handled the peek badly it DID give me an idea on how I would use such a routine and your second routine used a feature that I will use albeit differently. End result is that you helped sell the wallet to me, regardless.


Iím not trying to disagree. The peek could have been handled better.

Iím serious though. I spend hours learning tricks because I think performing a routine is a better way to show a product in a review than just talking about it. But itís not worth it to be honest. I understand why no other reviewers perform the routines they review. It takes a lot of time. If you nail the performance itís expected but if itís anything less than perfect itís criticised. And rightfully so in this case. I just think it would make my life easier if I donít bother.

Guess I have a lot to think about.


I think you do have a lot to think about. Peeks with wallets are not about misdirection and if that is how you have used them in the past, like in this video and the shadow wallet video performance where your brain appears to break? then trust us all, real people do notice this. In the Nexus review you can literally see it open and the camera is dead on, that's how bad your performance was of it.

You loaded the card slick as hell with it on the table, bravo. So maybe stick to what you know and not expose peeks on your channel or in real life is you're going to do them like that.

Credit to you though for your channel. Just please stop performing peeks so badly.

I like the look of the Nexus, Javier has made a good thing.


Iím sorry. Iím not going to accept that. My brain appeared to break???. You canít even see my face on the video. Itís on my hands. Yes I flashed for half a second but now you are just going too far. Iíve been performing at a very high level for 25 years and peeking some info will not make my Ďbrain break!í Iíll hold my hands up and say I flashed but thatís uncalled for.

Tell you what Iíll post a video of me performing a peek to real people in a real world setting. You do the same. Then the Cafť can decide who does it better.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualMagic TV YouTube Channel by Craig Petty[/url]
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2026 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Craig,to be fair you do a massive tell when you peek - there's a sort of pause in your speech and a long "ummm". It's not unusual in magic or mentalism and more do it than care to admit, including a very highly regarded mentalist with several videos to his name.
edwardowen93
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of edwardowen93
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, edwardowen93 wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Don't take too much umbrage on the criticism Craig - part and parcel of being brave enough to put yourself out there. Whilst I thought you handled the peek badly it DID give me an idea on how I would use such a routine and your second routine used a feature that I will use albeit differently. End result is that you helped sell the wallet to me, regardless.


Iím not trying to disagree. The peek could have been handled better.

Iím serious though. I spend hours learning tricks because I think performing a routine is a better way to show a product in a review than just talking about it. But itís not worth it to be honest. I understand why no other reviewers perform the routines they review. It takes a lot of time. If you nail the performance itís expected but if itís anything less than perfect itís criticised. And rightfully so in this case. I just think it would make my life easier if I donít bother.

Guess I have a lot to think about.


I think you do have a lot to think about. Peeks with wallets are not about misdirection and if that is how you have used them in the past, like in this video and the shadow wallet video performance where your brain appears to break? then trust us all, real people do notice this. In the Nexus review you can literally see it open and the camera is dead on, that's how bad your performance was of it.

You loaded the card slick as hell with it on the table, bravo. So maybe stick to what you know and not expose peeks on your channel or in real life is you're going to do them like that.

Credit to you though for your channel. Just please stop performing peeks so badly.

I like the look of the Nexus, Javier has made a good thing.


Iím sorry. Iím not going to accept that. My brain appeared to break???. You canít even see my face on the video. Itís on my hands. Yes I flashed for half a second but now you are just going too far. Iíve been performing at a very high level for 25 years and peeking some info will not make my Ďbrain break!í Iíll hold my hands up and say I flashed but thatís uncalled for.

Tell you what Iíll post a video of me performing a peek to real people in a real world setting. You do the same. Then the Cafť can decide who does it better.


Craig, your brain seems to stop working for a second here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbFmDgPgC-4 at 53:10

I'm not saying this to be mean, or criticise for no reason. It is just very clear that you are not good at talking, reading and making it look normal.

But like I said, I like your reviews and you loaded that card with the wallet on the table well. Good job.
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
115 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On May 23, 2021, videoman wrote:
First of all, Iím not trying to sell anyone on the Alias wallet, but itís still my favorite peek wallet. Not very impressed with the peek on the Nexus. Some have said itís very similar to the Alias wallet peek, or itís the reverse of Alias. But itís seems pretty obvious exactly when the peek is happening with Nexus and itís much harder to see the moment with Alias.

Plus, I always prefer not to even have to look at the side of the wallet that their writing is facing and not a lot of wallets allow for that. The spectator can often still see their card down inside the pocket and itís still face down, and itís immediately placed between their hands and never touched or seen again. It seems impossible that a peek could have occurred.
Of course, as already mentioned, there are compromises that come with that.

Anyway, unless we find out some of the other features of the Nexus are phenomenal then itís out of contention for me.

Iím also surprised that Craig didnít address the non-leather/quality issue and give an opinion on it. He mentioned the Magic Cafť a couple times and 80% of the Nexus posts here have been in regards to the material and durability. So that seemed like a cop out to me. It felt like he didnít want to say honestly that the quality may be questionable so he just avoided mentioning it at all.


Hey. If I had something negative to say I would say it. I have called Murphys out in the past and I would have no problem doing so again. I really donít care.

The review is positive because I love the wallet. Thatís just my honest opinion. If you donít like it thatís cool but I love it and have been working it in since recording this interview in a couple of gigs. I donít mention the quality of the wallet because for me there was no issue with quality. Itís very well-made and would look like itís going to last a long time.

Regarding the material it is made out of. Again that something I donít think of. When I got a shadow wallet I didnít care what wallet I got, this sort of thing is not important to me. Obviously no one can tell what the long-term issues are going to be In terms of quality. However as far as I can see the quality is absolutely fine. As I said Iíve been using it for a few weeks now and itís taken a hammering and seems as good as new

Hope that helps


Hi Craig any wallet that is only a few weeks or months or 1 year should have no problems but the true test is in 12 months 2 years will this hold up my guess is no, especially the money clip rubbing on the cheap quilty material, the truth is and fact that this was made in none leather to make much more profit the majority of people who by normal wallets or magic wallets by leather for 1 reason only quilty and yes Creig you love it that's great but your review had no negatives that in the real world is not an upfront review that's keeping the maker happy like you I speak very very straight and I'm saying even if I loved this wallet I would have given the truth about the negatives in this review just like magic world
s did nothing personal Craig you're a great guy but where I come from in London I always say it like it is and with clean respectful chat this product is overpriced the material is not the best the peek is good but not outstanding the card to wallet is not one of the best there the real facts agree or disagree there the facts
Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
115 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
As for your own opinion Craig your right but if 100 magicians were asked if there were no negatives to Nexus regarding quality card to wallet zip and a few other things like the price you would be wrong as you say as far as you are concerned everything is 100% that's just not true this wallet is not 100% only in your opinion and in the real world the majority nearly always get it right now that's a fact Magic orthodoxy always gives a negative 99% of the time and so too he would with this Nexus just like the magic world did
and others will too. Craig so when you look at all the reviews and opinions are you right, no your not, yes you think it Amazing that's great. but that's different from reality. Sorry for my poor grammar but that's not my strong point and at least I speak up where others let many speak for them Smile
Like I said nothing personal what you do is great Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2026 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Yeah, it looks good to me and I'll be more than happy to report on my findings when I receive it.

The positives from Craig's review and performances are that it gave me new ideas on how I'd use the wallet and I already had a fair few ideas.
blitzavi
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of blitzavi
MagicOrthodoxy put up a review too for this:

https://youtu.be/wLmeFhjgjBo

I am excited for nexus to arrive and I really loved Craig's review.

Craig, your reviews are helping the magic community and the newer magicians. Thanks for all the hard work! Smile

-Magic Avi
-blitzavi
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Magical Accessories Ľ Ľ NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) Ľ Ľ TOPIC IS LOCKED (215 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL