The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (215 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..15~16~17 [Next]
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
839 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, blitzavi wrote:
MagicOrthodoxy put up a review too for this:

https://youtu.be/wLmeFhjgjBo


-Magic Avi


Oh boy - look at that. Murphy's/Javier even filmed a special intro for the review show.....I bet something like that wont influence reviewers at all...nah
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2030 Posts

Profile of David Numen
IF you look at the trailer you will see how slim the wallet can look. I agree that Craig's looked ridiculously fatted up but then that's a good sign if it withstood that amount of stuff in it.

Surely the fact that there's a tightness in removing the card from the zippered compartment adds to the impossibility of it being there?

Here's a link to a similar-ish wallet showing that the type of wallet DOES exist in the real world.

https://www.newegg.com/p/02N-013S-00SV8
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
115 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I love Craig’s reviews and performances, his ability as a magician would put 95% of other magicians to shame imho.
I wanted it to confirm how I felt the peek worked and not everyone has to be on performing mode when they are just being helpful sat at a table.
The thing I don’t like about this wallet is what is it made of and the zipper which I believe will snag up at some point and be even worse pulling on this type of material.
I would say that when a quote has already been used by the creator saying “this is the best wallet I have ever seen” it’s a slippery slope to be at all negative.
I got that from Craig’s review on how that quote came about and I felt personally he knew it would never be the easiest product to review based on that quote the creators used.
It’s like Simon Cowell on BGT saying “it amazes me” and a magician then using that forever, when in fact what Simon really said was “it amazes me that you have the front to come on here and actually believe you have talent”.
Of course it’s clear Craig loves it, has his quote been used slightly in an over the top manner by Murphy's?
My personal opinion is yes it has Gaz 😊



It was quite clear from your posts and N8's post prior to the review being released that you expected Craig to be negative on the wallet and it now seems your disappointed that he wasn't. So basically you're saying you don't believe him and that he lied in the review but you're qualifying that by saying he had to stick to his original comment. No, he didn't. He could have said he didn't know what material it would be, how it would function in his hands etc...he could easily have backtracked. But he didn't, he was, I believe, genuinely enthusiastic about it because HE ACTUALLY LIKES IT. You just can't accept that...quite bizarre.


The exact opposite David I thought the review was less positive than I was hoping it was going to be.
I wanted it to dispel my concerns on the material etc so I actually felt (because I can dot the i’s and cross the T’s) underwhelmed by it.
I actually said that it my first post after watching it?
It could well be fantastic and I’m certain it will be for many, I would need to actually see one in person and have a play around with it to really know

It’s also great David if you have already thought outside the box and have other ideas for it.
That would make a big difference to anyone’s decision on buying something, after all it’s you who will be using it Gaz 😊


Nexus has had bad reviews too don't that's a fact, if anyone is going to buy it, of course, there going to have more positive things to say and it is overpriced zips go wrong quilty is not better than the leather card to wallet is not smooth card out of wallet is tight many on here are also saying the same thing they cant all be wrong ??
Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
115 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Back to the Nexus 1 overpriced 2, it's not as good as real leather 3 it has been definitely overrated 120% 4 Craigs review its impossible if saying the truth that the nexus has no negatives because the truth is it does I have not bought any other peak since thought transmitter pro and that too is poor quilty wallet but great device so I'm not against the nexus or any other wallet I just talk it strait very strait, unfortunately, others on here like David and others don't like that so they choose to stick the boot in fact not fiction that's the word and to make it very clear I'm not saying nexus is poor I'm saying it's over rated Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
I was hoping to get some blank cards for the out to lunch strap. Is there any indication what size cards I would need to buy to fit? Thanks very much.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
455 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
I have ordered the Nexus wallet, because in my over 50 years in the magic business, both as a professinal peformer, writer and dealer, I found a peak that was to my liking.

About the "leather" quality: I do not think many of you hobbyist magicians (NOT meant in a negatve way!!!) will have any problems with the wearing out matter. Personally, I do not either, because I am retired and have not that many gigs as I used to have in earlier years.
Yes, I am that old, and by the way, if someone doubt it, I speak, read and write in 6 languages, and my army period was in the early sixties!

And by the way, again, we are only in the entertainment business, guys! Smile Well, some of us... Smile
scathmadre
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of scathmadre
Craig's review was particularly good. Shame on the detractors. It is a review not a performance, and it sold me. It was designed to ‘help us decide’.

I always appreciate a good utility and recognize it for what it is. The bottom line is, I'm the performer. It’s up to me to make the magic real.

I tend not to listen to the nose pickers.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
455 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, scathmadre wrote:
Craig's review was particularly good. Shame on the detractors. It is a review not a performance, and it sold me. It was designed to ‘help us decide’.

I always appreciate a good utility and recognize it for what it is. The bottom line is, I'm the performer. It’s up to me to make the magic real.

I tend not to listen to the nose pickers.

Hear, hear!
You nailed it, scathmadre!
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2030 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Which detractors do you mean though? I only mentioned his peek being bad - but I LOVED his review. In fact both his performance and his review tipped me over the edge of deciding to buy the wallet. So please just because I was honest about Craig - as Craig himself likes to be about products so surely it's fair play? - don't label me a detractor. His review was incredibly useful.

What I don't get is people making out it wasn't a positive review..THOSE are the detractors and it's THOSE people who continually steer this thread off course.

I hope I shall have the wallet by the end of the week, if not sooner, so will be happy to report. I might even keep a daily diary!
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
455 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
I have ordered this wallet, and I have a question about the envelopes used in some of the routines.
(Yes, I know, all of this will be obvious when I receive it, but I am a little impatient... Smile )
I have a lot of similar envelopes, from Propdog, Dave Bonsall's "Bonsalopes".
Have anybody tried these with Nexus?
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2504 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Great that vegan wallets are on the rise imo! Since I already have a Rebel wallet and a Shadow Wallet, ill pass on this one, but come on guys, having options are always good, there is a "wallet" for everyone Smile
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
2030 Posts

Profile of David Numen
First thing I'm doing with mine is seeing what size steak I can fit inside it.
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2504 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, David Numen wrote:
First thing I'm doing with mine is seeing what size steak I can fit inside it.



You are hardcore bro Smile
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Thomas Walter wrote:
I have ordered this wallet, and I have a question about the envelopes used in some of the routines.
(Yes, I know, all of this will be obvious when I receive it, but I am a little impatient... Smile )
I have a lot of similar envelopes, from Propdog, Dave Bonsall's "Bonsalopes".
Have anybody tried these with Nexus?


Hello Thomas - Medium envelopes are too big for the wallet. Javier teaches a folded card to envelope. Unfolded card to envelope is not taught in the instructions, because the envelope style supplied is not conducive to that. Thank you!
Bambu
View Profile
Elite user
California
489 Posts

Profile of Bambu
Quote:
On May 23, 2021, videoman wrote:
First of all, I’m not trying to sell anyone on the Alias wallet, but it’s still my favorite peek wallet. Not very impressed with the peek on the Nexus. Some have said it’s very similar to the Alias wallet peek, or it’s the reverse of Alias. But it’s seems pretty obvious exactly when the peek is happening with Nexus and it’s much harder to see the moment with Alias.

I agreed about the Alias, for me also it is still my favorite peek wallet. Having said that and after just seen the video peek instructions for the Nexus I can say that you can also do a similar peek with the Nexus while you put the wallet at the spectator hand, plus be able to see straight at the whole card.

In fact Javier teaches several great peeks with the wallet. The only cons in my opinion is that with the Nexus the secret part it doesn't lock like with the Alias.
The Peek Project:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2l6j4htrovd3sgd/Peek%20Project%20Promo%20.pdf?dl=0$22.50

Orders: $22.50 PayPal: mindreadernow@outlook.com

Remember to ad your email address when ordering
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
I bought this wallet only for the peek. I have Blink 1, Alias and many more. I have to say this is the best peek option I have come across and I`m very happy with the wallet. Nexus and The Peek Note wallet is now my number one choice when it comes down to the peek function.

I do however agree that the quality should be better for such an expensive wallet.
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3399 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
On Craig's review the peek seemed very obvious indeed and happened at the exact moment when most heat was on the wallet -hopefully young viewers interested in Mentalism won't copy that. It also looked as if it was very tricky to remove the card from the zippered compartment. If someone with Craig's experience in handling wallets was unable to make it smooth it doesn't bode well. I also think charging premium leather prices for a plastic wallet should be unacceptable.

All in all, judging from that review I can't see this replacing any of the established stand-alone leather wallets that have stood the test of time.
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2958 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Martin.Lester wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Craig Petty wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, David Numen wrote:
Don't take too much umbrage on the criticism Craig - part and parcel of being brave enough to put yourself out there. Whilst I thought you handled the peek badly it DID give me an idea on how I would use such a routine and your second routine used a feature that I will use albeit differently. End result is that you helped sell the wallet to me, regardless.


I’m not trying to disagree. The peek could have been handled better.

I’m serious though. I spend hours learning tricks because I think performing a routine is a better way to show a product in a review than just talking about it. But it’s not worth it to be honest. I understand why no other reviewers perform the routines they review. It takes a lot of time. If you nail the performance it’s expected but if it’s anything less than perfect it’s criticised. And rightfully so in this case. I just think it would make my life easier if I don’t bother.

Guess I have a lot to think about.


Actually Craig I actually appreciate that you do perform the effects

In fact even though I might not agree with everything you say for reviewing your channel is my first choice

Some of the other review shows are getting more and more pointless with endless talk and cutaways to the trailers ( which people can watch anytime )

So please don't give up giving performance on your review show that is what sets your channel ahead of the others


Agreed
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
115 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Adam Meier wrote:
I bought this wallet only for the peek. I have Blink 1, Alias and many more. I have to say this is the best peek option I have come across and I`m very happy with the wallet. Nexus and The Peek Note wallet is now my number one choice when it comes down to the peek function.

I do however agree that the quality should be better for such an expensive wallet.


So can you please tell me in your opinion if this peek is better than the shadow for the peek only and would be nice if others will give their thoughts for peeking only nothing else what you would choose, now most of us know the method? I think personly this could well be the best peek out there for a number of reasons
Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
455 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Luke Master wrote:
Quote:
On May 24, 2021, Thomas Walter wrote:
I have ordered this wallet, and I have a question about the envelopes used in some of the routines.
(Yes, I know, all of this will be obvious when I receive it, but I am a little impatient... Smile )
I have a lot of similar envelopes, from Propdog, Dave Bonsall's "Bonsalopes".
Have anybody tried these with Nexus?


Hello Thomas - Medium envelopes are too big for the wallet. Javier teaches a folded card to envelope. Unfolded card to envelope is not taught in the instructions, because the envelope style supplied is not conducive to that. Thank you!

Hi Luke,
Yes, I found out that too. I have not yet received the wallet, but I had a chance to view the instruction video.
The "Extra Small Bonsalopes" from Propdog seems to fit. The are only 50 mm square and is actually made for a ring in Nick Einhorn's Nest of Wallet. And they are red, a nice feature.
I'll think I'll try these.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (215 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL