The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (217 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..15~16~17 [Next]
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
124 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Propdog are very helpful you could call them as they did do a review on the Nexus and I'm sure he would tell you if these envelopes fit hope this helps Best regards Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
M Pitcher
View Profile
Elite user
Around the block
432 Posts

Profile of M Pitcher
I received my nexus wallet and I really like it. The quality is amazing and now I’m convinced that whoever had any issues with the quality doesn’t own this wallet.
I’ll report back again when I finish watching the tutorial. I had the time to watch the basics and so far I’m very impressed.

Best regards,
MP
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, LondonN8 wrote:
Propdog are very helpful you could call them as they did do a review on the Nexus and I'm sure he would tell you if these envelopes fit hope this helps Best regards Smile

Yes, I know. David, Mila and Alex are very nice and handles everything very friendly and professionally. Propdog is the only UK magic dealer I use since Brexit!
But I am sure the small red Bonsalopes will work!
Adam Meier
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Adam Meier
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, LondonN8 wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Adam Meier wrote:
I bought this wallet only for the peek. I have Blink 1, Alias and many more. I have to say this is the best peek option I have come across and I`m very happy with the wallet. Nexus and The Peek Note wallet is now my number one choice when it comes down to the peek function.

I do however agree that the quality should be better for such an expensive wallet.

So can you please tell me in your opinion if this peek is better than the shadow for the peek only and would be nice if others will give their thoughts for peeking only nothing else what you would choose, now most of us know the method? I think personly this could well be the best peek out there for a number of reasons
Smile

For me this is a better option and the best peek wallet I have ever had (and I have had way to many). There is so many ways to cover the peek and show both sides of the wallet before and after. I also like the "illusion" of placing the written card on top of your driver license or credit card as it is another layer of impossibility to peek the information. You can also place the wallet in the spectators hands without any worries.

I have not even looked at the other functions because I will never use them. For me it is worth getting even with the "bad" quality issue because the wallet functionality top the quality IMHO. And in all fairness I guess it will take some time to wear out the wallet and I have probably got another peek wallet by then lol Smile
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
124 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Yes Adam I got to agree with you, but for me, the price for a none leather wallet should be around $65 or around £60. The Shadow wallet leather is a little less in price than $65 but if only used for a great peek then maybe this is the trade-off, pay much more than one really should and get a great peek Smile
Ex-Army Very proud - Professional Award-Winning Magician Performing Magic & Mentalism Over 45 years, Tv Appearances & Cruise Ships (Magic Is a Wonderful Word)
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Thomas Walter wrote:
Hi Luke,
Yes, I found out that too....I'll think I'll try these.

Hey sir! Yeah I was going to say small envelopes could work. Javier teaches (as I'm sure you saw) a folded card paperclipped to the back of a business card, in an envelope, so you would have to alter that if using a small envelope, as a business card would not fit. But I'm sure with some minor adjustments small envelopes could work. It will be interesting to see what route you take. Thank you!
scathmadre
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of scathmadre
Best $110 I've spent in years.
Worth every penny.
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
124 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, scathmadre wrote:
Best $110 I've spent in years.
Worth every penny.

That’s great is it the best peek wallet you have ever had and is this better than the Shadow for the peek only in your opinion Smile :
scathmadre
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of scathmadre
Had to come back and state...
The price is not for the wallet alone. It's also for the video. Think you've been there done it all seen it all just right out of the box and go...you're going to miss half the fun.
Brilliant stuff here.
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, LondonN8 wrote: That’s great is it the best peek wallet you have ever had and is this better than the Shadow for the peek only in your opinion Smile :

Hey London, I have both wallets, and have owned a large amount of others as well (except for Blink 2). It is hard to say whether the Shadow is "better" or not, as the Shadow, if you do a bold p**k, you do not have to return to it, while if you do a safe p**k, you do in a way return to it as you grab something from it to get the p**k. Nexus you do not have to "return" to it because you can get the p**k in a variety of ways; it shares similarities with Vi$#r and S*W if that helps at all. I agree with a couple of others in that the almost 4 hours on instructions give some neat ideas to use with it. I also agree with James over at MagicWorld that, where the money clip goes in, if that happened to get snagged on your pants or something similar and pulled at the point where the clip goes into the wallet, the material there is thin and has the potential to rip. Those are some initial thoughts. Thank you!
LondonN8
View Profile
Regular user
North London
124 Posts

Profile of LondonN8
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Luke Master wrote:
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, LondonN8 wrote: That’s great is it the best peek wallet you have ever had and is this better than the Shadow for the peek only in your opinion Smile :

Hey London, I have both wallets, and have owned a large amount of others as well (except for Blink 2). It is hard to say whether the Shadow is "better" or not, as the Shadow, if you do a bold p**k, you do not have to return to it, while if you do a safe p**k, you do in a way return to it as you grab something from it to get the p**k. Nexus you do not have to "return" to it because you can get the p**k in a variety of ways; it shares similarities with Vi$#r and S*W if that helps at all. I agree with a couple of others in that the almost 4 hours on instructions give some neat ideas to use with it. I also agree with James over at MagicWorld that, where the money clip goes in, if that happened to get snagged on your pants or something similar and pulled at the point where the clip goes into the wallet, the material there is thin and has the potential to rip. Those are some initial thoughts. Thank you!

Very kind Luke for the information and help, for me, its always been overpriced but after seeing Craig's review and how it works, I must say I do think it's a great peek, and on this occasion, I might just pay, for me a got it down to the shadow as I like the 12 outs or this Nexus where I believe the peek is if not the best out there, one of the tops ones. As for the money clip, I know someone who works leather and I could get them to reinforce that side for me if I buy this but It's nice you paid your money and are very happy that's the most important thing Luke Best regards
Smile
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Luke Master wrote:
Quote:
Hi Luke,
Yes, I found out that too....I'll think I'll try these.

Hey sir! Yeah I was going to say small envelopes could work. Javier teaches (as I'm sure you saw) a folded card paperclipped to the back of a business card, in an envelope, so you would have to alter that if using a small envelope, as a business card would not fit. But I'm sure with some minor adjustments small envelopes could work. It will be interesting to see what route you take. Thank you!

Hi Luke. I have used ring in envelope in wallet with Dave Bonsall's envelopes in a Propdogs JOL Wallet during the years, and it worked well. But even the small JOL wallets are quite big and best suited used with a jacket. I thought that using this compact Nexus in this routine would be a nice and handy option. But there must be some thinking and maybe some modifikations to get a smoothe load into the envelopes. Better put on the thinking cap...

Well, actually, it is not that important, like many others, it seems, I too bought Nexus primarily for the peek.
MindReadingGeek
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MindReadingGeek
This is a fantastic product. The best ‘reviews’ are from those who actually own it and use it rather than relying on those that are surmising.I’ll sum up my thoughts;

Negatives?
It’s not leather - and there may be longevity issues
Pricey - at $110, it’s an investment

Positives?
An absolutely fabulous p*** - perhaps the best on the market.
Slimline with loads of pocket space for other packet tricks.
Super ‘inbuilt’ OTT feature
Lovely ‘card to wallet’ that works just as good as my other wallets with a s***e
Magical inbuilt transformation/ appearance
Load of other options such as an index / impossible load/ disappearance routines.

If you’ve got the cash and want to invest - buy it!
Regards

Mind Reading Geek
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
Hi Luke. I have used ring in envelope in wallet with Dave Bonsall's envelopes in a Propdogs JOL Wallet during the years, and it worked well. But even the small JOL wallets are quite big and best suited used with a jacket. I thought that using this compact Nexus in this routine would be a nice and handy option. But there must be some thinking and maybe some modifikations to get a smoothe load into the envelopes. Better put on the thinking cap...
Well, actually, it is not that important, like many others, it seems, I too bought Nexus primarily for the peek.

Hello sir, I have used both a small and large JOL and gosh were those good; still have a love for them today, although I do not use them currently. I think you are totally correct in that if you try and use a small bon****pe with the Nexus, it would be an interesting set up to keep it at the top of the wallet so it does not fall down into it, but I'm sure you will figure something out that makes it work well; maybe the marker technique that Javier uses would help keep a small envelope in place. And I agree, the p**k is solid and a nice feature of it. I am not a worrier, but I do hope that both pieces of plastic used in that area do not scratch up too much too quickly and hold together well with the stitching on the perimeter of them. Thank you sir!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, M Pitcher wrote:
I received my nexus wallet and I really like it. The quality is amazing and now I’m convinced that whoever had any issues with the quality doesn’t own this wallet.
I’ll report back again when I finish watching the tutorial. I had the time to watch the basics and so far I’m very impressed.

Best regards,
MP

Anthony at magic worlds was ripped on arrival from the money clip? Regards Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Also although I haven’t got it I am sure the peek is the same method as the Viper? Regards Gaz 😊
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Anthony at magic worlds was ripped on arrival from the money clip? Regards Gaz 😊

Yes sir, he said it came out of the package like that. Thank you!
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Quote:
On May 26, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Also although I haven’t got it I am sure the peek is the same method as the Viper? Regards Gaz 😊

PM'd you sir.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
The thing is with the Viper wallet it can do what this can do and what the alias wallet can do combined peek wise.
The Viper also has the advantage of a SUC peek feature and an even better feature which combines an actually folded inserted piece of paper and you can peek 2 words simultaneously. Oh and it can also load a card in the zippered compartment.
Lastly it looks a more natural looking leather wallet imho Gaz 😊
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I am being told this uses an identical mechanism as my complete peek wallet. If so we will need to get this sorted!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (217 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13..15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL