The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (213 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1445 Posts

Profile of Jared
M Pitcher is correct. It was Becker and Earle who first pioneered the concept of a flip section for a peek. I owned the original Gravity Wallet and then later the Complete Peek Wallet, and was actually surprised that B & E were not credited when the TCPW was released. BTW- I've also viewed the instructions for the Nexus Wallet and can honestly say that the Complete Peek and Gravity closely resemble each other more in terms of method and mechanics than either of them to the Nexus.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I have a series of totally non plastic or leather wallets coming out.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2735 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I totally disagree with the last post, and although one of my best friends is a Vegan I totally disagree with everything they stand for Gaz 😊

Amen
Look for all the world like you're counting the brain cells in his cranium.

-Theodore Annemann
blitzavi
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of blitzavi
Hello Everyone,

I received the Nexus wallet today and I am pleased with it. Still playing around with it, but some initial thoughts on it:

- Great Peek [Very Deceptive]
- The CTW handling is great
- Also, the quality of the teaching by Javier is superb.

I will be giving it a spin for some street magic this weekend.

~Magic Avi
-blitzavi
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4154 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, bosami wrote:

Animal agriculture is the #1 cause of global warming: contributing overwhelming amounts of greenhouse gas emissions, Carbon Dioxide, Nitrous Oxide and methane. The industry is literally killing the planet. I'm not arguing what goes into making vegan leather - but I'm not worried about a plastic wallet being in a landfill for 1,000 years. Life on this planet won't be around a fraction of that time if we don't address the bigger issue.

https://www.cowspiracy.com/facts

No. No.

For the last 50 years we've heard the 5-, 10- and 15- years until we die unless we 'do something' predictions, yet none have come true and the global warmers are still buying 'soon to be under water' ocean front property.

The only 'evidence' for this claptrap was the Euro global warmer getting caught on a hot mike years ago saying global warming was no more than a created issue used to make $$$.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2735 Posts

Profile of 252life
Yup Chessman. First it was global
Cooling then warming then “change” and now we have about 8 years left until death according to scholars like AOC... I think I’ll invest in oil and continue to enjoy my barbaric life Smile
Now, what was the topic of this thread again? Oh yeah..the demand for plastics in magic props. I’m sure it’s a thing and the industry will collapse if we don’t get woke quick!
Leather here please and thank you.

-Theodore Annemann
252life
View Profile
Inner circle
Ninth Circle, Hades
2735 Posts

Profile of 252life
On topic for real though..
I like this p&&k but not the overall wallet personally. I wish my Viper had the same orientation honestly since it’s easier not seeing a reversed image. But even then it’s not a problem by changing the handling a tad.

-Theodore Annemann
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12392 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On May 28, 2021, Chessmann wrote:
Quote:
On May 27, 2021, bosami wrote:

Animal agriculture is the #1 cause of global warming: contributing overwhelming amounts of greenhouse gas emissions, Carbon Dioxide, Nitrous Oxide and methane. The industry is literally killing the planet. I'm not arguing what goes into making vegan leather - but I'm not worried about a plastic wallet being in a landfill for 1,000 years. Life on this planet won't be around a fraction of that time if we don't address the bigger issue.

https://www.cowspiracy.com/facts

No. No.

For the last 50 years we've heard the 5-, 10- and 15- years until we die unless we 'do something' predictions, yet none have come true and the global warmers are still buying 'soon to be under water' ocean front property.

The only 'evidence' for this claptrap was the Euro global warmer getting caught on a hot mike years ago saying global warming was no more than a created issue used to make $$$.

agree. It's all simply a money trap. a way to tax you for every move you make. all the big mouth posers for climate change fly around in private jets emitting more whatever they say is poison than any of us does in a lifetime.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
A friend of mine showed me his Nexus wallet up close. After playing with it my thoughts are that I'm really glad I didn't buy it. I already have better peek wallets - The Alias wallet is a better peek because there is no hand motion. They slide the card into it and you already got the peek. The Viper wallet is also far superior with its versatility. For those who have not seen my Viperous peek (folded card with the Viper wallet) then send me a PM.
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
Fatgumbo
View Profile
Veteran user
Melbourne, Australia
326 Posts

Profile of Fatgumbo
I hope to do a video soon where I will compare and review the main peek wallets (stealth assassin/shadow/viper/phantom/blink)
Martin Pulman
View Profile
Inner circle
London
3400 Posts

Profile of Martin Pulman
Part of the problem is the ridiculous hyperbole that accompanies every release these days. From the bombastic teaser/trailer videos to the "reviewers" constantly squealing about being "blown away" etc. Every average new prop or minor twist on a principle is treated as if it is the Second Coming.

He's not the worst offender but Craig Petty calling this "the best wallet I've ever seen" is the sort of thing that is now happening far too often. I simply don't believe him. He and the other Magic reviewers have become like hosts on the Shopping Channel. We know they don't really believe the stuff they are saying but their livelihoods/egos depend on getting sales, hits, views, so everything has to be hyped up or smashed down to the max. Nothing can just be average, or not bad, or quite good in some areas but lacking in others. No; things have to be "the best ever" or "this sucks!".

Oh for the days when properly qualified people without a financial or "you scratch my back" interest reviewed objectively in the Magic periodicals.
UnbiasedMagicReviews
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of UnbiasedMagicReviews
Martin, they are not "reviewers", but "Magic Promoters". There is a huge difference. When a new magic product comes out, we often experience the same thing as investors on the stock market - FOMO (Fear of Missing Out).
YouTube & Instagram - UnbiasedMagicReviews
I buy/review magic to help you make better decisions
MindReadingGeek
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of MindReadingGeek
Must disagree with you guys. Craig’s channel.is a fantastic resource to the ‘magic community’. He’s honest and open and doesn’t suffer fools gladly.Check out the love and appreciation through all the feedback and comments he receives.However, as Dave implies over at Magic Orthodoxy, don’t take his word for it,...check out everybody else’s reviews, then you can make an informed decision.
As for the Nexus,...I’m a wallet geek and must have 20 of them. It’s by far the best peek (with the most innocent presentation) I’ve used. It’s pricey, not leather, but with all the add ons - the ‘best wallet I’ve ever seen”. But that’s only my opinion!
Regards

Mind Reading Geek
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2700 Posts

Profile of NeilS
The moment I saw this thread and the heading 'This is the best wallet I have ever seen' I immediately switched off. I have seen such remarks so many times and, no doubt when the next gimmicked wallet comes out, will do so again.

In making my purchasing decisions I now look beyond the hype and take particular note of the views of those who have actually bought the item and whose views and opinion I trust.

Neil
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5321 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
UnbiasedMagicReviews folded business card peek on The Viper is truly outstanding, it wasn’t in the tutorial and what he has come up with is something I don’t believe any other peek wallet can do Gaz 😊 ps I agree with Martin, everything is blown out of proportion in marketing these days there is literally no need to reinvent the wheel imo
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
420 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
On the discussing the f**p method on former wallets, and who did what first and all the usual bla bla...:

In the instruction video for The Nexus Wallet, at 3:51:55 you can hear Javier say (being some kind of credit??? or...:
"...and if you like the method the way The Nexus Wallet peek functions, check out Anthomy Miller's Complete Wallet and Becker and Earl's Gravity Wallet!"

I personally like this wallet peek method better than all the others mentioned in this thread! Yes I have owned most of them and/or at least tried them out!
Great wallet, but it is only MY opinion! Smile
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5321 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Spectators don’t care what peek you use, many many work flawlessly and we all know that if we are being honest.
Buy them all perform them well and it’s purely down to your own personal preference the spectators don’t give a dam as they don’t know or shouldn’t know anyway.
So so many achieve that goal imho Gaz 😊
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Ok so I just got my wallet and as I really love the features. Haven't finished watching all the instructions, but both the peek and ctw features are great. Haven't gotten to the ID transpo part yet so I don't fully understand that part just yet. But the peek and ctw are the main things I bought this for, and am happy with both features.

BUT.. there is one big issue that I'm hoping is just me and noone else has had this problem. But I removed the money clip and went to reverse it, and it's nearly impossible to reinsert it.

Tried prying the clip open a bit so it goes in easier which didn't help. Something is snagging it and I can't tell what it is. I tried to finesse it, being as careful as possible, didn't apply much force and now the opening started to rip.

This is incredibly frustrating. Brand new wallet ripping already.. Anyway like I said I'm hoping it's just mine, and that they aren't all like this. I wouldn't expect that to be the case or else there would be complaints everywhere. But anyone else having this problem as well?

I'm hoping I can get this replaced and the next one is better. Aside from this issue I really do like everything about the wallet and want to use and perform with it.
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Quote:
On May 29, 2021, jamo425 wrote:
Ok so I just got my wallet...But I removed the money clip and went to reverse it, and it's nearly impossible to reinsert it....Tried prying the clip open a bit so it goes in easier which didn't help. Something is snagging it and I can't tell what it is. I tried to finesse it, being as careful as possible, didn't apply much force and now the opening started to rip.

Hey Jamo, you are not alone. I posted about it earlier, but I fear this may be a potential flaw in the design, as the one I have very much has the possibility to do that. When I went to reverse it, I noticed that the clip was getting caught on a piece of fabric that was sewn into the inside of where that clip is going. It could also get caught on a card if you have one in there, as that is part of a pocket. And if you put some pressure when putting it in, that opening could rip because of the thinner material. Anyway, the solution is to either place your finger in the curve of the clip (the U end) to open it more as you put it in, so it does not catch, or bend it open more so it does not catch. Thank you
jamo425
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of jamo425
Hey Luke thanks for the advice. But man that is disappointing that it's a flaw in the design. That part really should be reinforced. Fortunately mine isn't too badly ripped but I know it won't take much for it to rip further. Wish I had known about this beforehand Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » NEXUS WALLET by Javier Fuenmayor ("This is the best wallet I have ever seen!" - Craig Petty) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (213 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL