We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The never Vanishing Silk (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1526 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Barts 185 is correct. A typo on my part.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22925 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Just received my Never Vanishing Silk this afternoon. I am very disappointed in these gimmicks. Uses rubber bands I have never seen before. No where to get new ones when these rot out.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
One gimmick is cool and can be used alone I suppose. The other is kind of squirrely I am not sure it will fit in my top jacket pocket. But I haven't tried it out yet.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Just received my Never Vanishing Silk this afternoon. I am very disappointed in these gimmicks. Uses rubber bands I have never seen before. No where to get new ones when these rot out.


I agree. I was looking at the black band wondering how hard it would be to replace. Mighty tight fit!!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I assumed it used a spring, similar to the toys back in the day with a rubber suction pad on the bottom. Very surprised it uses a rubber band with the cost being so high. Laughable.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1526 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
The black bands should be found at a Joann Fabrics. It is elastic cord.

Ron
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2021, mrmagic0 wrote:
The black bands should be found at a Joann Fabrics. It is elastic cord.

Ron


Buying them will be the easy part. Did you see how tight they are through the gimmick?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22925 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The black bands is not problem, get them at any Dollar store in the ladies hair section.

It was the large flat band and the small pink band. Never seen anything like that in the U.S.

I don't like the spring is glued in the TT, I wanted to coat the inside of the TT with felt to prevent any noise.

Lastly, don't need a rubber band breaking in a performance. I don't see that they sell those special size bands separate.

This is just my opinion, but the black box is to large a breast pocket.

Don't get what they mean by a "needle Cross" for the hat. Do they mean use a needle on the hat to string it across the top of the opening of the hat.
For the asking price a detailed DVD video would have been better.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
472 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
So I got my never vanishing silk today. I actually like it and can see its potential beyond what is shown in the video. Noise is a bit of a factor but only with the larger gimmick so not sure what the creator was getting at with the whole its silent comment.

It would also be nice if the creator maybe makes a private youtube video showing everything a bit more in depth you know care and maintenance and maybe his routine setup. He can share that link with people who can verify purchase?

Its definitely funny and has lots of potential but it is expensive for what you get.

You don't have to use both in conjunction but it would be cool to share ideas and maybe get a more formal video.

Just my 2 cents.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I saw a bad review for it on Penguin saying it was bad material. They had taken the review down. Don’t know what’s going on with them.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2021, pegasus wrote:
I assumed it used a spring, similar to the toys back in the day with a rubber suction pad on the bottom. Very surprised it uses a rubber band with the cost being so high. Laughable.



Oh but Peg it is the way the band is used that makes it valuable. haha
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
I'm hoping that Quique will pop back on and address some of these concerns.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2021, SoCalPro wrote:
I'm hoping that Quique will pop back on and address some of these concerns.


Smile Smile Smile Smile
Marduk
View Profile
New user
Argentina
99 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Hi everyone!
I want to Thank all the coments about the trick.
Regarding the elástic cord that makes the silk jump, could be bought at any shop that sells buttoms, zippers, sewing thread, etc. The little elástic band is a regular one, and only holds the trigger.
Anyway, into the box you can find replacement of both of them.
The material is very Good and very resistant. The "hand gimmick" ís mounted over a Vernet gimmick.
The sound is not too loud, and into the pocket is less even.
Regarding the video, is a good idea and I will prepare it soon. I agree the gimmicks have a lot of potential, for example, if you use a sponge ball instead of the silk it will jump much more.
The idea of action the gimmick into a briefcase is only a posibility, the gimmicks is made to be actioned into the pocket.
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jun 25, 2021, Marduk wrote:
Hi everyone!
I want to Thank all the coments about the trick.
Regarding the elástic cord that makes the silk jump, could be bought at any shop that sells buttoms, zippers, sewing thread, etc. The little elástic band is a regular one, and only holds the trigger.
Anyway, into the box you can find replacement of both of them.
The material is very Good and very resistant. The "hand gimmick" ís mounted over a Vernet gimmick.
The sound is not too loud, and into the pocket is less even.
Regarding the video, is a good idea and I will prepare it soon. I agree the gimmicks have a lot of potential, for example, if you use a sponge ball instead of the silk it will jump much more.
The idea of action the gimmick into a briefcase is only a posibility, the gimmicks is made to be actioned into the pocket.


Thank you for chiming in. Would it be possible for you to elaborate more (maybe in a PM) on how one might trigger the second gimmick from a top hat or briefcase? That part of the instruction was unclear.

Thank you.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Welp? Those of us that purchased this....what do ya'll think of this little gizmo? I'll leave my thoughts later.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2021, SoCalPro wrote:
Welp? Those of us that purchased this....what do ya'll think of this little gizmo? I'll leave my thoughts later.


Have you not read the above reviews, thoughts? Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22925 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, the diamond shaped silks are not not easy to find currently. The 12 inch silks seems to have been very popular, creating a shortage.

Luckily I have a few that I use with my vanishing silk wand.

The TT works fine, but it need practice to catch the silk as it leaps out of your fist. The 12 inch diamond shaped silks I have completely fill the TT. No room left final push. I had no problem catching silk as it began to shoot out. I don't think I will bother with the attaching the corner of the silk, as I can catch the silk in the middle as it exists. Who knows still getting use to it.

I have not examined the black box to see how it works and what one has to do to make it work. In the demo, it looks like the second silk leaps from the left back behind his shoulder. I looks like the left pocket is already used, so where is one one that shoots very high come from? It is not covered in the poorly written instructions or pictures.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 6, 2021, SoCalPro wrote:
Welp? Those of us that purchased this....what do ya'll think of this little gizmo? I'll leave my thoughts later.


Have you not read the above reviews, thoughts? Smile



I have.....and I'm looking for more user reviews.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1621 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Well, the diamond shaped silks are not not easy to find currently. The 12 inch silks seems to have been very popular, creating a shortage.

Luckily I have a few that I use with my vanishing silk wand.

The TT works fine, but it need practice to catch the silk as it leaps out of your fist. The 12 inch diamond shaped silks I have completely fill the TT. No room left final push. I had no problem catching silk as it began to shoot out. I don't think I will bother with the attaching the corner of the silk, as I can catch the silk in the middle as it exists. Who knows still getting use to it.

I have not examined the black box to see how it works and what one has to do to make it work. In the demo, it looks like the second silk leaps from the left back behind his shoulder. I looks like the left pocket is already used, so where is one one that shoots very high come from? It is not covered in the poorly written instructions or pictures.


The black gimmick is what shoots the second silk up, making it re appear. I can see how it would work in your breast pocket but haven't come up with a way to trigger it from another location (top hat....case...etc). Setting the black box gimmick is REALLY difficult as it requires a lot of pressure. I actually broke the top rim of mine last week trying to load. I am hoping I can glue it back together.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The never Vanishing Silk (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL