The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The never Vanishing Silk (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Marduk
View Profile
Regular user
Argentina
105 Posts

Profile of Marduk
Quote:
On May 25, 2021, quantum_swami wrote:
I love this. Very funny. Thanks for sharing

Yes, sure, it is possible, modifying the strength of the gimmick easily.
I'am a proffesional magician and lecturer
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Hocus-Pocus had them in stock yesterday if you are interested.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
All gone already at Hocus-Pocus.
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Special user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
528 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Ha ha! Absolutely brilliant!
I have used Sucker-Silk+Silk-to-egg-false-explanation as an opener for about 50 years. (Yes, that is true!)
And I have been so lucky to get rebookings during all these years...
You can surely see what I mean...
I am getting this, for shure! Smile
indomagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1143 Posts

Profile of indomagic
This trick remind me of Werry's Silk Dream. I guess same method to make the silk appear from nowhere.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Any reviews of this?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Love this!

Just when you think a particular effect is perfect for what it is, someone comes along and figures it out just as simply-put, but with a unique sprinkling of salt & pepper that makes it even better. BRAVO! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
magomago
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of magomago
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2021, Mb217 wrote:
Love this!

Just when you think a particular effect is perfect for what it is, someone comes along and figures it out just as simply-put, but with a unique sprinkling of salt & pepper that makes it even better. BRAVO! Smile

I am thinking to buy the effect. Can you give more info please : Durability of the gimmicks? Reset time? must you wear a jacket?

Thank you.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I don't have the effect yet but can see clear enough that it is a real winner. Smile

Perhaps someone else here that actually has the trick, might better be able to answer your questions, but I can tell from the look of it that it is something worth having in your arsenal. It seems full of immediate magic that immediately turns into memorable smiles. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2021, emyers99 wrote:
Any reviews of this?

Not allowed to review products that are not from Advertisers on the Café.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Just received this yesterday and my ONLY concern is the loudness of the ending pop up gimmick. Does anyone else share this same concern? Other than that....it's REALLY fun and I cannot wait to add it to my show! Smile
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
There was one review on penguin. Gave it one star with a very short review. Seems to have disappeared since I saw it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2021, emyers99 wrote:
There was one review on penguin. Gave it one star with a very short review. Seems to have disappeared since I saw it.

I had a bad feeling about this, especially at the price point. How unusual for Penguin to remove unfavourable reviews.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:

I had a bad feeling about this, especially at the price point. How unusual for Penguin to remove unfavourable reviews.

Ya...that's not right. They shouldn't be able to take down negative reviews. Don't post the vulgar reviews but don't limit opinions either.
atouchofmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of atouchofmagic1
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah it seems a bit odd they would remove a negative review since a lot of other products have 1 star reviews that haven't been removed.

I have it arriving tomorrow so we will see how it goes.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The review was very short and not really helpful. If I recall, it was of the “it’s crap” variety. So who knows if it was from an actual verified purchaser. Maybe that’s why they removed it.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
Ok-So I received this today. It is not bad. I think at the price he should have included the silks but that's me. It is a very doable and I think usable effect. The noise might be an issue for some as mentioned but I plan to perform this to music with another effect so I don't see a problem. I would give it 31/2 stars out of 5. Just my thoughts.

Ron
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, mrmagic0 wrote:
Ok-So I received this today. It is not bad. I think at the price he should have included the silks but that's me. It is a very doable and I think usable effect. The noise might be an issue for some as mentioned but I plan to perform this to music with another effect so I don't see a problem. I would give it 31/2 stars out of 5. Just my thoughts.

Ron

Totally agree that the silks should have been included. Also...after reading the instructions, I'm still not sure how to trigger the secondary gimmick from a top hat or briefcase. But that may just be me.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’m not good at maths admittedly but what on earth is 31/2 stars out of 5?
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
I’m not good at maths admittedly but what on earth is 31/2 stars out of 5?

Going to take a wild guess that 3 1/2 is 3.5 and not 15.5 out of 5.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The never Vanishing Silk (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL