The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rocky (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

johndini
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of johndini
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiya, I'm a new member and I occasionlly do childrens magic which is great!
Its soo much fun and it's nice for pocket money.

Im not sure this is the right place to ask this but I wondered if you could help....
I have the infamous rocky racoon but I'm limited as to what to do.

I would greatly apppreciate any commments from those with rocky with some ideas or routines that I can use so I can make my show a bit more fun.

Thanks a lot
JoHnDiNi
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
Check out Dave Williamson's first tape - Sleight of Dave. He's got a lot of good ideas on there.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Do a search for rocky, this post is in a lot of topics, I think we would all be repeating ourselves over again if we were to go through it all again. Rocky has limitless capabillities, I'll find some good links. Childrens magic is a lot of getting something out of nothing rocky your can get so much out of it. Just think what it could do.
Matt
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
I would love to buy the zig zag rocky - just so darn expensive though!
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
How much is at the moment?
Matt
stu-di-doo
View Profile
Regular user
Cumbria, UK
160 Posts

Profile of stu-di-doo
I've seen it for about £60.00 brand new and surprisingly over £80.00 on Ebay!!

I think Philip knows who sells them, I'm sure he'll post it when he sees this!

Stu Di Doo
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I reakon I can make one with a twist for less than that. I might take out the middle section and do a mismade rocky.
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Go with Dave Williamson's first tape
Hill
View Profile
Inner circle
1164 Posts

Profile of Hill
It would be nice to try matt - but I think I will try to rub the pennies together and buy the original.

stu-di-doo, where did you see it for £60?
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Yes, I think its not a bad price, but I like the idea of a mismade rocky like a girl into sixths.
Matt
stu-di-doo
View Profile
Regular user
Cumbria, UK
160 Posts

Profile of stu-di-doo
Hi Guys

Yes it is currently £62.00 and available from RAR Magic

http://www.rarmagic.com/online/

Good luck...it's on my wish list!

Stu Di Doo
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Johndini, there's some great ideas for rocky routines being shared here:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=45
I might add my thoughts to that thread because I'm having a lot of fun with Norman,(well,they can't ALL be called Rocky) at the moment.

As well as all the excellent literature and ideas already recommended another way to come up with ideas and routines for Rocky is just to play with him a lot! Stand in front of a mirror and play about with Rocky for a bit and I gaurantee that within ten minutes you'll have come up with a move that will make yourself laugh.

For including rocky in magic routines, he is quite good at:
Snuffling for objects such as cards.
Jumping in and out of boxes.
Squishing up into compartments.
I'll post some other ideas and gags in the other thread .
George
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2181 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
Heres an idea sqush rocky up say hes just been run over, blow into his tail and slowly realese the spring in him so it looks like your inflating him through his tail.
Matt
Emazdad
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth UK
1954 Posts

Profile of Emazdad
$60 is not a lot of money when you consider how many shows you are going to use it for, even if you only do 20 shows in a year it's only £3 a show.

One word of caution. The kids will see rocky as real, and if you look like your hurting him some may get upset. So if you do get the zig zag, ensure your routine is well thought out, so it doesn't come across as cruel to rocky.
Yours Funfully
Clive "Emazdad" Hemsley
www.emazdad.com

"Magic is a secret, without the secret there is no magic"

Remember there are only 3 types of people in the world, those that can count and those that can't.
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
One bit that kills for kids, is to get them to tell Rocky to "SIT UP". He doesn't do it no matter whether they ask me loudly, queitly or in a silly voice

In the end, you get the kid's to lead by example and all sit and straight and then giggle. When they giggle he sits up straight. You keep saying "GIGGLE" and he sits up. After a while you say, "OK, that's enough, no more giggling." but say it in a silly voice. Of course, the kid's all giggle and Rocky sits up. So you say "Hey! No giggling" and sure enough, the kid's will giggling again. The more he sits up the more they giggle until Rocky's head is bopping up and down like a jackhammer!!!

In the end, Rocky faints and lies on his back on the table so you have give him the kiss of life to wake him up.

I find kid's LOVE this bit!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rocky (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL