The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » FISM Cancellation question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2305 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Regretfully, because of the pandemic, I had to cancel my FISM registration. Due to the substantial loss of income I had, I can no longer afford a vacation like this.

What I'm having trouble understanding is why they gave me my refund at the exchange rate between US and Canada. I paid my registration in US Dollars. Shouldn't they refund me in US Dollars?

Then there is the $75 cancellation fee. Because the pandemic don't you think they would waive this fee? I paid to attend an event in 2021, not 2022. In other words, they broke their promise to me. They changed the date. I've had so many magic shows cancel on me. It wouldn't even occur to me to keep their deposit or charge them a cancellation fee.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10195 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
This makes no sense to me. I could maybe understand the cancellation fee, but even that should be waived due to the pandemic and the circumstances. The exchange rate makes no sense at all. I completely agree with you. This is a matter of business ethics as well.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2305 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Thank you Mindpro for that confirmation. Because I did not get a response I was just about to post this in the Tricky Business because it is a matter of business ethics.

Between me and my wife's registration that's a difference of $215 I did not receive because of the exchange rate. Plus $75 deposit x 2. To add insult to injury they charged me a $20 electronic transaction fee.

I asked the person who gave a me the credit for an explanation. A week later he wrote that he forwarded my email to the accountant. That was 2 weeks ago.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
mantel
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
Prices are listed in Canadian dollars and there are no taxes or fees added to these prices. Prices listed in US dollars or Euros are for reference purposes only; prices are bound to vary, depending on the exchange rate of the day of your purchase.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » FISM Cancellation question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL