We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REFRAKTOR Vol.1 - gimmickless cube project by Kev G & Collin Claus (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of kevg
[ KILLER CUBE MAGIC WITH JUST A RUBIK'S CUBE! ]

REFRAKTOR by Kev G & Collin Claus is an essential toolbox for any magician that performs with a Rubik's cube. This project includes moves, solves, forces, routines and the best part... all with just a cube - no gimmicks in sight!

We wanted to put together everything you'd need to be able to go out and perform awesome magic with just a Rubik's cube, no bags, no gimmicks and completely practical. Everything on this project is modular so you can build your own routines with the ideas and concepts we provide.

TEASER TRAILER: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EweSJVDqiK4

VOLUME 1 CONTENTS:

- 446 MIX
This enables you to display one side of the cube solved to any colour named, it's a completely free choice! The best part is that you only need to learn ONE algorithm. It's the same algorithm to get in and out of the mix... REVOLUTIONARY!

- CUBE CARDS STACK
Learn Kev's preferred stack as taught on Cube Cards using Takamiz Usui's famous 2112 mix. This versatile method was a game changer for Rubik's cube magic.

- G-FORCE SOLVE
An evolution of the one handed solve Kev contributed to Fredrik Höjman's 'Squeeze'. Now more practical, angle proof and sure fire. This can now be done row by row or as an instant solve of all sides of the cube.

- DT SOLVE
The DT (double take) colour solve is done on the offbeat. After showing a mixed cube all over the cube one side of the cube miraculously solves. This can also be used for an incredible in the hands solve of an audience member.

- STEALTH SOLVE
A solve of one side of the cube done in an instant.

- MIXMASTER FALSE MIX
A mega false mix that looks like you're genuinely mixing up the cube by rotating the cube whilst you make turns.

- DECEPTICON
Get ready to give your audience three knock-out blows where you catch them off guard at every stage, they won't see it coming!

DECEPTICON ROUTINE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHj3bY9mW7w

Volumes 2 and 3 coming soon.

For more info check out www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk
----------
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
This looks great - I think that Kev has managed to push the whole solving a Rubik's cube to a new level here. Watch the demo (not a live performance but given the Covid19 situation in the UK this is not surprising or a problem). The routine builds to a logical climax and I think Kev has really thought this through.

I only got it this morning and have not had a chance to look at the method yet - but this is not just a one method download. Ill feed back some more when I have watched more of the first edition.

I trust Kev's work and have, I think, all of his items cube and other. I have never been let down by his products and he has not paid me or given me anything. I bought all 3 of the latest project despite the fact that 2 and 3 are not quite ready yet.
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Im planning to get the Megatron package, when will Vol.1 and 2 be published? Thank you
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2544 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Video is private
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of kevg
Thanks, Vol 1, 2 and 3 are all published. If anyone would like to see full routine videos please send me a PM.
----------
----------
BathTub
View Profile
New user
Wellington, NZ
92 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Working through some of the level up tutorials, keen for my speed cube to arrive.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Aug 2, 2021, BathTub wrote:
Working through some of the level up tutorials, keen for my speed cube to arrive.

There are at least 5 more Level Up videos to come. I should have said that these are FREE TUTORIALS you can sign up to gain access to via www.rubikscubemagician.co.uk

They're not "How to solve the cube" tutorials as there is a ton of free resources already out there. What we wanted to do was to start bridging the gap from the beginners method and provide tutorials which will improve your understanding of the cube and therefore solve time without learning any new algorithms. Subsequent videos will start to touch on some more advanced techniques.
----------
----------
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
378 Posts

Profile of hornet
Hi Kev,

Given there's so many free resources available, it's a bit overwhelming knowing where to start!!

Do you have some that you'd recommend starting with at all? Hoping I can get it down and then pick up this project!

Thanks

Paul
BathTub
View Profile
New user
Wellington, NZ
92 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Yeah I'm mainly using it move to trying to solve the cube while keeping the blue side facing me.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
kevg
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of kevg
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2021, hornet wrote:
Hi Kev,

Given there's so many free resources available, it's a bit overwhelming knowing where to start!!

Do you have some that you'd recommend starting with at all? Hoping I can get it down and then pick up this project!

Thanks

Paul

Hey Paul, a good starting point would be the official Rubik's site as they have video and written instructions so you can use whichever would work best for you. When I first learnt I used the written instructions, but I know others prefer video tutorials.

Here's the link https://www.rubiks.com/en-us/how-to-solve-rubiks-cube

Thanks
Kev
----------
----------
hornet
View Profile
Veteran user
Herts, England
378 Posts

Profile of hornet
Thanks very much Kev. Something to keep me busy on holiday!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » REFRAKTOR Vol.1 - gimmickless cube project by Kev G & Collin Claus (6 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL