The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Portal By Sam King from Ellusionist (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
countrymaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1428 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
A friend showed it to me. It just rocks. with morgans. It seems impossible that the coin is not in the purse. they show it VERY CLEANLY AND THEIR HANDS EMPTY.
But with no fishy moves, it is gone. ONe of the best things of this type to come along. You wont regret it. skill level low to medium.
sammyshowtime
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of sammyshowtime
Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like it!
BathTub
View Profile
Regular user
Wellington, NZ
102 Posts

Profile of BathTub
Sort of sounds like Toibox for coins.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
I received mine in the mail and have been practicing with it.

Very Nice quality leather with wonderful instructions by eric Jones. He is a great teacher.

The only thing I would question is with how long the snap on the flap will last. There is a mechanical life to any type of latch mechanism.

Regardless (for the price), it is well worth it.

If you are already familiar with coin sleights (for example, the various edge/curl grips or palms) then you will be performing with this out of the box. If you are not familiar with coin sleights , then it may take some practice.

As for routines and with what was already mentioned above, think Okito box penetration (for example). You can reveal the penetration in different ways.

With a little creativity, you will have your own routines to perform.

One more thing about FPS vrs PP:
The handling of PP uses clean motivated movements. Nothing suspicious.
As for FPS (and this just my opinion) In watching different product reviewers (as well as the creator), the unload appears to require a movement that would benefit from motivation and/or misdirection. Note: there is a YouTube video with Gregory Wilson performing FPS with a well constructed/scripted routine using good misdirection and justified movements. Based on that video, I may have to pick up the FPS as well. Smile
Cal
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
scott0819
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto, Ont.
1040 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2021, Calvin Tong wrote:
Note: there is a YouTube video with Gregory Wilson performing FPS with a well constructed/scripted routine using good misdirection and justified movements. Based on that video, I may have to pick up the FPS as well. Smile
Cal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAZkfUuxHC8
Calvin Tong
View Profile
Special user
718 Posts

Profile of Calvin Tong
Someone made the following statement earlier:
“one thing that the FPS coin wallet can do that the PP cannot do………….is secretly add a coin into your hand after dumping a couple from the wallet.

In itself, This is a correct statement being the “subject” of the sentence is “ FPS” and the subject performs the action so to speak.

But I can also say the following about PP as well:
“The performer can secretly add a coin into his hand after dumping coins out of the PP using basic sleight of hand.

Why is this important to know? Because this helps clarify some of the key differences.
- FPS will “secretly hold out the extra coin inside the prop itself” and then the coin can be secretly “unloaded”.
- PP (and any other nongaffed coin purse) requires the performer to use basic sleight of hand to add a coin after dumping coins out of a coin purse.

I hope this helps clarify the differences.
Cal Tong
President Emeritus
IBM Ring 216 Silicon Valley
Waters.
View Profile
Special user
703 Posts

Profile of Waters.
Sorry for the left field question: Could this be used with small billets? Would the lack of weight make this less usable? Just thinking out of the box a bit
RicoGood
View Profile
Regular user
The devil told me
159 Posts

Profile of RicoGood
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2022, Waters. wrote:
Sorry for the left field question: Could this be used with small billets? Would the lack of weight make this less usable? Just thinking out of the box a bit

The explained basic move dosen't work with paper. just heavy objekts. But you can adapt it.

This purse is a little gem. a groundbreaking idea to work with a normal purse. No fancy gimmick.
a must have for every serious coin worker. Lots of possibilities
I highly recommend it.

Idea for owner: thumb-palm for load …
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pocket Portal By Sam King from Ellusionist (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL