The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » E-Wave by Marc Oberon (71 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
The cards will last a long time and the board works amazingly with this effect. I highly recommend this. The tutorial is shot well, as usual for Marc's effects and I can't wait to see what he comes out with next.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Could a smaller version be made that would work for close up better in your opinion Ryan? I mean is it possible or are there other factors which would prevent this?
Best wishes Gaz 😊
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
This can be done close-up, Marc gives tips in his tutorial on how to manage the cards for it. I wouldn't want anyone off to the side/behind me when doing this effect, but if you have any card handling experience at all, you can pull this off in an intimate setting.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 11, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Could a smaller version be made that would work for close up better in your opinion Ryan? I mean is it possible or are there other factors which would prevent this?
Best wishes Gaz 😊

Gaz, you may find it unnecessary but I suspect that with your DIY talents you could easily make this up in any size or variation should you want to.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Bill for the info, good to know Gaz 😊
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
I really like this and recommend it. The big deal is how clean all the routine is. It's very close to how you might do this if the spectators could mentally read the cards. The real value hereis all about the routine. It's fairly easy, but tt does take some work to get the card handling down so it's smooth. The video teaching is excellent and he teaches an ending that uses only the cards. You can do this close-up provided there isn't anyone behind you (with or without the board). The board ending fits perfectly and is a nice climax for the average spectator. I personally like the clearly mental / mental clear type of board better and am considering making up a version uses that approach but I'm not sure that the work will justify the small improvement this offers.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
This is a brilliant effect and routine. It’s very well made and for me, this is absolutely fun to perform. I am really enjoying the handling of the cards. It’s so satisfying how clean it is.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I agree dvno. I just performed this tonight to a large group on Zoom and it went over amazingly. They loved every aspect of this and I left the meeting feeling 100% confident about this effect.

I think the climax ending Marc performs is perfect, it's the one I use. It's a great reveal and people were amazed they picked the right cards each time. Can't wait for Marc's next effect.
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys. I thought I would mention I did a review show special on this prop.

I interviewed Marc about the trick and then he performed the routine. Afterwards I review the product and perform it as well. He also addresses some of the issues had on the Café early on in this thread.

Here’s the link. It might be worth watching if you are unsure if it’s right for you.

Thanks.

https://youtu.be/BZzrhJPp91w
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
Great review and interview Craig which was really helpful.
dunraven
View Profile
Regular user
Austin, TX
124 Posts

Profile of dunraven
I received mine this week and am completely satisfied. The method for the ending was as suspected, but the cards are quite clever. Looking forward to trying this out with an audience.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Performed this again 3 nights ago and had rave reviews. I feel bad taking any credit for something that is created so well and handed to us to perform. Marc has created my favorite effect of 2021 for sure. Class act with great customer service. Can't wait for his next release for the public.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I just played around with this and really like it. ESP symbols are a little esoteric, but the premise of the trick is novel (empower the spectator by having them always be right), and the method is clever. I will use to "test" whether older kids (above about seven) are "ready" to do the magic at their birthday party. This magical moment could readily be fit into adult shows, obviously, but also family shows and those for older kids. Harder core mentalists can use the power of suggestion to "control" the spectator's mind. Most importantly, the "guess the card"/kibuki/"which hand" kinds of effects do not often have strong endings. This one has a powerful ending. I wish there was a customizable set of props. Might that be forthcoming?

I have not recommended tricks on this post for a while, but had to stop lurking and praise this one. It is a great trick with a lot of routining possibilities.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2021, Mumblemore wrote:
I just played around with this and really like it. ESP symbols are a little esoteric, but the premise of the trick is novel (empower the spectator by having them always be right), and the method is clever. I will use to "test" whether older kids (above about seven) are "ready" to do the magic at their birthday party. This magical moment could readily be fit into adult shows, obviously, but also family shows and those for older kids. Harder core mentalists can use the power of suggestion to "control" the spectator's mind. Most importantly, the "guess the card"/kibuki/"which hand" kinds of effects do not often have strong endings. This one has a powerful ending. I wish there was a customizable set of props. Might that be forthcoming?

I have not recommended tricks on this post for a while, but had to stop lurking and praise this one. It is a great trick with a lot of routining possibilities.

Marc mentioned on a video that if you contacted him he would be open to making a custom version if his schedule allowed for it. Obviously a one off would be significantly more expensive. Email him with an inquiry and go from there.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1579 Posts

Profile of Jared
I purchased E-Wave when it was first released and finally got around to working with it over the weekend...It's a wonderful prop (highly-recommended!). E-Wave is a multi-phase routine that logically builds to a very satisfying climax. My initial hesitation (before purchasing) was that the final reveal seemed a tad awkward. But my workaround was to casually flash the back while introducing the 5 symbols and during the action of placing it on the stand.

When I first saw the trailer, I wrongly suspected that there was second set of cards BEHIND the board...And I tend to believe that many spectator's will draw this same (wrong) conclusion. So, to eliminate this line of thinking, a casual flash of the back of the board will remedy this. But please try to refrain from saying something stupid like, "Look there's nothing to see here on the back" LOL

E-Wave is ideal for parlor and stage shows, but I don't see this as a close-up prop for many obvious reasons once you learn the secret.
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On Jun 10, 2021, JanForster wrote:
I was following the discussion here a few days and kept silent. But here is my opinion: I think Marc created a great routine (and I mean routine); the routine bears a lot of very nice subtleties, builds up and the props are of very good quality and do not look like "magic props".

But still, here is, what I added... if you know and own Marc's routine you see what I have added/changed. Pay attention what I have done to the upper corners. Nevertheless, I really like Marc's creation. Well done! Jan

Hi Jan.
Would you tell me the reason you added end caps and tape? I am guessing the word "nien" on the back is a comedy bit in the routine and a reason to show the back. Thanks
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
It’s German. It’s “nein”. That’s German for “no”. Don’t you guys in Virginia learn German at high school?
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
It’s German. It’s “nein”. That’s German for “no”. Don’t you guys in Virginia learn German at high school?

Yes, I know. Which is why I said it was probably a comedy bit.
That wasn't my question.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
robfind
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of robfind
Is it me or isn't anyone noticing that the cards gain an incredible amount of width at the final reveal? The cards are thinner when upside down and when the final reveal is done, much wider. So it is obvious to me how this works and should be for any intelligent layman.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » E-Wave by Marc Oberon (71 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL