The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ghost Pips by Izzat Dzid & Peter Eggink (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Jack Skipton
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of Jack Skipton
I bought a moving pips card probably 20 plus years ago. I still have the card but have no idea who put it out. In any case I can’t see what is new about this product, it looks like the only things that have been added are a dishonest trailer, a plastic bag and a dodgy handling.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 2, 2021, Jack Skipton wrote:
I bought a moving pips card probably 20 plus years ago. I still have the card but have no idea who put it out. In any case I can’t see what is new about this product, it looks like the only things that have been added are a dishonest trailer, a plastic bag and a dodgy handling.

I have the same gimmick. I believe it's Japanese in origin and likely popularized when Cyril performed it on TV (that's as far back as I can remember, but that's my n=1 so I wouldn't be surprised if it came out long before that). I don't understand why you would need the plastic bag in this new version, I'm assuming that it facilitates the method. The one that you and I likely are both familiar with, there's no need for the plastic bag as it is a self contained gimmick. One draw back of it is that you can't show it up real close, it would be very easy to tell what is going on but from a few feet of distance and with some slight big movements of the card covering the method of the animation, it's a perfect illusion.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
Yes, I think you're correct it was popularized by Cyril.

The effect can be dated back to August Roterberg 1897.

DR
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 8, 2021, davidredfearn wrote:
Yes, I think you're correct it was popularized by Cyril.

The effect can be dated back to August Roterberg 1897.

DR

Same method as the one popularized by Cyril? I bought it all those years ago mainly due to my appreciation to the method used. Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
No different method.

DR
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 9, 2021, davidredfearn wrote:
No different method.

DR

Thank you, I figured as much Smile
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
196 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
In a weeks time sends me a reminder, I'm busy until then. You can have my Red Riser for FREE I'll even pay the postage. I hope you like it, and good luck. Send a mail to david@davidredfearn.com I cannot send for 7 days

DR
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
In a weeks time sends me a reminder, I'm busy until then. You can have my Red Riser for FREE I'll even pay the postage. I hope you like it, and good luck. Send a mail to david@davidredfearn.com I cannot send for 7 days

DR

Very gracious of you!
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Quote:

DR

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ghost Pips by Izzat Dzid & Peter Eggink (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL