The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rudiment - Chris Rawlins (51 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rmorrell
View Profile
Loyal user
262 Posts

Profile of rmorrell
This is Chris Rawlins new release, what you receive is a small rectangle fully printed booklet, and some special items.

The routine itself is an outgrowth of something Chris has had in print previously, which also comes in the booklet as an appendix.

What Chris has done is taken his original routine and made it into something that fits perfectly into a casual setting.

In fairness to purchasers such as myself I won't mention the specifics of the props and what you are provided with, but the routine description is accurate, they think of a word which you reveal and then they go on to draw a picture which you can also reveal.

This is not some propless pipedream, or electronic marvel, this is Chris at his best taking tried and true mentalism methods and shaping them and routining them into a two-hit reveal.

Included in the booklet along with the routine and appendix of his original writings, are Chris's thoughts on how to focus on what he calls Outputs, and he gives his thoughts on revealing the information this system allows you to gather.

This is a brilliant well routined series of reveals that would work really well in casual as well as more formal settings.

https://c-r-products.yolasite.com/Rudiment.php
Rich Morrell
---
The Magician Blog
lucavolpe
View Profile
Inner circle
Italy - London
3349 Posts

Profile of lucavolpe
I had the pleasure to get a copy of this work for reviewing in Breakfast Mentalism.
For obvious reasons I can’t say exactly how the process is otherwise I will give away the method, but what I can say is that Chris blended together some well known methods in a beautiful choreography that makes of this effect on the audience exactly as described in the ad copy.
Is not easy to review something of this kind without saying to much, but I am sure that you will find a solid method that can be applied to many other ideas.
Hope this help!
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
If it helps, I had a look at it here:

https://youtu.be/R66ekx6Vg24

~ Nique
https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Thanks, Luca and Nique! Will check out your thoughts on this. Much appreciated.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Hey Everyone,

Richard - I’m really happy that you are already enjoying Rudiment! Thank you for your support.

I just wanted to share the details here for anyone curious.

Rudiment was designed to be performed casually although because of what’s at play, it can work equally as well formally too. It’s one of those rare things that uses completely natural ‘props’ and when performed right, can feel impromptu which in turn makes the deception even stronger, as Marc Paul points out in his comments on Rudiment “ Seemingly unprepared demonstrations of mentalism can create astonishing impact.” and Rudiment certainly does.

Nique Tan, Luca Volpe and Marc Paul have all given it their highest recommendation.

I am very excited for you to learn and start using this!

Alongside the routine itself, there is something extra within the appendix and a number of special items included for you to practice and perform with.

Another part to Rudiment that I’m really excited to share is something Richard mentioned - my thoughts on outputs and the value of specific fundamental techniques.

Here is the ad copy:

“Rudiment is a direct demonstration of thought reading.

Your spectator thinks of a random word and nothing else.

They do not write or speak their word.

You begin to verbalise the thoughts you receive in real time and commit to one specific word. This is the exact word your spectator thinks of.

You suggest that though a process of imagined and physical actions they should think about a new word, this time one which they can draw.

Very cleanly and directly you verbally reveal your understanding of thier image.

You are exactly right, every time.

No envelopes, no index cards, no business cards, no pads, no impressions, no special pens or paper, no wallets, no electronics, no multiple realities, no mirrors, no apps, no updates, no tearing, no folding.

You will receive an instructional booklet and two sets of custom tools required for Rudiment.”

"This is a great example of how to create an organic, apparently impromptu routine out of classic ideas and some creative thinking. Seemingly unprepared demonstrations of mentalism can create astonishing impact. Chris uses common everyday items to create a flowing, natural, non-performance where he convincingly reads someone's mind twice! It's a very disarming sequence."
MARC PAUL

I’ll be in touch and check back here when I can.

Chris
edwardowen93
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of edwardowen93
I watched Nique's review and took the plunge as people say here.
It arrived on Saturday morning here and I read it yesterday.
I really like this! I kinda wish this is what more releases were like in a way.
Like Luca dnd Nique I don't wanna say too much here because I wanna keep that idea for buyers but I can't wait to do this for actual people.
Just need life to be normal again.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys,

Can this be done in any language?

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 7, 2021, BMWGuy wrote:
Hey guys,

Can this be done in any language?

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, Rudiment can be done in any language with ease.

Thanks
davis1581
View Profile
New user
Bathurts, NSW, Australia.
19 Posts

Profile of davis1581
Where can we find demo of Rudiment please ?

'
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2021, davis1581 wrote:
Where can we find demo of Rudiment please ?

There is no demo.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Although I do plan on including Rudiment in a future video project, for now there is no demo.

Those that have it will understand that there is an element to Rudiment - specifically the materials used in performance that once you know you can’t un-know. It’s a part of what you’re learning.

Hope that helps and more information soon,

Chris
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
But seriously... a video of a performance would go a long way to help a decision to buy this or not. Ad copy is just not enough these days.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
ed wood
View Profile
Special user
742 Posts

Profile of ed wood
I'm always wary of a routine that can't have a video demo because "people will work it out". Most magicians, including myself are absolute dummies and if they can work something out that will often mean the general public can too. In this case we can't even get a full description of the effect in case we work it out! In the good old days tricks of this ilk would be published in magazines, Jinx, Magick etc. Occasionally they would make it into a book with multiple effects. Nowadays they get published as standalone effects for more money than a really good book, i.e. Doug Dymants - Calculated Thoughts.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Special user
North West, England.
536 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 16, 2021, ed wood wrote:
I'm always wary of a routine that can't have a video demo because "people will work it out". Most magicians, including myself are absolute dummies and if they can work something out that will often mean the general public can too. In this case we can't even get a full description of the effect in case we work it out! In the good old days tricks of this ilk would be published in magazines, Jinx, Magick etc. Occasionally they would make it into a book with multiple effects. Nowadays they get published as standalone effects for more money than a really good book, i.e. Doug Dymants - Calculated Thoughts.

Hi Ed,

I completely understand where you are coming from. With Rudiment it is not that you would figure this out’ by seeing it, it’s that part of what you are buying is a simple but elegant shift in the materials used, that really does change the feel of the experience.

Even though this would likely fool you, and certainly does fool real people: a video demo would give you that piece of particular knowledge without buying it, hence the secrecy here. I hope you can understand and if you decide to pick up a copy, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

Best wishes,

Chris
edwardowen93
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of edwardowen93
I used Rudiment 3 times this week! It's one of my new favourite things to perform, it shocks people

I have a slight variation I can share with anyone that wants the scoop, PM me.

Ed
BeefyBill
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of BeefyBill
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2021, edwardowen93 wrote:
I used Rudiment 3 times this week! It's one of my new favourite things to perform, it shocks people

I have a slight variation I can share with anyone that wants the scoop, PM me.

Ed

Thanks for the recommendation, I’d love to see your variation when I pick this up!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rudiment - Chris Rawlins (51 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL