We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19~20~21 [Next]
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3958 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
After stamping the coin, hand out the coin to be examined. Take it back and say that since it is a newly minted coin, the coin can still be a bit soft. Do a coin bend and give out the bent coin as a souvenir.
Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, magicinsight wrote:
After stamping the coin, hand out the coin to be examined. Take it back and say that since it is a newly minted coin, the coin can still be a bit soft. Do a coin bend and give out the bent coin as a souvenir.
Michael

That’s a very cool idea. Permission to use that Michael?

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint

:)
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3958 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, Nathan Kranzo wrote:
Quote:
Michael

That’s a very cool idea. Permission to use that Michael?

Of course. My pleasure. Thank you for releasing a terrific, professional item with a great premise.

Michael Siegel

:)
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3367 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I just placed my order. If it locks up tight and the seams are invisible...then it is well worth the price!
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
755 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Very nice! I don't think it's going to fool anyone really. But it's a nice little prop that is sure to make some folks smile. Like Kranzo said, I think specs will just go with it as long as the story/patter is interesting enough.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I just placed my order. If it locks up tight and the seams are invisible...then it is well worth the price!

That’s a great point! Someone else brought this up. They asked me if “there is any rattle or noise after the effect of you shake the press“.

The answer is happily know! After the mechanism is locked it is completely silent.... it is examinable.... and there is no rattle, or noise at all!!!

check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
This is so elegant looking. Because it’s self contained am I ignorant to believe you can let the spectator do it all and you’re completely hands off or does the heavy part need managing up until the plunge (assuming they don’t pull it out half way through )?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
The premise of showing people the easiest way to make money is so easy to bring up or work into a conversation and creates really strong interest so quickly and easily that I can never pass up these type of routines, so I couldn’t resist getting this one either.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
156 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I don't think anyone would have NOT purchased this if they had made the quarter stamp reversed as it should be, but they have obviously turned some people off by not making it with the correct facing. Too bad, maybe they could sell some of these with the 'correct' stamp for anyone worried about it or bothered with OCD. I have to admit, I noticed that right away and it's hard for me to not think about it. Not worried about spectator's as much, it just doesn't look right to me, haha. Looks like a well-made effect aside from that design issue.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Another vote for UK version

Our 10p is same size so would be perfect
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, Jack Straw wrote:
Shouldn't the part that stamps the ball into a quarter be a mirror image, or am I stupid?

Oh, I know, specs will never notice or realize the inconsistency.

My bad.

Glad you noticed it too. Good otherwise. For the price that discrepancy should not be there.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
Another vote for UK version

Our 10p is same size so would be perfect

Agreed as long as they mirror image the stamp.
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, Jack Straw wrote:
Shouldn't the part that stamps the ball into a quarter be a mirror image, or am I stupid?

Oh, I know, specs will never notice or realize the inconsistency.

My bad.

Glad you noticed it too. Good otherwise. For the price that discrepancy should not be there.

Didn't you see? They did it on PURPOSE! It's not a mistake at all!

LOLLINGTON LOL.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, J M Talbot wrote:
I have and am sure many here have performed many "printing" type effects over the years. Many of those effects including a favorite of mine... Daryl's handling of "Printing" had a few inconsistencies in the card images. Have done that 100's of times and not once was it noticed. In fact I would be willing to bet if the printing image was reversed on this prop I would spend way more time having to explain that than justify why it is positive.

From experience know it will not be an issue but if it is a concern easy enough to not buy it. Nate... how about a small Canadian run? Smile

Presto Printo (Daryl) printed a reverse image first and that was corrected by printing a card from the reversed image. It made logical sense and specs loved that part. This is a big mistake that should not have made it past the drawing board imo. Shame really as it’s a good effect otherwise.

Quote [In fact I would be willing to bet if the printing image was reversed on this prop I would spend way more time having to explain that than justify why it is positive]

Well the majority of us perform for specs with an average IQ above 69, unlike you obviously. Lol.
Calvin826
View Profile
Elite user
499 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
To say the stamp orientation doesn't matter is B.S., plain and simple. And of course, we have to make it worse by dragging out the old 'real workers wouldn't care', and 'you just need to learn audience management.'

Don't talk about 'craftsmanship of the highest order' when that is clearly not the case. This item is a great idea executed poorly. For the price being charged it should be perfect in every way.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, Calvin826 wrote:
To say the stamp orientation doesn't matter is B.S., plain and simple. And of course, we have to make it worse by dragging out the old 'real workers wouldn't care', and 'you just need to learn audience management.'

Don't talk about 'craftsmanship of the highest order' when that is clearly not the case. This item is a great idea executed poorly. For the price being charged it should be perfect in every way.

I believe Calvin826 has a point....for the hefty price all should be correct. Though, I also agree that the majority of people probably won't notice, as I stated before, only those astute few will call you on it.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
Quote:
I have and am sure many here have performed many "printing" type effects over the years. Many of those effects including a favorite of mine... Daryl's handling of "Printing" had a few inconsistencies in the card images. Have done that 100's of times and not once was it noticed. In fact I would be willing to bet if the printing image was reversed on this prop I would spend way more time having to explain that than justify why it is positive.

From experience know it will not be an issue but if it is a concern easy enough to not buy it. Nate... how about a small Canadian run? Smile

Presto Printo (Daryl) printed a reverse image first and that was corrected by printing a card from the reversed image. It made logical sense and specs loved that part. This is a big mistake that should not have made it past the drawing board imo. Shame really as it’s a good effect otherwise.

Quote [In fact I would be willing to bet if the printing image was reversed on this prop I would spend way more time having to explain that than justify why it is positive]

Well the majority of us perform for specs with an average IQ above 69, unlike you obviously. Lol.

Did I mention Daryl's Presto Printo? If you are going to insult me please keep the facts straight. I am referring to the original Dominique Duvivier's "Printing" effect. When Daryl released his great handling I purchased a custom set of Bicycle cards from him directly at a convention. These cards were beautifully hand made by the legendary card gaffer Martin Lester (now deceased). My point was simply that the images were not mirror imaged and no one noticed or cared. I could have decided to not purchase because of that detail but would have missed out on an effect that became a staple for me for many years. In fact Daryl pointed out the discrepancy and assured me it would not be an issue... and he was right.

Simply passing on my experience with this type of detail, of course you can ignore but why the need for personal insults?
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, J M Talbot wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Did I mention Daryl's Presto Printo? If you are going to insult me please keep the facts straight. I am referring to the original Dominique Duvivier's "Printing" effect. When Daryl released his great handling I purchased a custom set of Bicycle cards from him directly at a convention. These cards were beautifully hand made by the legendary card gaffer Martin Lester (now deceased). My point was simply that the images were not mirror imaged and no one noticed or cared. I could have decided to not purchase because of that detail but would have missed out on an effect that became a staple for me for many years. In fact Daryl pointed out the discrepancy and assured me it would not be an issue... and he was right.

Simply passing on my experience with this type of detail, of course you can ignore but why the need for personal insults?

Because you’re insulting everyone of us with your ‘nobody is going to notice’ BS. You’re completely wrong in your assessment of the average spectator I’m afraid.

Presto printo by Daryl. https://youtu.be/6XuWXqsFueI
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Please quote an insult I have made? I am simply passing on experience I have had performing effects with perceived discrepancies. If that is insulting not sure what to say... your comments on the other hand are very insulting and quite tone deaf.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
Michael

Very clever idea! I also have a quarter I believe from Roy Keuppers that looks like you have smudged and slightly stretched one end. Could also fit nicely with the "soft" idea. Thanks for sharing that. May have to take the plunge despite not having a Canadian version Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL