We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Love the foil idea! I thought for an added convincer, I’d have the client warm up a penny and throw that in with the foil, press it and show how the quarter on the ridges is both copper and silver: “see a lot of people don’t know about that, but it’s the secret ingredient if you want to get it just right!” ☺️
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 20, 2021, MagicBrent wrote:
Love the foil idea! I thought for an added convincer, I’d have the client warm up a penny and throw that in with the foil, press it and show how the quarter on the ridges is both copper and silver: “see a lot of people don’t know about that, but it’s the secret ingredient if you want to get it just right!” ☺️

Nice touch MagicBrent.
Along those same lines, I have some copper ball chain I could use instead of a penny. Drop a short length of that into the foil and roll the whole thing into a ball.
Stamp it into a real quarter.
Love this thing!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
That’s even better video man because it’s just “copper” so it seems more organic.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:

Wow that is a cool idea Smile

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint

Do you mind if I use that? Smile

🙏🙏🙏❤️
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Kranzo, I’d be honored. It’s not often I get to give back to the Café and our art.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Kranzo, I’d be honored. It’s not often I get to give back to the Café and our art.

I can vouch for that.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4180 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Wish there was a safe version of hyno heat. Might play as a decent lead in to heat the foil
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Shade from Pegasus. I guess it’s true what they say that we only roast those we love. 😂😂😂
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2021, MagicBrent wrote:
Shade from Pegasus. I guess it’s true what they say that we only roast those we love. 😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣🤣
psylocke
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of psylocke
Since my chocolate coin idea haven't found much success I rephrase my question.

For a Willy Wonka theme is it possible to start the routine by dumping out a chocolate coin from the container, eat the chocolate coin, make the wrapper into a ball and use it to STAMP another chocolate coin?

pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 21, 2021, psylocke wrote:

For a Willy Wonka theme is it possible to start the routine by dumping out a chocolate coin from the container, eat the chocolate coin, make the wrapper into a ball and use it to STAMP another chocolate coin?

Wouldn’t the ball be tiny, as you’ve just eaten 99 percent of the volume of the coin.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:

That sounds doable.
I think the hardest part may be finding chocolate coins the correct size. Not only diameter but thickness as well.

If you get it all worked out please post back here and let us know.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:

Another great idea!!!!

Just a heads up. We ship worldwide!!! Get yours now.

I love the chocolate coin idea.
Always loved the Paul Harris idea of using a chocolate scented marker too Smile
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
From a Willy Wonka perspective and I haven't tried this yet to see if it could fit, but if you could find a smaller chocolate kiss to work with it.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3612 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Interseting idea adding the copper to the mix... Some copper "BB's" found in sporting goods stores would work as something to sprinkle in...

Had an opprtunity to show a neighbor $tamp on the weekend using my foil ball idea. For fun had him sign his intials in block letters as best he could on the foil ball. I placed the ball in the unit with his intials touching the tail "die". Had him go through the motions of pushing the plunger, squeezing the foil ball. Plunger removed and coin is seen in the cup. I dumped the coin in his hand and he discovered his intials on the tail side of the coin... was pleased with the extra reaction adding the intial received. I of course placed his intials on the coin in advance... but you knew that Smile

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4183 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The initial idea is very clever!
AT LAST - a NEW fun coins across!! MIGRATE is filled with laughs, magic, cool moves, lasts over 3 minutes, uses props, comes in a Poker Chip version or special Deluxe version with coins, and is about...BEARS! AT DEALERS EVERYWHERE!
https://youtu.be/hzf-Trbs4Ts

https://youtu.be/gGjMtW1DLjA

ALSO...available at dealers EVERYWHERE - RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC- The biggest book on coin magic since Bobo's Modern Coin Magic, and the most important since David Roth's Expert Coin Magic! Hardbound, 500 pages, 20 chapters of state of the art coin magic illustrated with 930 crisp photos! A contribution chapter from over 20 of the world's top coin magicians! This will be the book against which all future books on coin magic will be measured! Already called a Modern Classic!!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email at rubinsteindvm@aol.com I also have some limited supplies of coins and props used in the book, let me know if you want a pricelist.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
With the initial idea, you could distort the initials with the dashes across quarter in various ways because if you sign foil, ball it up and press it, it makes sense that it would be distorted as a convincer even more.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2021, J M Talbot wrote:
Interseting idea adding the copper to the mix... Some copper "BB's" found in sporting goods stores would work as something to sprinkle in...

Had an opprtunity to show a neighbor $tamp on the weekend using my foil ball idea. For fun had him sign his intials in block letters as best he could on the foil ball. I placed the ball in the unit with his intials touching the tail "die". Had him go through the motions of pushing the plunger, squeezing the foil ball. Plunger removed and coin is seen in the cup. I dumped the coin in his hand and he discovered his intials on the tail side of the coin... was pleased with the extra reaction adding the intial received. I of course placed his intials on the coin in advance... but you knew that Smile

Another great idea! Thank you so much for sharing Smile

The idea of a “chocolate coin“ got me thinking… I wonder if a Hershey‘s kiss will fit in here or in place of the ball?

You squeeze the Hershey‘s kiss down into a chocolate coin… You peel back the foil revealing the chocolate and then restore it…

KranzoMagic.com
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Don’t you think a chocolate kiss is gonna smoosh and ruin your gimmick before the gimmick moves. Why don’t you try it and let us know. Could always make a fake kiss out plastic I guess.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2021, Xcath1 wrote:
Don’t you think a chocolate kiss is gonna smoosh and ruin your gimmick before the gimmick moves. Why don’t you try it and let us know. Could always make a fake kiss out plastic I guess.

Yep that’s exactly I was thinking! Doesn’t have to be a real kiss.

I was going to make it out of sculpety that I can form into any shape. It ends up being hard like wood

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL