The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I would say there has to be a way to let the air expel when you are pressing the ball to a coin. I like the foil to coin much better as to using the ball.
Creator of Cereal Brainwave, Creator of the Tossed out Book
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Just a heads up everyone! If you haven’t gotten yours yet the price goes up this Saturday at midnight to 100 bucks. Get yours now for the low introductory price Smile

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2021, magicbyswh wrote:
I would say there has to be a way to let the air expel when you are pressing the ball to a coin.

Thanks for the hint, I had not considered this point, but should also be able to be solved differently
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
The price goes up to $100 tomorrow at midnight! Get yours for the discounted price before it’s too late Smile

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jun 16, 2021, J M Talbot wrote:
Received mine this week. It is a cool piece for sure. It defintely locks tight! Takes a bit of effort to unlock but it is completely examinable. Here is a little idea on how I will be presenting this. Will bring out a piece of foil (approx 4 1/2" square) with a quarter impression rubbed in the foil (may do this in front of the spectators if it makes sense). Talk about as a kid it was fun to take coins and rub a piece of foil over them and make realistic impressions of coins. (let the spectator check out the foil impression)....

Then will talk about a wierd cool device I found in a antique/curio shop. Let's me really take this to another level. (As you are talking show the Stamp pieces and higlight the quarter die images). Pick up the piece of foil and roll into a tight ball between your palms...

Place the foil ball in the unit and push hard (should really look like you are putting effort into this)... let the spectator remove the plunger... dump the coin on their hand saying "Wow that really looks real... I think you might even get away with spending that!) Everything can then be examined. Very happy with this purchase!

Now this genial aproach really make this brass gem to a winner ⭐️

John, your routine finally convinced me to invest in this trick 👍
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Has anyone had a spectator question the date difference on the coin vs what the stamp date shows?
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
I got a coin with the same date. Problem solved.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2021, magicbyswh wrote:
I got a coin with the same date. Problem solved.

I also ordered a matching coin but not a bargain to hand out as a gift

But for a professional working magician probably no obstacle ...
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Does your coin fit in the brass bottom? I ordered 2 of them and they are too big. They don’t fit. Which was the reason for the question about if anyone looks at the date difference
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
All the quarters I have tried all fit as they should.
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
1140 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2021, jordanjohnson wrote:
Does your coin fit in the brass bottom? I ordered 2 of them and they are too big. They don’t fit. Which was the reason for the question about if anyone looks at the date difference

You have to load the quarter in the outside (larger) container.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
Yep tried it correctly several times. No state quarters fit and only some of the Eagle backed quarters fit. The others are either too large or just large enough it gets stuck halfway at the bottom. Didn’t know if it was just my set or what.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Have tried a number of different quarters on mine and no issues.
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
I just sent an email with some picks to Mr Kranzo so we shall see. I’m sure I was the unlucky one to receive a bad batch.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
Yep tried it correctly several times. No state quarters fit and only some of the Eagle backed quarters fit. The others are either too large or just large enough it gets stuck halfway at the bottom. Didn’t know if it was just my set or what.

That is very strange. No one else has mentioned this problem that I’m aware of.
Let us know what happens with it.

Not to belabor it but you’re positive you are not attempting to put the quarters in the smaller container, yes?
It just seems so weird that they wouldn’t fit. I haven’t found a quarter yet that was too large and for you to find several of them. But I may have only tried with quarters that match the date. Quarters seem to be pretty uniform in size because they all fit my expanded shells fine too. Seems like I would have run across one tight one over the years.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
No state quarters fit and only some of the Eagle backed quarters fit

To my knowledge all quarters share the same dimensions: Diameter 24.26 mm (0.955 in) Thickness 1.75 mm (0.069 in)
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
All quarters are not the same. How do I know this? Well, I own Tenyo Silver Express and one must try different quarters in order to get the apparatus to work properly.

So there you have it!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 7, 2021, Magical Moments wrote:
I own Tenyo Silver Express and must try different quarters in order to get the apparatus to work properly

I have read this more often in the past and therefore never acquired this trick

Have you tried it once with mint Quarters which have the same motifs ?
jordanjohnson
View Profile
Special user
Hiding in the Shadows
593 Posts

Profile of jordanjohnson
This is a quarter. A uncirculated 1994 quarter I bought for it and it’s sitting on top and as you can see it doesn’t fit. I emailed Nate Thursday and no response as of yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6qdtemrgke9x4v......jpg?dl=0
magicbyswh
View Profile
Inner circle
North East Tennessee
1550 Posts

Profile of magicbyswh
PM him on the Café as well. Looks like You got a defect or a duplicate insert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18~19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL