We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..19~20~21 [Next]
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, Calvin826 wrote:
To say the stamp orientation doesn't matter is B.S., plain and simple. And of course, we have to make it worse by dragging out the old 'real workers wouldn't care', and 'you just need to learn audience management.'

Don't talk about 'craftsmanship of the highest order' when that is clearly not the case. This item is a great idea executed poorly. For the price being charged it should be perfect in every way.



I believe Calvin826 has a point....for the hefty price all should be correct. Though, I also agree that the majority of people probably won't notice, as I stated before, only those astute few will call you on it.


I think you're right, in every respect. Most won't notice, and for the price, it should have been made accurately. To suggest it was deliberate is laughable.

However, the real crux of this effect is that it won't fool anyone. No one will think you really squished a ball bearing into a coin. With milled edges.

So, what will they think? They'll think that somehow the ball is being hidden in the weird brass thing.

And they'd be right.

Sure, they will probably be too polite to say anything, but I bet anyone any money that if you performed it, and then someone else came up to the spectator afterwards and asked them how they thought it possibly could work, each and every person would come to the same, correct conclusion.

Now, there seems to be a huge swathe of magi who like performing with really obvious "magic props" because they enjoy collecting them, or they like the "toy" aspect of them or whatever. But they rarely actually fool anyone. And as someone wise once said, if you don't fool them, you're just a clown.

YMMV, and if you like it, that's just peachy.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3367 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have done "Ball thru Hand" at flea markets and the kids up to 10 or 12 years old were fooled for sure. I did a demo and they sold quickly. It is a cool little effect that is quite perplexing.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
[quote]On Jun 4, 2021, Dutchie wrote:
[quote]On Jun 4, 2021, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, Calvin826 wrote:
To say the stamp orientation doesn't matter is B.S., plain and simple. And of course, we have to make it worse by dragging out the old 'real workers wouldn't care', and 'you just need to learn audience management.'

Don't talk about 'craftsmanship of the highest order' when that is clearly not the case. This item is a great idea executed poorly. For the price being charged it should be perfect in every way.



Youíre the a epitome of a sad person who just likes to complain for complainingĎs sake.

Several top creators and pros disagree with you. I rest my case.

But I donít know who you arguing with anymore. No one wants you to buy it. No one even wants to speak to you anymore. Your presence isnít needed.

Bro. Itís not for you. Just donít buy the thing. lol 😂

Or you can continue whining like a baby who needs attention. Whatís your address? Iíll send you a lollipop and a free gift and some free magic.

Other than that. I donít know why you are just being a crybaby. Itís a complete waste of everyoneís time.

Basically all youíre doing is help keeping the topic hot and helping my sales. Keep up the great work.

🙏🙏🙏🙏Thanks Smile

Have a great day

Kranzo

PS. Itís obvious that youíre no longer interested in a constructive conversation. But just a negative outpour of emotion. Iím sorry that youíre so
Sad and hurting. Itís obvious that you are dealing with some sort of inner pain and you are hurting inside. If you ever want to talk Iím here. No judgment. You can email me anytime Nathankranzo@gmail.com

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I have done "Ball thru Hand" at flea markets and the kids up to 10 or 12 years old were fooled for sure. I did a demo and they sold quickly. It is a cool little effect that is quite perplexing.


Iím sure youíll agree itís a great affect. And it also is one of those instances where ďeverything has a time and placeď.

Would I close my theater show with this? No.

But is this a great thing to carry in your pocket... to show someone a ďmoment of strangeĒ ???!???
(to quote a Paul Harris term.)

Absolutely YES!!!

Also....it literally looks like real magic!!!!!

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint

How often you see a solid metal ball bearing get squished into a quarter? Smile
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
156 Posts

Profile of rbromley
After seeing Nathan's responses to people here, I definitely wouldn't purchase from him anyways.

I am sure the effect is fabricated well, too bad a little more obvious detail wasn't put in to it.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Have to agree. Heís clearly upset at the deserved criticism toward the blatant mistake heís made during the planning phase of this very impressive magic prop. I wouldnít order anything from him now, thatís for sure.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
In a perfect world I would prefer the stamp be reversed as it would be in real life. You donít have to be a rocket scientist to grasp the concept of how a positive/negative impression works.

But I purchased this anyway because thatís not a deal breaker for me. Very few will notice, even less will care.
Why? Because this isnít a real thing and itís obvious itís not real. People know it doesnít exist. Youíre not really trying to convince them that youíre actually doing what you claim you are.

When you have a mechanical gaff thatís replicating something that is genuinely supposed to be believed to be real (such as a coin gaff), then that is an entirely different matter.

Does it fool anyone?
I believe it does, but yes, many are more fascinated by having an idea of how it must work while it appears that there is no way that it could possibly do what your brain says it must be doing.
That creates a magical sense of wonderment in a lot of people. But no, itís not the biggest jaw dropping fooler you can possibly do.

I find that people enjoy hearing impossible stories that they know couldnít be true, yet they see it happen before their eyes. Thereís a moment of confusion for them as they see the stamp is apparently one solid piece and this creates tension, which is then relieved by saying something like I can make as many quarters as I like, trouble is the ball bearings cost me 50 cents. You get a chuckle and a smile and give them a pleasurable moment. Itís not supposed to change their lives.

Iíve done the ball thru hand quite a bit. I like Stamp simply because itís a stamp. That seems to make a little more sense than an odd looking ďplungerĒ. There is now a reason for having the stamp, the cylinder, even the ball. None of those things have a reason to exist in ball thru hand other than to facilitate the trick.

But with ball thru hand, it could be that using a duplicate ball takes some of the heat off the plunger and brass cylinder. So perhaps that effect is more fooling. The downside is that passing a ball thru your hand using a strange contraption makes no sense.

So I prefer the premise of Stamp because you can create a better story to go along with it. It almost sounds plausible but at the same time what you are saying is obviously ridiculous. Most people find that an intriguing combination which makes for an enjoyable experience, and providing an enjoyable experience is really all Iím looking to get out of this.

Is that worth $75? Thatís totally subjective. Itís absolutely worth it to me. But I can certainly understand if itís not to you.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
We all knew youíd order it Vman, as you order everything that arrives on the L&G forum, regardless. Smile Smile
But, we love still love you. Smile
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
156 Posts

Profile of rbromley
I believe people will be happy with this and it will last a long time. I just can't get past the stamp personally, not too worried about spectator's noticing. Haha. Is this guy the onoy one selling these? His responses were child-like and not too enticing to purchase from him.

Let us know what you think of the craftsmanship when you receive it videoman. I suspect is works quite smoothly.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, videoman wrote:
In a perfect world I would prefer the stamp be reversed as it would be in real life. You donít have to be a rocket scientist to grasp the concept of how a positive/negative impression works.

But I purchased this anyway because thatís not a deal breaker for me. Very few will notice, even less will care.
Why? Because this isnít a real thing and itís obvious itís not real. People know it doesnít exist. Youíre not really trying to convince them that youíre actually doing what you claim you are.

When you have a mechanical gaff thatís replicating something that is genuinely supposed to be believed to be real (such as a coin gaff), then that is an entirely different matter.

Does it fool anyone?
I believe it does, but yes, many are more fascinated by having an idea of how it must work while it appears that there is no way that it could possibly do what your brain says it must be doing.
That creates a magical sense of wonderment in a lot of people. But no, itís not the biggest jaw dropping fooler you can possibly do.

I find that people enjoy hearing impossible stories that they know couldnít be true, yet they see it happen before their eyes. Thereís a moment of confusion for them as they see the stamp is apparently one solid piece and this creates tension, which is then relieved by saying something like I can make as many quarters as I like, trouble is the ball bearings cost me 50 cents. You get a chuckle and a smile and give them a pleasurable moment. Itís not supposed to change their lives.

Iíve done the ball thru hand quite a bit. I like Stamp simply because itís a stamp. That seems to make a little more sense than an odd looking ďplungerĒ. There is now a reason for having the stamp, the cylinder, even the ball. None of those things have a reason to exist in ball thru hand other than to facilitate the trick.

But with ball thru hand, it could be that using a duplicate ball takes some of the heat off the plunger and brass cylinder. So perhaps that effect is more fooling. The downside is that passing a ball thru your hand using a strange contraption makes no sense.

So I prefer the premise of Stamp because you can create a better story to go along with it. It almost sounds plausible but at the same time what you are saying is obviously ridiculous. Most people find that an intriguing combination which makes for an enjoyable experience, and providing an enjoyable experience is really all Iím looking to get out of this.

Is that worth $75? Thatís totally subjective. Itís absolutely worth it to me. But I can certainly understand if itís not to you.




Thanks for your thoughtful post. It really shows when people are real performers Smile


https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, pegasus wrote:
We all knew youíd order it Vman, as you order everything that arrives on the L&G forum, regardless. Smile Smile
But, we love still love you. Smile


C'mon, now youíre sounding like my wife! 😂
But a big virtual hug back atcha. 😍
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1005 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument.

The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic.

You are a dork, kranzo, and your attitude has alienated several people here, but you obviously don't care.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
This is the ultimate version and the final one. There wonít be another ďversionĒ made

This works beautifully..... And gets great reactions from real people.

Hypothetically speaking.....

Should the creators at The Orange Tree Studios put out another version with one one of these ďhatersĒ personals specs.......

The next day there would still be several of you on here whining just because mommy didnít
hug you enough.

But hey. Welcome to the Cafť ❤️❤️❤️

I literally just wowed a room full of people with this. They all thought it was cool ...and nobody asked to take it home to examine it.

Why? Good presentation and audience management Smile

Supplies are running out!!!!

Get yours now!!!

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, Jack Straw wrote:
Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument.

The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic.

You are a dork, kranzo, and your attitude has alienated several people here, but you obviously don't care.


👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, rowdymagi5 wrote:
I just placed my order. If it locks up tight and the seams are invisible...then it is well worth the price!



Thank you so much for your order! I have been flooded with orders todayÖ Yours went out already and you should get it any minute now Smile
It definitely locks up tight and completely silent Smile
Drop me a note and let me know what you think!

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1234 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Quote:
On Jun 3, 2021, J M Talbot wrote:
I love the look of this (and could care less if the printing image is positive or negative).


How much less could you care?
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
There are few here that are the pot calling the kettle black. To say Nate is responding in a childish way, I think some here should really have a look in the mirror. Nate is spot on when he addressed the negativity. Those who are negative a lot are so usually because of underlying issues and Nate is right when he says that's sad. It is sad and I to feel bad for those few who go through life with the negative in front of the positive. Life's to short and challenging enough, why add gasoline to the fire when it already burns hot enough in the world we live in?

Time for us all to take a deep breath, recalibrate and enjoy the small things in life! As my mom always said to me every morning before I left for school, "Spread love and cheer".


RNK
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Most have mentioned that no one will believe youíve actually pressed a coin out of a ball bearing, UNLESS that coin has a reverse image on it. Imagine that for a handout souvenir?
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2934 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Quote:
On Jun 4, 2021, RNK wrote:
There are few here that are the pot calling the kettle black. To say Nate is responding in a childish way, I think some here should really have a look in the mirror. Nate is spot on when he addressed the negativity. Those who are negative a lot are so usually because of underlying issues and Nate is right when he says that's sad. It is sad and I to feel bad for those few who go through life with the negative in front of the positive. Life's to short and challenging enough, why add gasoline to the fire when it already burns hot enough in the world we live in?

Time for us all to take a deep breath, recalibrate and enjoy the small things in life! As my mom always said to me every morning before I left for school, "Spread love and cheer".


RNK



RNK!!!

You rock!!

Thanks for the Great positivity this morning. We could all use some Smile

https://kranzomagic.myshopify.com/products/pocket-mint

Iíve been getting so many great ideas from people Iím going to start collecting them and posting a few here.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!!
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 5, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Most have mentioned that no one will believe youíve actually pressed a coin out of a ball bearing, UNLESS that coin has a reverse image on it. Imagine that for a handout souvenir?



I understand your point Pegasus. Also most will not believe your actually floating a bottle cap or coin unless you have a string attached to it, most will not believe your thumb detaches and dances across to meet your other thumb unless it's a fake thumb. But we still do these things because it's entertainment. In the end it's just entertainment and how well you as the entertainer present your material.

Your point about the reverse image has been stated many times in this short thread and everyone understands it. So can we maybe just move on from that point because some agree and some don't care about it and will still buy it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ $TAMP by Joe Deng / The Orange Tree Studio (132 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..19~20~21 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.39 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL