The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » How to dry flash cotton? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Black_Razor
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Black_Razor
I am just starting to use flash cotton and was wondering how long it was necessary to dry it.

Are there different methods of drying it other than just letting it sit out? It's fairly humid where I live and leaving it out will take forever..
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
It dries amazingly fast actually. I have a glass jar in my bathroom which is used for holding Q-tips, and this worked perfectly. I think any drinking glass should work just fine, or an old washed out jar for jelly, jam, etc. Look in your fridge, you never know. In terms of other methods, the only way I could think of would be to use heat, which is a BAD idea, because of how easily flash cotton works. (And I'm assuming you do not have access to a de-humidifier).
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
How quickly flash cotton dries out depends on the humidity in your area.

Do NOT, under any circumstances, use a hairdryer or any other heat source to dry it. You can put it into a container with a package of dry silica gel and that may help out. The silica gel should be inside a bag made of something like rice paper.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Bill is correct, do not use any sort of heating method to dry it.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Ok this is getting close to being over the line in terms of safety (read the rules for this section).

Guys, flash cotton, flash string, and flash paper are very unstable and volatile. There is NO hurrying the drying process. If you attempt to use heat to dry the product it may very well combust on you. Leave it out in a container (humidly or not!) and allow the natural drying process to take effect. Don’t rush it!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » How to dry flash cotton? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL