The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New Member - Hi Everyone (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
40 Posts

Profile of Merodach
Hi Everyone,

I have been a reader for years, but now registered an account Smile.
Long story short, I was a performer in my younger years (long time ago in a galaxy far far way), I think it was the 1990s lol. Lost interest in performing and magic for a while, but after finding a box of my old props I was inspired to start practicing again. Hope to contribute to the Magic Café community and make some great friends Smile
NEKKODDD
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
Welcome aboard, lots of good information on this forum!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1217 Posts

Profile of imgic
I've a similar story. Did some magic as a teenager and into college. Then it faded away.

As I rediscovered the craft, I found two things that have really helped me I didn't have when younger. First are the videos. I've always had trouble learning from a book, but with video you can see how it's suppose to look, and rewind to practice. Also, the lectures on video...never went to lectures when younger. But their so helpful.

Second is the Café. Lots of good information here, and great place to bounce ideas and learn from others.

Enjoy
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Merodach
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
40 Posts

Profile of Merodach
Hi Imgic,

Thanks for the welcome and background. Oh my goodness, yes the Internet completely changed the magic world. I did part-time shows as a kid (9-13). I didn't live near any magic stores the closest was 2 hours away. So I visited maybe once a year with my parents. My only resources for learning tricks were the limited book selection at the local library.

I am completely surprised by all the resources and suppliers now online Smile There's so much available. The Café is also amazing! There are so many ameteur and professional magicians on this forum who are open in sharing their craft and are very accessible. I'm also a bit surprised at some of the stores that have disappeared over the past 10 years. There's a lot of dead links on some of the older threads. I guess the margins for B&M stores are slim.

I'm glad to see that a forum like this has not succumbed to other "social media" platforms. My hat is off to the founders, owners, long-standing members, new members and mods of this forum. Keep up the good fight!
RandyF
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of RandyF
Welcome Merodach! And to answer your question, "yes, they do vanish" - LOL
Magic Enthusiast, T-shirt Designer
Magic T-shirts are available at www.vanishingtees.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » New Member - Hi Everyone (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL