The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Portal web app by Joshua Riley and Paul Longhurst (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paullong
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of paullong

PORTAL:

An incredible new way of accessing all your web-based magic apps on your spectator's phone.

A one-stop place to get to Inject, Wikitest, Elips and any web-based magic app without having to remember every code.

All on your spectator's phone, and they'll find nothing wrong.

https://www.portalmagic.app

Portal.
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
703 Posts

Profile of egoli
Anyone signed up for this? Any reviews? Sounds interesting but wanted more info before forking out almost CAN$35

Ed
santlerconjurer
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of santlerconjurer
Anyone using this successfully? If so please indicate via PM or through this thread. Thanks.
Jim Wakelin
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Jim Wakelin
I recently decided to purchase this, and unfortunately I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. I would say for what this is, it is priced reasonably, however I feel there are some major flaws with it's execution. The biggest, at least from my experience running this through Google Chrome, is that the page(s) that this gives you access to are identified as 'fake' and potentially malicious, causing some browsers to display a warning message asking you if you wish to continue. This seems to apply across devices, and while it could theoretically be bypassed (assuming you have access to your spectators device, you could just dismiss the message yourself) it would undoubtedly leave people at least a bit worried if they were to see it.

The other issue I have is that, honestly, the page just doesn't look that convincing. There are many apps out there that re-create pages like this and do so faithfully, so it's a real shame . Don't get me wrong, I think this is a great idea for a web app, and I think with some improvement it could be something every magician wants to use in combination with their other web based applications in the future, but unfortunately to me it feels rather unfinished at the moment, and I feel improvement in at least these areas is required.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Portal web app by Joshua Riley and Paul Longhurst (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL