The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need ideas for Illusionette to change plastic chicken to real one (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
168 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Hey Friends,
So I am planning to start using my pet chicken in the show and have found a plastic roast chicken prop, the plan is to change the roast chicken in to my real chicken. I've thought about mirror boxes, Duck buckets, and some other ideas, and gone thru all my Paul Osborne books and can't get a good solid box to do the change.........any ideas from the Forum....?
Thx
Bruce
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Doves to Rabbit box. Sides fall down and you have the real chicken.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Doves to Rabbit box? I would think that the Roast chicken would have to be made of rubber, and not solid plastic for the change in a Doves to Rabbit box. Good Idea though, if you can get a rubber one.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2776 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Blamo that looks like an oven?
drmolarmagic
View Profile
Regular user
Brooklyn NY
168 Posts

Profile of drmolarmagic
Yes I thought I'd have to end up using a rubber or foam roast chicken prop so it will be able to fit into front chamber
I do think I have plans for a Blamo box I'll look at that, Don't have a doves to rabbit plan but I'll look into it
Any other ideas I'm and I'm listening
Thanks Everyone!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
There is also a old idea of Herman Hansen called the enlarging egg. It is in his book "the Magic Man" that Haines House of Cards published.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Years ago, I remembered seeing a magician on that Bill Bixby Wonderful World of Magic TV series, where he assembled a stuff dog, part by part, placed it in a small box and it turned into a real toy poodle. The construction of the box was quite deceptive because the base would go under and out. The box was also assembled part by part in front of the audience. I wanted to make a similar one but now I can't remember the details.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Need ideas for Illusionette to change plastic chicken to real one (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL