We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matrix Revolution by Mickael Chatelain (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2098 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Just got an email about this. It looks good, but is it better than his previous versions?

https://www.mjmmagic.com/store/matrix-re......580.html

The most incredible map in the world! Even faster, even more possibilities and even more visual!

David Copperfield has his copy and you, do you have yours?

So amazing, so crazy!

Hold a card with your fingertips, card chosen or not...

One hole, two holes, three and even four holes appear on the card.

Move them one by one, take them out, jump them from one place to another, make them appear, make them disappear all without any visible gesture or movement on your part!

After months and months of hard work, we are proud to finally be able to offer stores around the world this EXCEPTIONAL card, this EXCEPTIONAL gimmick!

MATRIX REVOLUTION is without a doubt THE most INCREDIBLE card that exists in the wizarding world! Several hours of work are required to make a single gimmick.

A few centimeters from the eyes of your spectators, you control each movement, each hole obeys your finger and your eye! You really have to see it to believe it because everything is CLEAN, magic pushed to the highest level!

The illusion is AMAZING and your viewers will never forget it!

An exceptional gimmick in its manufacture:

Forget everything you have already seen because MATRIX REVOLUTION will drive you crazy!

A word of advice ... Don't forget your reaction when you discover this incredible effect ... never before seen! Really!

Built to last:

Yes, the card will serve you for a long time, even a very long time!

No flaps, no magnets etc...

The card will withstand intensive professional use.

Do not miss this wonder:

A few months ago, we had only 50 copies... all sold in less than 2 hours!

Today, like many professional magicians, you have the opportunity to acquire your copy, your MATRIX REVOLUTION!
marco1
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of marco1
It does look very sweet!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5020 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Eyecandy, sure. This looks great.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
1907 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
My goodness... how many time did he repeat the same thing in that trailer?! While it does look good, the one thing that every spectator will say is: let me examine that card. That's why Mike Close's pothole trick IMO is still better than this. It also has a great story that makes sense AND you hand out the card immediately. No switches.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:
My goodness... how many time did he repeat the same thing in that trailer?! While it does look good, the one thing that every spectator will say is: let me examine that card. That's why Mike Close's pothole trick IMO is still better than this. It also has a great story that makes sense AND you hand out the card immediately. No switches.

Agree...plus $65.00 for a card gimmick that I'm sure over time will definitely break unless I missed something in the ad description that says it's guaranteed not to break.
LankyHobo
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of LankyHobo
I got Matrix Art from Mickael's stand at Blackpool last year. I'm just wondering if this is exactly the same or a newer version?
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
One improvement I see is the dot movement makes a square instead of the 3 dots on top, one on bottom like the previous ones. Although silly, that was the mail reason I didn't jump on the others.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5591 Posts

Profile of videoman
It always bothers me that both sides of the card are never shown. It would be so natural to turn it around and obviously if you could you would.
I think specs think so too even if it’s an unconscious thing. So it kind of points out that it’s a trick card and I think that takes a lot of the magic away, even if they don’t know exactly why.
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1181 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Maybe the next version you can show the other side, too?
I just got Matrix Art a short time before this was released; although it looks a lot better, I’m going to wait before taking the plunge, just in case there is another version.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9335 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I’ve lost count of how many versions there are now.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4406 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I got dizzy watching the same thing over and over lol
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1907 Posts

Yeah I think many magicians overestimate how interesting this is for laymen. After three times all they think is: "Let me inspect that card now." It only makes sense to repeat if shows smth new, like when it proves the obvious explanation to be wrong. This seems more like self-gratification.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5591 Posts

Profile of videoman
You’d never perform it like he did in the demo. I think that was just for magicians to see how fast and easy it is to do and even with many repeats you still can’t see anything.

Trouble is that it always astounds me how incredible something can look on video and then look like poo in real life. Being in the video biz it surprised me that you don’t even need to use trick photography to basically utilize trick photography (at least in a sense.)

I see these amazing things on Instagram done very close up but IRL the gimmick is 14 cards thick with creases going every which way. But on the video it looks freakin’ perfect.
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2021, videoman wrote:
You’d never perform it like he did in the demo. I think that was just for magicians to see how fast and easy it is to do and even with many repeats you still can’t see anything.

Apart from the third time, where you can clearly see the hole/flap.

He should have quit while he was behind.

The real thing with this is that it is obviously a special card, there's no emotional hook or reason for doing what you're doing (unlike Close's pothole trick) and you're left with a (probably well made) gimmicked card just when they want to look at the card.

Hard pass from me.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
962 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jun 14, 2021, LankyHobo wrote:
I got Matrix Art from Mickael's stand at Blackpool last year.
I'm just wondering if this is exactly the same or a newer version ?

It is an advanced version of Matrix Art with more possibilities as you can see in the video

The trick principle is identical to Matrix Art, but more complex and in my view, more sensitive

I like the optical effects and variations better ⭐ but Matrix Art is more foolproof to handle !
brainman
View Profile
Special user
887 Posts

Profile of brainman
Have both...love both 😇
Northern Andy
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Northern Andy
I have ordered this purely for the purpose of "self gratification". Performing it would definitely need a cheeky switch as handing out the card would be the icing on the cake. As with any gimmick, there is always the trade off of it not being examinable, but some sleight of hand can fix that.

Looks great and more than happy to give it a whirl!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1702 Posts

Profile of Ross W
"It'll never work in the real world" they say.

So what? Lots of us these days do plenty of work that's not in the real world. I for one haven't performed any magic live for months. This could suit an online show very well, or a video promo, or...well, you get the idea. I think it looks great, and I don't think Mickael would be remotely upset if you didn't do every single phase repeatedly!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
1907 Posts

Quote:
On Jun 19, 2021, Northern Andy wrote:
I have ordered this purely for the purpose of "self gratification". Performing it would definitely need a cheeky switch as handing out the card would be the icing on the cake. As with any gimmick, there is always the trade off of it not being examinable, but some sleight of hand can fix that.

Looks great and more than happy to give it a whirl!

Self gratification can be great fun! Please don’t misunderstand my earlier post. If you enjoy this... go for it! I can easily see that this can be great fun to play around with.
Dutchie
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dutchie
Quote:
On Jun 19, 2021, The Unmasked Magician wrote:

Self gratification can be great fun!

Too much and you'll go blind!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matrix Revolution by Mickael Chatelain (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL