The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Mr. Jennings Takes It Easy---Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TeddyBoy
View Profile
Elite user
New York, NY
479 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
I was wondering if anyone who has read this book can answer a question. Does the information/teaching in this book add anything not covered or provided in the Card College series? From what I have read, the new Jennings book provides additional techniques that enhance well-known "easy" sleights; e.g., double undercut, double turnover, and the like. No palms or passes. I know we can always improve our basic card handling, but is this book worth not only the $100, but the time invested in studying it?

Your thoughts are appreciated.
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
876 Posts

Profile of andykean
In my view it's an amazing resource.
I have the card college series and this book is definitely a worthwhile addition.
I think it's Richard Kaufman's best work ever.
I hope that helps
Cheers
Andy
TeddyBoy
View Profile
Elite user
New York, NY
479 Posts

Profile of TeddyBoy
It does help, thanks. I'm currently waiting for it but I was concerned that studying Mr. Jennings would be like going in reverse. I would not want to invest time if it were simply repetitive of Card College.
So many sleights...so little time.
"Slow...deliberate...natural." Bill Tarr

Cheers,
Teddy
andykean
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of andykean
Thanks Teddy let me know your thoughts when it arrives
copperct
View Profile
New user
Cincinnati, Ohio
67 Posts

Profile of copperct
I also am interested to hear everyone's thoughts about this book. The ad copy makes it sound like a nice mix, but I am interested to hear whether people find tremendous value out of it or if it would complement/compete with past Jennings publications.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of andykean
I would say it complements the classic magic of Larry Jennings , which I also have.
However if you want a detailed review ?
Micheal Close does an in-depth review in one his month newsletters, which are available for free on his site.
Best wishes
Andy
Russ182
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Russ182
If Mr Kauffman is on here , can he let us know when it will arrive in the UK , I have pre ordered it but have no revised date for delivery Russ
PS I have preordered it through PropDog
Russ182
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Russ182
Just got this reply from him re shipping , they are held at LA Port awaiting shipment to Murphys
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Mr. Jennings Takes It Easy---Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL