We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cody Fisher’s Her Card His Card (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1638 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Remember when stuff like this used to get published for free in The Linking Ring? Or put on a DVD with ten other tricks? It’s not good enough to be a standalone trick. Entire magic industry is just about money now. Release as much product as possible to the hobbiest guys to play around with for a few days before they buy the next thing.
danHumphrey
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of danHumphrey
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2021, Futureal wrote:
Remember when stuff like this used to get published for free in The Linking Ring? Or put on a DVD with ten other tricks? It’s not good enough to be a standalone trick. Entire magic industry is just about money now. Release as much product as possible to the hobbiest guys to play around with for a few days before they buy the next thing.

I have no shame in admitting to be a hobbiest - I have a day job - and I'm potentially funding tricks and an industry you dislike, but that doesn't stop me from being passionate about magic.....

Having only watched the video and not received the gimmick, I have no idea yet how good it is and whether I could make it - sure, I could make a version, but expect that it would be pretty visible to a spectator - this looked better than that to me, although, time will tell.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I also remember days when my Dad pulled away from a gasoline station saying there is no way he's going to pay $0.17 a gallon. That being said it has always been up to the individual 2 open his or her wallet and spend his or her hard-earned money on what they feel is a valued item. When we purchased magic whether we are hobbyists or professional magicians or stuck somewhere in between we realize we are not only paying for the product but the ideas that went behind it. We also realize we are helping the creators of the magic effect 2 Go On and be able to create other magic effects. And to this day I would much rather overpay for a magic effect then I would for a gallon of gas. And with this particular effect I do not mind paying the asking price I really enjoyed the tutorial and I'm looking forward to receiving the gimmick.

Good magic to all,

Eric
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4180 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Very well said. Show business is two words. Without the business, there ain’t no show. (I forget who that quote is from but it’s one of my favorites)
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

And a" very well said" back to you my friend. I have not heard that expression for over 30 years now! That being said it will probably bug me all day until I find out who originally said It. 😂.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Brookie2644
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Brookie2644
Quote:
On Jun 18, 2021, Futureal wrote:

A few years back I was one of those hobbyist guys doing just what you claim. Got a box full of stuff that held my interest for about a week and then I went looking for something new. Finally the fever broke and I got much more selective about who got my money!
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
154 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
This looks pretty good
Mike the Magician
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Surely this is just like the original Chicago opener but you dump a card that’s stuck together in your top pocket or slide it offf and palm it away? Gaz 😊
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Gaz, yes the original was exactly that but this gimmick is a bit different.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1253 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
I like a lot of Cody Fishers materials - and this is a fresh touch on the Chicago Opener - doesn't necessarily see any need for a gimmick performing this version. However, maybe for some the new gimmicks makes it easier or more convincing?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

This is the only version I am familiar with somehow or another all the older versions went under my radar. I'm enjoying this very much but you do have to be a little careful when you put the gimmick into your pocket that you wear a loose enough fitting shirt so as not to dislodge the gimmick and offset it. But that is what practice is all about.

Good magic to all,

Eric
John McLaughlin
View Profile
Veteran user
Gloucester, Massachusetts
390 Posts

Profile of John McLaughlin
Anyone have a funny one liner for when we inevitably will get someone that doesn’t identify with the her or his pronoun?
...NSA John McLaughlin, not CIA John McLaughlin
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Loyal user
252 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
The gimmick is a bit bulkier than I would like, making the double lift a bit more awkward than usual. It could also easily be spotted by an eagle eyed spectator if not enough care is taken to keep attention off the back of the card.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Maybe a thick card below the gimmick, that always makes a double lift super clean and easy Gaz 😊
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Also a short card placed on top and controlled and kept on the top would make the double lift very easy as well in fact I may just be using that right now I'm just getting my double lift ready while showing and talking about her card.

Good magic to all,

Eric
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2021, John McLaughlin wrote:
Anyone have a funny one liner for when we inevitably will get someone that doesn’t identify with the her or his pronoun?

Lol!!
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1187 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey guys,

Thanks for the interest in this. I had completely forgotten about this as it was filmed when I was at Penguin for my LIVE act thing a few years ago. Anyway, this was one of the things they saw me do when I was just messing around...wasn't a part of the act I filmed that day...just something that I do in other stand up shows. Anyway, they wanted to "produce" this as most of us are not good at arts and crafts projects. Normally I agree with one trick download philosophy...or the shouldn't this have been on a DVD point of view...BUT for a gimmick like this I think most would gladly pay the $24 for someone else to make it. Anyway, for those that have ordered this I think the real value is the stand up handling with the alternate presentation and the "Eye Pad" wallet routine. That is how I perform the trick in my stand up show right now...You get a Red Hot Momma effect where the front AND back change and a comical and very magical card to wallet all in one trick.

Stay safe everyone!

Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Although I have not had the opportunity to perform this a lot I can say with absolute certainty the times I did perform it got great reactions especially when I hand out the card at the end this is well worth the money.

Good magic to all,

Eric
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:

“Get a life you attention seeking tw@@“ normally does the trick. (No pun intended)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cody Fisher’s Her Card His Card (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL