The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Whats the name of this trick (One handed Card to pocket through a peek card) (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rishabhmisc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rishabhmisc
So basically the below video should summarize what I want to convey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVi01-CNo-Q

Looking for know books or tricks which could help me do that, or even better if you could name the exact effect done.

I am not looking for speculation as to how this trick was done because I don't want anyone to give away how this trick is done.
I am looking for proper sources so that I can buy and learn this by myself.

Thanks
Basil
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
129 Posts

Profile of Basil
This looks like “Pocket Nightmare” by Max Maven. It’s a marketed item that’s available from various magic dealers.
rishabhmisc
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of rishabhmisc
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2021, Basil wrote:
This looks like “Pocket Nightmare” by Max Maven. It’s a marketed item that’s available from various magic dealers.

This seems like the one. Thanks a lot.
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2021, Basil wrote:

It also looks like Get Sharky, by Christoph Borer, which I purchased recently.

Many have said that Get Sharky "draws heavily" on Maven's methods and presentation for Pocket Nightmare.

IMO, whilst they are remarkably similar, they are both are excellent effects.
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
Basil
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
129 Posts

Profile of Basil
I had previously heard of “Get Sharky”, but had not seen the trailer until you mentioned it. You’re right, they are the same effect. I have neither, so I can’t speak to how close they are in method.
JuanPoop
View Profile
Loyal user
Luckily for you, I only have
216 Posts

Profile of JuanPoop
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2021, Basil wrote:
I had previously heard of “Get Sharky”, but had not seen the trailer until you mentioned it. You’re right, they are the same effect. I have neither, so I can’t speak to how close they are in method.

Hi Basil, they are VERY close. So close that it’s almost impossible to tell the difference.

Max has a very unique yet readily recognisable approach, so if there are any differences to point out, they would be around Max brining his inimitable style to the effect.

I am not a magic historian, but it seems almost certain that Pocket Nightmare would have pre-dated Get Sharky, but don’t quote me.

Nonetheless, I love my Get Sharky deck and have a lot of fun with it. It leaves people shaking their heads.
aka Lucky John
Sydney, Australia
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Max is a true genius.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
See also ONE HAND & ONE CARD by John Carey, now a free download at Big Blind Media.
dkelten
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of dkelten
Unrelated but I love watching Ondrej perform, he has this giddy energy and it is infectious to watch.
salmononius2
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of salmononius2
Joshua Jay had a download years back that had a similar plot, Thumbs truck:

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/1830

Obviously the revelation is different there, but the concept of doing the trick with one hand and the revelation with the other is the same (and frankly, the revelation could be anywhere).
lwarren
View Profile
New user
Overland Park, KS
10 Posts

Profile of lwarren
The trick performed above appears to be Get Sharky by Christopher Borer. He is using a deck with Phoenix backs which I believe is the only back style the trick was realeased in. Card-shark appears to have the deck still in stock.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2021, lwarren wrote:
The trick performed above appears to be Get Sharky by Christopher Borer. He is using a deck with Phoenix backs which I believe is the only back style the trick was realeased in. Card-shark appears to have the deck still in stock.

The original Get Sharky version (the first version) did not come with the Phoenix backs.
steadyeddy2000
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of steadyeddy2000
Max Maven - Pocket Nightmare
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Get sharky is more than inspired by Maven’s effect and I believe it was released without Max authorization….
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3094 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Just another effect with a double whammy with card in pocket at the beginning. No special deck.
It's on James Brown's Professional Opportunist Volume 1 DVD called Reverse Engeneering.
Not the same but close and has a huge impact on the spectator.
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Whats the name of this trick (One handed Card to pocket through a peek card) (8 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL