We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SUDOKU 2.0 BY MYLES THORNTON (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, NeilS wrote:
From what I have seen I like the design of the cards but I have two concerns.

If this is based on sudoku which uses the numbers 1 to 9, if higher numbers are shown, how is this addressed?

Secondly, if you give the card to the spectator to keep, is the card a legitimate sudoku? A magic Square yes, but it is meant to be a sudoku.

I am certainly interested in this but feel spectators who are likely to know the sudoku puzzle could 'smell a rat.' Hopefully my concerns can be allayed.

Neil

I understand your concerns, however, this is Suduko 2.0, and just happens to be a throwaway ticket found in a legitimate Suduko magazine for those who find the standard version too easy. Cleverly disguised imo
westo
View Profile
Special user
Portugal
531 Posts

Profile of westo
Hi Neil...I'm thinking of more a fleeting mention of sudoko at the start of it...
Then getting more into just receiving random numbers for no reason here and there...and then wondering like...whats happened here??
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
Myles Thornton
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Myles Thornton
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2021, NeilS wrote:
From what I have seen I like the design of the cards but I have two concerns.

If this is based on sudoku which uses the numbers 1 to 9, if higher numbers are shown, how is this addressed?

Secondly, if you give the card to the spectator to keep, is the card a legitimate sudoku? A magic Square yes, but it is meant to be a sudoku.

I am certainly interested in this but feel spectators who are likely to know the sudoku puzzle could 'smell a rat.' Hopefully my concerns can be allayed.

Neil

Hello Neil,

Thanks for bringing up your concerns. Both your concerns are addressed by the fact that the card has the title Sudoku 2.0 on it. This allows you to explain that it is a newer harder version of Sudoku therefore this covers numbers higher than 9 are used and that the card doesn't match a normal Sudoku. I have never had anyone question it myself nor have I heard of any other performers getting similar questions. The main question I get asked is "Can I keep it?" which of course they can, there is nothing to find and the more they look at the card the more authentic it becomes once they discover the real puzzle website on the front and back.

I hope that helps answer your questions.

On a side note Craig Petty and Ryland have just reviewed Sudoku 2.0 and it may help make you make your mind up about purchasing, here is the link to the review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioDbFnIIM6Y

All the best,

Myles
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2615 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Thanks Myles for your very helpful response. Really appreciated it as well as recent responses to my concerns. Thanks guys.

Neil
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I admit I have only briefly glossed over this one as my maths is a strong point so not keen on forcing the number.
However if you are forcing the same number you surely won’t need a crib as you must fill in the exact same missing numbers all the time?
I am obviously missing something here like perhaps all the cards are different yet equal the same magic sum overall?
Thanks for any info Gaz 😊
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The out-to-lunch effect, for example, would require a force as obviously the card has already been filled out. I personally prefer using it as a maths genius whereby the chosen number is random and the crib maybe required.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1253 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Yes, thanks for the info Pegasus - solves some of my questions.

Still an uncut performance would be nice - can’t see why not. If people likes the effect then they’ll have to buy it anyway to get the cards.

No harm in explaining the method in a Luke Dancy interview either, because the cards are needed for the effect anyway. I actually think it would boost the sales.

Just my opinion

Jan
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
While really simple and convenient for the public ... a creator just isn't going to provide the secrets to their newly released creation for free.

Hypothetically I can use a few minutes on a cheap graphics package to knock off the cards and get printed for less than the cost of the trick .... AND sell the pirated version that is certainly "close enough" for great performance. (I don't do that ... not going to sell someone else's property).
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jul 11, 2021, Vraagaard wrote:
Yes, thanks for the info Pegasus - solves some of my questions.

Still an uncut performance would be nice - can’t see why not. If people likes the effect then they’ll have to buy it anyway to get the cards.

No harm in explaining the method in a Luke Dancy interview either, because the cards are needed for the effect anyway. I actually think it would boost the sales.

Just my opinion

Jan

Not quite right as cards are going to be available as a replacement set. We all know what is going on so can’t really see why you need an uncut performance on this one
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Pegasus for clearing that up makes sense and sounds great Gaz 😊
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
1611 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey guys. I love this.

If it helps myself and Ryland reviewed it and Ryland takes the basic method and performs it in full with no cuts. There are other ways to perform it as well but this is the basic method with no force.

Here’s the link. Hope this helps.

https://youtu.be/ioDbFnIIM6Y
[url= http://youtube.com/c/slightlyunusualmagic
'Magic TV YouTube Channel ' by Craig Petty[/url]
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Does anybody know how much the refill packs are and if they are available yet? Best wishes Gaz 😊
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
I contacted Alakazam about will to read refills years ago as I put mine through the wash and didn’t want to pay full whack just for a small printed piece of paper. They told me refills were going to be available but it never happened so I’ve just sacked it off. Not really relevant to this of course but it’s just put me right off refills in general. Offering the artwork to purchasers would be my preferred choice (would even pay a little more) but understand that it cuts profit for the seller.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2615 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2021, TheGingerWizard wrote:
I contacted Alakazam about will to read refills years ago as I put mine through the wash and didn’t want to pay full whack just for a small printed piece of paper. They told me refills were going to be available but it never happened so I’ve just sacked it off. Not really relevant to this of course but it’s just put me right off refills in general.

I have also noticed this - refills are offered at time of release but nothing materialises.
TheGingerWizard
View Profile
Special user
696 Posts

Profile of TheGingerWizard
With the surge of print on demand options, providing the artwork is the way to go for me. Gossip was released with the artwork so fair play to Craig Petty for that. But all comes down to business at the end of the day, if there are fairly priced refills readily available then that is fine, but if they are not a big seller they get neglected and the people who do use the effect suffer. Professionally speaking I have nothing in my act that I can’t make up myself.

A lot is made of ‘buying the secret’ so the thing that annoyed me about will to read is the fact I bought it once and due to a bit of a slip up on my part I’d have to spend full price just for a small piece of paper? Which obviously would have worn out eventually anyway. Doesn’t seem fair. If there was no intention of offering refills why not support the purchaser and offer the artwork?
Myles Thornton
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Hello Everyone!

Just got back from a nice weekend away so sorry for the late reply on your questions!

The performance in the trailer is just one of the routines taught, the basic routine is the classic magic square just disguised as a Sudoku 2.0 puzzle card that you would find in a magazine, puzzle book or newspaper. The design allows the crib to be camouflaged, you are literally staring straight at the crib whilst you are performing the effect. The crib is then destroyed in the process of performing so there is nothing to find when the spectator keeps the card as a souvenir.

As far as I am aware there will be refills available provided by Alakazam. The reason why we haven't released the artwork is because it took a long time to find the correct stock for the card to: to look as good as possible (bright and vibrant), look authentic and be used as a billet ( folding and tearing). However, I will keep in mind the idea of releasing the design itself for future projects.

Finally, here are some full uncut performance. They are outdoor performances so apologies for the noise of the birds etc. https://youtu.be/Q7sAU1F7l_w

Those who have purchased Sudoku 2.0 you should join the Facebook group as loads of great performance ideas, giveaways and discussion is happening on there, you just need the Sudoku 2.0 password included to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/539054033964706

Thanks for everyones feedback and I'm glad those that have purchased Sudoku 2.0 have enjoyed it so far! Everyone who purchased it gets a free gift from me, simply send me an email at info@mylesthornton.com with the password that you receive with Sudoku 2.0 and ill send you your free gift as a thank you for your support.

Ill continue to keep an eye on this thread,

All the best,

Myles
Myles Thornton
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Hello Folks!

Good news, for those who have asked, refills are now available!

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/sudoku-20-ref......v1Fq4Wwk

Thanks again for all the support.

Myles
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2615 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2021, Myles Thornton wrote:
Hello Folks!

Good news, for those who have asked, refills are now available!

https://www.alakazam.co.uk/sudoku-20-ref......v1Fq4Wwk

Thanks again for all the support.

Myles

Well done. I eat the comment I made earlier about refills not always becoming available. This is a refreshing change.
Eitay
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of Eitay
Hi all,

I just got mine a few days ago.
Great product, I already ordered the refill pack for it.
The cards are looking great and good quality.
The trick is very clever and without giving the secret I can say that you have all you need In front of your eyes while doing the trick so you don't have to remember anything.
You can preform it in several ways, some requiring some preparations in advance and some are straight forward our of the wallet with no preparation at all.
Myles also gave us on the Facebook group a gift of graphic's that you can print on your own of another design of the card, completely different from the original.
This is a great product that I am sure that everyone that own it will enjoy it.

Thank Myles!
Marc Edgar
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
I absolutely love this product. My go-to magic square is Matt Johnson's In Plain Sight. But Sudoku 2.0 is a solid alternative. I'll be performing this a lot.

Refills of the Lucky Card version are now available as well: https://www.alakazam.co.uk/refills-for-sudoku-lucky-card-version.html. I'll certainly be picking these up. I plan to combine the Lucky Card version of Sudoku 2.0 with Steve Dela's wonderful "Chinese Fortune" routine, which is included in the D Minus 5 PDF.

Thank you for this great effect, Myles!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » SUDOKU 2.0 BY MYLES THORNTON (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL