We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Mental Die by Magic Wagon (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1180 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Jitterbug,

I just click on the Order Now button, and then on the next screen change the number in "Quantity" to something that is definitely over how many will be produced, like 100, click Recalculate, and the website will say "Only xx number remain in stock". Just don't click Checkout at that point!
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2440 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
Ultimate Mental Die by Magic Wagon is available here: http://www.magic-wagon.com/ProductDetail.asp?id=208

Simon
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
🎲 Sold out on Magic Wagon website 🎲
Jitterbug
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
124 Posts

Profile of Jitterbug
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, bekralik wrote:
Just don't click Checkout at that point!

haha, thx; Cannot test it because it seems to be out of stock already. sounds quick, no?
socalguy
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
49 Posts

Profile of socalguy
That seemed like an extraordinary quick sell out of Ultimate Mental Die!
You almost have to press the buy button on first glance, and think about it later.
I did pull the trigger in time, so happy about that. It looks absolutely gorgeous!
Doric
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Profile of Doric
Congrats to those who bought one.

I gave this one a miss, not because it's bad, but because there were a few things which concerned me.

1. The spectator handles the prop. If clumsy they will dent the wood.
2. The screws in the die just look odd to me.
3. I have no doubt the method will be ingenious but electronic transmission is superior imho (apart from if it fails, lol)
bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1180 Posts

Profile of bekralik
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, Jitterbug wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, bekralik wrote:
Just don't click Checkout at that point!

haha, thx; Cannot test it because it seems to be out of stock already. sounds quick, no?

It does sound quick - let me check my credit card statement to make sure I didn't accidentally do what I advised everyone else not to do!
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, Doric wrote:
I have no doubt the method will be ingenious but electronic transmission is superior imho
(apart from if it fails, lol)

And it is questionable how long batteries will last and whether in 10 years someone can do maintenance and spare parts available
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I have the electronic one by Tim Weisman and it has been a good faithful piece of magic for many years now. Otherwise I think I may have jumped on this one. Congratulations to those who bought it. And most of all enjoy. With the price of wood going up so much I'm surprised this was under $10,000!😊🎉

Good magic to all,

Eric
KungFuMagic
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of KungFuMagic
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, Jitterbug wrote:
Question: how can you know how many items Magic Wagon still has left in stock after launching a new release?

Usually, by looking at your watch ... 5 hours may be the usual sell-out time. 😯
Nick Sasso
part-time Samurai conjurer
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1588 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Video review is here!

Madison
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2266 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I got this today...it's really nice! There is just one thing I don't like much about the method, and with a bit of thought I think the method could have been designed in a slightly different way, but other than that, it really is one of MW's nicest teak pieces.
socalguy
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
49 Posts

Profile of socalguy
Thanks Madison! Excellent review of Ultimate Mental Die! Very thorough, and you succeeded in showcasing the exquisite craftsmanship of the teak wood construction of the die and the box. Love that this is hands off during performance, and that the pieces can withstand a bit of spectator inspection. It looks absolutely beautiful! I like the performance idea from Wizard of Oz that he posted earlier of three phases of the divination, culminating in the reveal of top and bottom number. Also like having a spectator select one of six objects and using the top number of the die to record his selection.That might take the heat off of the die during performance. Happy with my lightning quick decision on the MW buy button! They give you NO time to ponder!
tynods
View Profile
New user
France
12 Posts

Profile of tynods
Just got my copy right now... But no instructions included. Playing with it gives me some clues but I preferwait for Magic Wagon to send me the instructions before testing it for real.
For now, the method seems to be quite new to me though...
Doric
View Profile
Special user
655 Posts

Profile of Doric
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, dooblehorn wrote:
I got this today...it's really nice! There is just one thing I don't like much about the method, and with a bit of thought I think the method could have been designed in a slightly different way, but other than that, it really is one of MW's nicest teak pieces.

Thanks for your honesty. I decided not to press the trigger on this one and based on the evidence so far I'm not regretting that decision.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
951 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Mental Die Divination ⭐️ My first video with voice recording

Brookie2644
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Brookie2644
The black trim between the legs shouts gimmick-ed!
Utopia
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Utopia
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2021, Brookie2644 wrote:
The black trim between the legs shouts gimmick-ed!

And yet, the spectator can examine it all around to his heart content but won't find anything!

Among my best Magic Wagon purchase so far! Very clever!
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
191 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
I too am concerned about the black trim on the bottom. I am considering purchasing from Tony Curtis but this one thing is making me hesitate. The reviewer will not show the bottom of box.
I don't understand all I know about this
simcoscor
View Profile
Inner circle
montreal
2440 Posts

Profile of simcoscor
The bottom of the box can be freely shown, both from the inside and the outside.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ultimate Mental Die by Magic Wagon (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL