The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Acaan by Christian Grace (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
copperct
View Profile
New user
Cincinnati, Ohio
93 Posts

Profile of copperct
I LOVE that a trick like this can come out and many people's immediate reaction is that there must be a stooge or something "outside of the rules." While often this may be the case, it just goes to show that when presented with a "new" method or concept, we all revert back to when we first saw the tricks that hooked us: "WHAT DID I JUST WITNESS?"

May be we've all had our hearts broken too many times by gimmicky solutions to give in, but if this is indeed what disgruntledpuffin and vinsmagic have been talking about, we've all gotten the treat of truly being astonished with this trick.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jun 28, 2021, Daren wrote:
Absolutely phenomenal piece of artistic beauty! This is outstanding!!!

https://youtu.be/cpKCn7838OM

Agreed. Very nicely done.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
522 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2021, copperct wrote:
I LOVE that a trick like this can come out and many people's immediate reaction is that there must be a stooge or something "outside of the rules." While often this may be the case, it just goes to show that when presented with a "new" method or concept, we all revert back to when we first saw the tricks that hooked us: "WHAT DID I JUST WITNESS?"

May be we've all had our hearts broken too many times by gimmicky solutions to give in, but if this is indeed what disgruntledpuffin and vinsmagic have been talking about, we've all gotten the treat of truly being astonished with this trick.

I agree with this 100%.

I will say though, that this isn't a "new" method. It's existing methods applied and combined in a way that is just heartbreakingly smart. I wish I thought stuff through on the level he does.

Jack
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
If the hands-off effect is always as shown on the video, Christian could market his effect as I'm sure it would sell very well and would make wonder for his name recognition. He’ll have no problem increasing his paying membership. I don't know Christian, but he comes across as a very nice chap, so I genuinely wish him well.

On the other hand, one may find faults with the method: Ollie shuffled the deck rather clumsily (1.14) and it's not impossible for Christian to have known the top card. Secondly, why use a 2nd deck and why deal the red cards face down? The underspread cull at the end sticks like a sore thumb.

If you want the perfect method, why not try to get this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEYZh20ZFxw ? It is the perfect method, isn't it?

I'm not saying the last method is anymore real, but if one is after pipe dreams, why not make them big?

Here's the blurb under the video:

Rebecca performs an impossible ACAAN that can be performed live, under the strictest of ACAAN conditions. The cards used are standard 'Bicycle' blue-backs, and ANY deck can be used. The spectators are real. their choices are real.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
A few things:

Quote:
On Jul 13, 2021, Francois Lagrange wrote:
Secondly, why use a 2nd deck and why deal the red cards face down?

Why not?

Quote:
The underspread cull at the end sticks like a sore thumb.

That's a fault of the performance, not the method. But even if someone were to spot it, how would that explain anything following it?

Quote:
If you want the perfect method, why not try to get this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEYZh20ZFxw ? It is the perfect method, isn't it?

What's your point? That variations exist?

Quote:
I'm not saying the last method is anymore real, but if one is after pipe dreams, why not make them big?

Rebecca performs an impossible ACAAN that can be performed live, under the strictest of ACAAN conditions. The cards used are standard 'Bicycle' blue-backs, and ANY deck can be used. The spectators are real. their choices are real.

Performing a trick twice doesn't "make it big."
Francois Lagrange
View Profile
Veteran user
Paris, France
383 Posts

Profile of Francois Lagrange
You missed the facetious nature of my post, but try to answer your own questions and you will see the light.
Protect me from my friends, I'll deal with my enemies.
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Ok.
Schlawiner
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Schlawiner
I think at this point I want to apologize and change my mind: This trick is maybe really possible as shown. After thinking about the trick for some days I found a possible method to do it. In my oppinion it has 2 phases and I'm pretty sure I know how he did phase 1, however, I would know a way for phase 2, but in the video you can see that he is not doing this but something else instead (which I don't know yet).

If this trick is really not a fake, then this trick is really really smart (also the wording Smile )
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2021, Francois Lagrange wrote:

.. If you want the perfect method, why not try to get this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEYZh20ZFxw ? It is the perfect method, isn't it?

WOW! That is about as close to Berglas as I have seen. And not for nothing, but her doing it twice makes it even stronger IMHO, as it made it even clearer to me that it completely fooled me the first time, and I remain completely amazed. 😁 Now, I like Christian’s effect here as well, but this version is even more exceptionally well done. I would dare to say that that was just about the cleanest version I’ve ever seen.

Girls ROCK! 😁👍🏽
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Marion that accan is stooged I've seen this before
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Well, I took it for what it was, what it seemed to be and it looked darn good. And I wouldn't have thought anything like that as this young woman actually fooled Penn & Teller. It's a great prize to win and shows magicians that are mostly on the up & up that I have seen. But if this is fake, than that's what it is and as such proves nothing. But if this is not, then I think we are witnessing the same sorta wonder that Berglas presented long ago and has had magicians falling over one another like the California gold rush to figure out and replicate. Perhaps that was a fake too, and everyone has been so fooled. Smile

Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1503 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Mb217 said...

"Perhaps that was a fake too, and everyone has been so fooled."

Probably. Overstated, misremembered, multiple methods and more add up to legend. I wonder how many, upon reading Bergland's method(s) felt a sting of disappointment?
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Marion the difference between Christians accan and this one , Christians has a method that is very unique this one is stooged. ,
However both performances are excellent.......
vinny
ps but the godfather has been wrong before lol
Come check out my magic.

dscanning
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of dscanning
This ACAAN…as shown, cannot be done without a stooge or incredible luck. He never touches the red deck until AFTER the card at the number is shown. There is no switch, and no displacement. I know there are many card guys out there who want this to be real. But it is simply impossible, as shown.
Schlawiner
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Schlawiner
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2021, dscanning wrote:
This ACAAN…as shown, cannot be done without a stooge or incredible luck. He never touches the red deck until AFTER the card at the number is shown. There is no switch, and no displacement. I know there are many card guys out there who want this to be real. But it is simply impossible, as shown.

You can send me a PN and I can tell you a method how this can be done without a stooge or luck.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2021, dscanning wrote:

So, this one is impossible as well?

Man, it's really something when you come across stuff that even magic can't make happen, or something like that.

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10959 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
All I can say guys, that knowing Ollie and Christian's work, it it is hard for me to believe that their accan is stooged
or gimmicked, Then again magicians have been known to lie...
vinny
Come check out my magic.

JerryMN
View Profile
New user
UK
57 Posts

Profile of JerryMN
I have 2 methods which could achieve this exact effect so I don't buy into the 'stooge' theory, that said, I think Ollie probably has to play along a bit, I don't believe he is truly fooled at the end. It's a great UCAAN tho, but not an ACAAN, I don't think it could have been worked with a named card. Still an excellent piece!
lynnef
View Profile
Inner circle
1407 Posts

Profile of lynnef
I do think it's funny that the word "stooge" sometimes appears when magicians cannot explain an effect. If there was no stooging involved, this truly is a "magician fooler"...and very well presented. I loved watching it. Lynn
disgruntledpuffin
View Profile
Special user
i have nothing to say about my
522 Posts

Profile of disgruntledpuffin
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2021, lynnef wrote:
I do think it's funny that the word "stooge" sometimes appears when magicians cannot explain an effect. If there was no stooging involved, this truly is a "magician fooler"...and very well presented. I loved watching it. Lynn

No stooging in this.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Acaan by Christian Grace (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL