We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for a vintage-looking fortune teller book (test) (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Figured this would be a good place to ask. I'm looking for a vintage-looking book that revolves around fortune-telling. If there was one that is gimmicked for a book test or something creepy that would be great. Any suggestions?
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2048 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Thomas Henry created one a couple years back that is made to look like one of those impulse-purchase booklets you find at supermarket checkouts.

There’s this: https://themagicwarehouse.com/cgi-bin/fi......d=FOURTH
Which is based around love spells.

There are plenty of methods for regular books out there, so you might hit up a witchy shop and use any of those methods.

Or you might create one of your own. A few folks would likely enjoy a slightly darker book test.

Patrick
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Witch's Almanac sounds like it meets your criteria
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2855 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
And Joshua Quinn's Ascension uses classic grocery store zodiac booklets, which, while not creepy, hits your other notes.
Winks
View Profile
Special user
Arizona
725 Posts

Profile of Winks
Definitely Witches Almanac. I have the version called The Dekranom and was going to list that for sale. If you are interested PM me.
Damian1031
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Damian1031
Go find Bobby Hasbuns Oraculum - maybe reach out to him directly and see if he has any available - It fits what you are looking for
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Most Half-price Books stores have a "antique"/"vintage" section with all the old-looking books. Buy one that doesn't have any cover/spine text & is roughly the same size as the fortune book.

Cut out all the pages along the edges of the spine.

With the fortune book, peel the "pages that connect the book to the cover" off of the insides of the front & back covers.

Glue those "Pages" into the vintage book's covers.

Now you've got an old, worn, antique-looking book, with the content you want. No one needs to know that it was originally 2 books.

Tom
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Thank you for all the suggestions. I found an Oraculum. If it is as good as his other releases I'll be very happy!
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3505 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, TheSecretFire wrote:
Most Half-price Books stores have a "antique"/"vintage" section with all the old-looking books. Buy one that doesn't have any cover/spine text & is roughly the same size as the fortune book.

With the fortune book, peel the "pages that connect the book to the cover" off of the insides of the front & back covers.

Now you've got an old, worn, antique-looking book, with the content you want. No one needs to know that it was originally 2 books.

Tom

I like this idea.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, weepinwil wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2021, TheSecretFire wrote:

Tom

I like this idea.

me too. Smile
TheSecretFire
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of TheSecretFire
Btw, don't mistake "old/antique" with "expensive"... I got a Louis L'amour, leather-bound, compilation book for $7.00. And an illustrated bible for $5.00. Just cause it's in a special section doesn't mean it's expensive.

Tom
weepinwil
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
3505 Posts

Profile of weepinwil
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, TheSecretFire wrote:
Btw, don't mistake "old/antique" with "expensive"... I got a Louis L'amour, leather-bound, compilation book for $7.00. And an illustrated bible for $5.00. Just cause it's in a special section doesn't mean it's expensive.

Tom

Even better.
"Til Death us do part!" - Weepin Willie
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1946 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
In addition to turn of the century fortune telling books, I had my Fortune Teller Book of Days aged by a professional craftsman.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Looking for a vintage-looking fortune teller book (test) (9 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL