The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » 4-6 Person Stage SPELL WORD effected needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
You ever see a commercial stage effect a few years ago and now you look all over and cant find it? I got a 6 city rode tour coming up and I am looking for a stage effect I have seen before for speaking gigs. 4-6 spectators on stage holding large letter cards. Letters are facing the spectator and blank side is facing the audience. After some by play, the cards are turned around and spell a motivational etc word. Anything along those lines where specators are lined up and holding written words etc that can apply as a message or company logo. Any help much appreciated!

Decomposing Mind
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Bruce Bernstein "Eat at Joes" in the book Unreal.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Pit. Out of stock. Smile
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
Doug Dyment has a nice take on Bruce's Eat at Joes, I believe it's called The Real Thing in his book Stimulacra and in Calculated Thoughts.

Robert
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2501 Posts

Profile of ddyment
My own "The Real Thing" in Calculated Thoughts:

... offers a new and much more deceptive approach to a wonderfully corporate-friendly plot first proposed by Bruce Bernstein. A number of participants are invited on stage, and handed an equal number of document-sized envelopes. They then clearly, thoroughly, and openly mix the envelopes, and distribute them among themselves as they stand lined up on stage. The final envelope positions are truly — and visibly — random, as determined by the participants themselves. And yet, when the envelopes are opened (simultaneously, by the participants), each is found to contain a single large letter; these letters have unpredictably been arranged into the precise order necessary to spell out some event-appropriate, customized message for the audience. The entertainer does not touch the envelopes once they have been initially handed out, the participants do all the mixing, and no switches or gimmicked props are involved.
The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More :: (order "Calculated Thoughts" from Vanishing Inc.)
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Doug! Looks very clean.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I have used dougs. It works.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks John.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
This just released also

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S31757
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » 4-6 Person Stage SPELL WORD effected needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL