We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Room 66 by Yoan Tanuji, Axel Vergnaud and Dylan Sausset (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1813 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Hey guys,

New release from Magic Dream, it's a peek device that fits in your pocket!

What if a simple keytag became the ultimate Peek tool? A secret weapon you'll always have on you? A tool so harmless and universal that no one will suspect it is your best routine?

Yoan Tanuji, Axel Vergnaud and Dylan Sausset, 3 performers with creative minds have put all their know-how to create ROOM 66. These magicians and mentalists wanted above all to offer you a real routine, with a useful everyday object known to all, and, above all, a gimmick that you will really use in each of your performances.

ROOM 66 fits in your pocket and offers you all the advantages to be able to read the mind of your audience at any time. This innocent keytag will allow you to perform incredible routines and will become part of your repertoire as soon as you discover its secret and unleash its potential!

The spectator writes whatever he wants on the keytag: a room number, a date of birth, a first name, a city/country, he can even draw without ever showing it. After erasing it, you will be able to capture this thought in a blink of an eye, without your audience knowing, and then reveal it according to your own staging.

The 3 creators have been playing with this tool for months and have already fooled big names and thousands of spectators.

A video tutorial of almost an hour is provided so that you can choose from several handling and presentations. You will find the idea and the scenario that fits your style, THE method that will make this effect "killer" and indispensable to your arsenal!

More than a peek, this keytag has a few surprises in store for you that we'll let you discover...

Strong points :
Completely innocent and universal
Ingenious and easy to handle gimmick
You can have it on you at any time
Fits on all keys
The perfect peek tool for all situations: close-up, show, stage

You will receive :
The Room 66 gimmick
A clip to put it on any set of keys
A marker
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review Channel, new reviews coming every week ! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2266 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I only see it as a preorder for July 21st, but only on Magic Dreams website. My french is not the best. Will it be available with English tutorial and from U.S. dealers?
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Why would you get them to write it down only for you to rub it out.
David Klass
View Profile
Special user
Beckenham, England
958 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, Rob.m wrote:

To show someone else what they are thinking.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

Why would you get them to write it down only for you to tear it up? Yet the center tear has been used successfully for years.

But who knows, maybe the process of erasing will seem more illogical to laymen.
Rob.m
View Profile
Loyal user
244 Posts

Profile of Rob.m
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, David Klass wrote:
Quote:

To show someone else what they are thinking.

They can just write it down show them and keep it - why give it you back just for you to rub out.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
I like the idea of something small and kept on your keychain to always have when you are out and about. But not sure about this.
Carrying something on your keychain to write on is definitely not a common thing to do. Maybe you could justify it by saying you have it to jot down the area in which you parked your car when in a large parking lot or structure. But of course most people will probably ask why you don’t just snap a photo of it like everyone else.

If this could be justified it may be nice but still I fear that spectators will just see it for what it is…a special prop to allow you to know what they wrote.
Derotanim
View Profile
New user
UK
48 Posts

Profile of Derotanim
I think any "seasoned" magician should have a good idea of how this works based on the trailer. I think the concept in general is decent, but don't really like how it works here. I think most spectators will just assume that you somehow looked at the fob at some point while you were erasing what they wrote - this may actually be an easier method than the trick itself.

If, on the other hand, one could (1) give the spectators the fob on the keychain and tell them to write something down, (2) have them erase it themselves and then (3) hand it back to you to put back in your pocket, that would be a different - and in my opinion much better - trick entirely. Them having to give it back to you with the writing still on it makes no sense to me at all - why wouldn't they just rub it out themselves?
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
The only problem with that is any seasoned magician would be stuck with one question and that is why hand something to somebody have them write it down erase it and then hand it back to you? And that's just for the season magician what about the season Mentalist?

Good magic to all,

Eric
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1298 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Why would want them to write on a keytag at all…
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of makulit974
Ultimate! Wow that’s a big thing to boast. So does that mean it surpasses any existing peek? And if that were to be true, nothing will ever beat it? From seeing the trailer, I seriously doubt it.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3080 Posts

Profile of tophatter
You could always say now I am going to erase that thought from your mind as you transfer the thought to me "That Makes Sense"
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2615 Posts

Profile of NeilS
If anyone expresses doubts with this, I'm sure you could fob them off.

Neil
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, Derotanim wrote:
I think any "seasoned" magician should have a good idea of how this works based on the trailer. I think the concept in general is decent, but don't really like how it works here. I think most spectators will just assume that you somehow looked at the fob at some point while you were erasing what they wrote - this may actually be an easier method than the trick itself.

If, on the other hand, one could (1) give the spectators the fob on the keychain and tell them to write something down, (2) have them erase it themselves and then (3) hand it back to you to put back in your pocket, that would be a different - and in my opinion much better - trick entirely. Them having to give it back to you with the writing still on it makes no sense to me at all - why wouldn't they just rub it out themselves?

Agree, if you could do that, that would be great... can you?
Ben
loudini1972
View Profile
New user
Central New Jersey
94 Posts

Profile of loudini1972
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, ArtIn wrote:

what he said.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2615 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, ArtIn wrote:

At the moment, the only reason I can think of is you ask a spectator to imagine they are staying at a large hotel and you get them to write their room number on the fob.
leipzisch
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
The only problem with that is any seasoned magician would be stuck with one question and that is why hand something to somebody have them write it down erase it and then hand it back to you? And that's just for the season magician what about the season Mentalist?

Good magic to all,

'Okay, I'd like you to think of your favourite word. You're going to share it with everyone else but not me. Here, just write it on this, show everyone and then rub it out'

Great. Now each of you think of that word...'

If you can perform as above, I suddenly become very interested.

Eric
leipzisch
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Jul 3, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:

Good magic to all,

Eric

Let's try that again!

'Okay, I'd like you to think of your favourite word. You're going to share it with everyone else but not me. Here, just write it on this, show everyone and then rub it out'

Great. Now each of you think of that word...'

If you can perform as above, I suddenly become very interested.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
For GBP40 I can think of better way to peak

And would hardly call this the Ultimate Peek !
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1964 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:
On Jul 15, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
For GBP40 I can think of better way to peak

And would hardly call this the Ultimate Peek !

Better ways that don't involve carrying business cards with you? I must admit I don't always have some on me so this could be interesting... then again you'd have to carry a dry erase marker but I could probably live with that.
Ben
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Room 66 by Yoan Tanuji, Axel Vergnaud and Dylan Sausset (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL