The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Strolling routines for story of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of lhughes
I recently was asked to do some strolling magic at a Vacation Bible School with the story of Joseph as it’s theme (Genesis 37-50). Any ideas or suggestions as to routines that are suitable? I’ve brainstormed words such as coat of many colors, Egypt, pharoahs, betrayal and forgiveness, dreams, prison, cupbearer, baker, missing silver cup.
Sleightly yours,
Lorne
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
20th century silks ? 2 brothers and a one (colorful Coat). Possible they put Him (colorful -coat) in (?) - He's gone (sold ?) later appears with the Brothers (?)- Just an Idea ? RR
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
The Elusive Lifesavers trick could be used for the coat of many colors.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Something like Baffling Blocks (Lego themed Hot Rod Trick, sold by AmazeKids / Vanishing Inc.), would also work with the rainbow theme (coat of many colours). You could even have a colour of green for the change, and talk about his brothers being green with envy.

Also, any effect like a broken and restored could work with the theme. Joseph's life seemed to be difficult (sold into slavery, falsely accused by Potiphar's wife, sent to jail, etc.), but in the end he was fully restored by God and used to protect Egypt and his own family from the drought & famine.

Another idea. I imagine that AmazeCups (sold by AmazeKids / Vanishing Inc.) could also be used in a walk around performance. This is a prop that I don't own, but I've seen online.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
lhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of lhughes
Thanks guys. I’m thinking of using a rainbow streamer and pulling it from the kids jackets and shirts. I might do a cups and ball routine for Egypt and I’m thinking of a wrist shackle escape for being in prison. I’ll consider all your ideas.
Sleightly yours,
Lorne
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
I've used escape effects to correspond with 1st Corinthians 10:13. Sometimes on myself , other times using 3 Vol. 1 tied up with 12 feet of rope(temptations)the other to to pull the ropes (escape) . Have Fun, Bless all. Ralph
lhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of lhughes
I’m thinking an ambitious card routine will work well with this theme. How Joseph saw his brothers under him in a dream, how after being sold into slavery, being in prison he manages to rise to the top.
Sleightly yours,
Lorne
lhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of lhughes
I eventually came up with 6 tricks, two sets of three …that worked well strolling. 1. A hot rod, talking about Joseph’s coat of many colors, and changing to blue…how his brothers must have felt. 2. Ambitious cards…how with Gods guidance and help, Joseph always comes to top. 3. Invisible writer…how Joseph’s dreams were messages from God. My second set was 1. a rainbow streamer and a thumb tip, talking about his coat of many colors, 2. hopping halves….how Joseph must have been gifted with strong management skills, and 3. Invisible deck….talking about dreams. Overall, it went over awesome…hopping halves required a bit of a reset though.
Sleightly yours,
Lorne
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Strolling routines for story of Joseph (Genesis 37-50) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL