We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ JUST THE SOUL by Adrian Vega (NO switches, NO weird moves, just ONE card and THEIR imagination) (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
I would say the thickness is just about the same if you put two cards together and fold them you might want to try that just to see if it would work in the envelope that you're talking about.

Good magic to all,

Eric
muffin
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of muffin
Really useful information, thank you. Iím thinking of using a Black Door envelope with this. Between envelopes and buying two sets of this effect, itís a pricey multiple out solution 😬. I have been looking for a way to do 8 outs from one envelope for a while.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
710 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, muffin wrote:
Really useful information, thank you. Iím thinking of using a Black Door envelope with this. Between envelopes and buying two sets of this effect, itís a pricey multiple out solution 😬. I have been looking for a way to do 8 outs from one envelope for a while.

The way the cards are folded into quarters I don't think it would work. The envelope will look "bulky" still after removing the first one. I don't have Black door so maybe there is a way to hide it but......
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2021, muffin wrote:

This likely wonít suit your needs but just in case it might and if you havenít checked it out already, Marc Oberonís Incarnation 2.0 could possibly be an alternative. The upside is you get gimmicks covering all 52 cards and a nicely made i***x. The downside is itís not really intended for extreme close-up use. Also, I donít think it would work real well in a Black Door envelope.

Like I said, probably wonít suit your needs unless your intention is for stage or parlor.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree with the last 2 posts it wonít work in Black door.
Black door struggles to take one folded UK polymer note without springing the compartment open, so it will never take a folded card Gaz 😊
muffin
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of muffin
I came across Incarnation recently. My use case is very much close up, so donít think that will work. Noted on Black Door (I have a set), which I use for a card switch rather than a bill switch. I can likely use a Ďnormalí double envelope. Thanks for the help all!
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

I agree this would be too bulky for a Black Door envelope. I'm just trying to toy with the idea since you would have the envelope on the table and not the card if maybe you would just fold it in half and not quartered but then again being in an envelope what could be the justification of that? But at least you would have all the outs you said you were looking for if you did buy two of these. But good luck with this I hope you find a good remedy for what you want.

Good magic to all,

Eric
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Im curious... Why would you want two? and putting them in an envelope?
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of dyoung
IS that also a "deal down to the number" kinda trick or? If it is, there really isn't a need for 8.
dyoung
View Profile
Special user
811 Posts

Profile of dyoung
Im assuming its some Koran type of stack? I haven't seen the gimmick for this trick, someone correct me if Im wrong, but Im sure you can make it relatively easily? So that you can make it up with 4 different values.
dj
View Profile
Special user
961 Posts

Profile of dj
You don't have to split the cards for the "Just the Soul" gimmick.
Take four cards from Card Shark's Double Decker Deck and make the gimmick.
muffin
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of muffin
Iíve ordered the effect now, so will see if Iím able to construct another gimmick. Thanks for the information on the double decker deck. If one was to use mis-indexed picture cards (in slim profile) you could have 8 outs from the one gimmick.
leipzisch
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Thanks leipzisch I appreciate your contributions on the Cafť, best wishes my friend Gaz 😊

Pleasure Gaz!
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2021, otreboR wrote:
Another performance video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mri1luVY......KOMJAPAN

Looks pretty good to me. Reset?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
otreboR
View Profile
Loyal user
The Netherlands
288 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, John C wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2021, otreboR wrote:
Another performance video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mri1luVY......KOMJAPAN

Looks pretty good to me. Reset?

I only know the effect from his lectures, but you can do the setup in front of your spectator.
This is not teached in his lectures but I found an easy way to do this.
Maybe he teaches this in "JUST THE SOUL".
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Make sure the cards are in the right place fold the gimmick back up put the paper clip on you ready to go.

Good magic to all,

Eric
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
839 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Review from James Anthony Magic world
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

That is a very nice and accurate review. I would like to add one more tip for people who own this and are worried about getting the right amount of cards in the right place. So far I have used this method almost from the very beginning of Performing this. I simply take out the cards and depending on which way I'm going to count them of course depending on the number given I will either turn the cards face up or face down and I will tell Them I need you to count them like this very slowly and deliberately then I'll count down 1,2 Etc and then while I talk to The Spectator I explain some people count too fast and they mess up the count. after I'm done explaining this I take the cards on the table and place them where they need to be placed enough time passes by where they can't remember from what position I started counting them in. Either way I don't make a big deal of it I do it very haphazardly and then hand them the deck for them to count down. If we have to count down from the face of the deck I explain I want them to do it that way so no one thinks there are double cards and I ask him to pay attention to the cards as they count them to make sure they do not see any doubles and that no cards are sticking together. I can't remember who I learned it from but someone said if you're going to do something that seems odd explain the reason you're doing it and then it will not appear odd. Anyway if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask or send me a message.

Good magic to all,

Eric
muffin
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of muffin
This is a nice idea Eric, thanks for sharing.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Excellent idea as always Eric, thanks for sharing Gaz 😊
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ JUST THE SOUL by Adrian Vega (NO switches, NO weird moves, just ONE card and THEIR imagination) (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL