We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JUST THE SOUL by Adrian Vega (NO switches, NO weird moves, just ONE card and THEIR imagination) (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
There is indeed very little messing around with the cards at the beginning I I'm just curious as to what kind of math has to be done and how easy it will be to get to that right number. We all know of course that there is work that needs to be put in and this is one of those situations where definitely the more practice you have in that particular art of card manipulation will come in handy. And as has already been pointed out I too am willing to put in the necessary time getting this down pat for this effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
710 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2021, The great Gumbini wrote:
There is indeed very little messing around with the cards at the beginning I I'm just curious as to what kind of math has to be done and how easy it will be to get to that right number. We all know of course that there is work that needs to be put in and this is one of those situations where definitely the more practice you have in that particular art of card manipulation will come in handy. And as has already been pointed out I too am willing to put in the necessary time getting this down pat for this effect.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Its so simple, I wouldnt even call it math. Its just getting the move to look as good as him that's going to take the work - for me at least. Do the reveal and you can then immediately go into anything else with the deck. There is nothing to hide or ditch with it.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Thank you for that information I appreciate it very much.

Good magic to all,

Eric
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3599 Posts

Profile of takeachance
"Its so simple, I wouldnt even call it math. Its just getting the move to look as good as him that's going to take the work - for me at least. Do the reveal and you can then immediately go into anything else with the deck. There is nothing to hide or ditch with it."

If that's the case then it does sound very good. The fact that the deck isn't gaffed is a plus as you can continue with other effects. Thanks dman11 for the info.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I don’t think the work is worth it as even if you are as good as Adrian the handling it’s still convoluted and it’s not the best Caan.
I agree with putting the work in if it’s worth it, but I honestly don’t believe this is with the final gaff reveal that's involved Gaz 😊
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

You might be right but let me just say this as far as putting the work in as far as whether or not it is worth it I am probably the biggest Klutz on the Café and after I work with this and see what it looks like I will let you guys know my honest opinion. I don't even know if this is in my realm of being able to pull off the necessary work I just started looking up videos on the actual process that's needed and I will definitely need to practice it a little bit but mine should show up tomorrow and I will let you guys know. I will say this much when I first saw the video I could not believe how clean it looked and I could not believe it was not something that was set up. Since then I've watched the two videos over and over again I did notice that the starting position of the cards was not the position of the cards when he went into the counting and then I started to piece things together but I cannot throw the baby out with the bathwater because it requires a little bit of work to be put in. I keep resorting back to the first time I saw this I was very very very impressed.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I agree the work is worth learning for other effects. I just believe in this case the final reveal gimmick ruins the hard work as to me at least it’s where the heat is.
The fact you have already had to re spread the cards almost ruins the pay off as the reveal is the weakest card on view imho.
It’s not a rubbish effect at all but not worth the work in my truly honest opinion. Adrian does it beautifully but 99% of us won’t and there are far easier and stronger methods which again is also just imo Gaz 😊
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

All very valid points. And as we speak I am going over and over the required move on this affect and it may not be a knuckle buster but getting that timing down I can see will require quite some effort. But I'm doing pretty well however when the heat is on that would be my main concern. If however the math involved is not that complicated I may just have a worker here. But time shall tell.

Good magic to all,

Eric
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I spent around ten years working on my ACAAN routine, including much work with Jeff McBride. Over the years, I have come to the conclusion that the best trick isn't always the most clever, it is the most entertaining. This ACAAN seems rather dry to me. My ACAAN may not be the most clever, but I created a combination of a couple classics that I think is a good combination of entertaining, funny, and amazing.

ACAAN is probably the single trick where the "Holy Grail" is most sought after. After seeing literally dozens and dozens of ACAANs, I have come to the conclusion that the Holy Grail of ACAANs is the one that packs the biggest entertainment punch for you.

KJ
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Very good observation and advice. We must always keep in mind the entertainment factor is the most important factor of all.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

I should have this today it shows that it is out for delivery. So once I've had a chance to go over the instructions and look at the gimmick I will definitely post my thoughts on it. I'm hoping it's a worthwhile project and actually anticipating that it will be so now we just have to see how it all works out.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

Well I received this today and at first I thought this might be a lot of work for something that can be accomplished another way. I watched the tutorial and was a little put off that they could not make what they call a very important fold in the card prior to shipping it but I believe that's just being lazy on my part. Once I got that done I watched the rest of the tutorial and the more I started to play with this the more I started to really like it.

I am happy to say the math that has to be done is by far the simplest math you can do if you can count one or two you got it made. As far as the move goes because there is such a few cards that have to be manipulated I believe there is an array of different moves that can accomplish the same thing. I will still work on this one basic move that is taught that we all know what it is but I'm really leaning towards using other methods that are just as deceptive if done correctly.

There is a few things that were done to the gimmick to make this very easy to handle. I can definitely see why this was not a download. The teaching and thinking behind the closed box version is very smart indeed. I will actually use that with this as well.

Are there other methods to achieve the same thing? Yes however there is more to this than meets the eye. This will be something I will use and have a lot of fun with. One final point for those who do have this I find a little red magic marker dot Very useful for finding exactly what I'm looking for with the gimmick.

Good magic to all,

Eric
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Eric,

Thanks for the honest review. Maybe you can use some of what you learned to create your own "Holy Grail" ACAAN.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Of all the ACAANs that I have seen as commercial releases, I think Joseph B's is the best. The messy piles of cards makes it very entertaining and very deceptive.

KJ
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

I love Joseph B's version. In the tutorial the Holy Grail is mentioned and credited for another way of getting to the card. I also just got done performing this for my wife a couple of times and her response was "now that is really good". To be absolutely honest with everyone I will definitely be using this especially since getting to the card is so simple then it's simply a matter of making sure you get to the right part of the gimmick. This was a lot easier to perform than I thought it would be.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks Eric for your review and thoughts on this.
It’s much appreciated Gaz 😊
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

You are very welcome. By the way I know this goes without saying but if I can help any of you with questions you have please feel free to ask them here or send me a PM.

Good magic to all,

Eric
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
2418 Posts

There is one point I forgot to mention you will be supplying your own deck of cards what you get in the package is the gimmicked card and a card with the tutorial information. You will need your own deck of cards with the two jokers.

Good magic to all,

Eric
psylocke
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of psylocke
Quote:
On Jul 18, 2021, 1KJ wrote:
Of all the ACAANs that I have seen as commercial releases, I think Joseph B's is the best. The messy piles of cards makes it very entertaining and very deceptive.

KJ

What is the name of the effect?

bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1180 Posts

Profile of bekralik
JH ACAAN
Here is an existing thread on the topic: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&start=0
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » JUST THE SOUL by Adrian Vega (NO switches, NO weird moves, just ONE card and THEIR imagination) (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL