The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Looking for the name and reference for card move (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DavidMac
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
81 Posts

Profile of DavidMac
Hi,

I've spent some time over the last 12 months documenting my favourite routines and those I've put together myself in the hope that one day my children will show an interest.

I'm not sure this is the correct section of the forum for this but I couldn't find anywhere else.

I'm looking for the name and reference for a card move. I discovered it by accident, but as nothing is usually new, I'm hoping someone here can help.

The move takes no more than a second and looks like you're just squaring the deck. The result is the top card ends up face up somewhere near the middle of the deck whilst retaining the rest of the deck in order.

Process: With the deck face down in left hand dealer’s grip, get a pinky break below the top card and clip the top with the 3rd.

Reach over with the right hand, and perform a move similar to a pass (I discovered this move whilst playing with the cover pass move).

As the packet of cards in the right hand move up, the pinky and 3rd finger on the left hand tip the top card towards the inside of the right palm.

Using the 3rd finger of left hand push the bottom long edge of what was the top card so it is now face up and aligns with the top packet.

Square the deck. What was the top card is now face up somewhere in the middle of the deck.

I've currently noted it as a one card turnover pass.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Aaron Fischer might know. Am I spelling it right? I'm talking about the guy who wrote Paper Engine. Anyway, it is a variation, in my opinion, of the Rosini Pass, also called the Phenomenal Pass. This being Paul Rosini.
DavidMac
View Profile
New user
Stafford, UK
81 Posts

Profile of DavidMac
Thank you Gregg, I'll look into Paul Rossini's workm
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
It's similar to the Creeping Reverse. A Larry Jennings move to get the face down selection in a spread face up at the bottom of the deck. As the spread is squared, the move is executed. It's described in Jennings 67.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » Looking for the name and reference for card move (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL