We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Pen by John Cornelius (26 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2578 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
It should be removed by Murphy's. All dealers ought to take it down. Such a disgrace to John.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
trickyat86
View Profile
Elite user
Pittsburgh, PA
408 Posts

Profile of trickyat86
I own the original Perfect Pen, in the original instructions it details how to correct issues with the cap being loose. Basically squeeze the barrow of the cap slightly so it becomes an oval and not a perfect round circle.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, trickyat86 wrote:
I own the original Perfect Pen, in the original instructions it details how to correct issues with the cap being loose. Basically squeeze the barrow of the cap slightly so it becomes an oval and not a perfect round circle.

In other words, the new pen is basically the same as the old pen and has nothing to do with modern things being made with worse quality that things from the past.

It's just hilarious to me that people have made assumptions about this re-release being rushed and made subpar to the original when the fact is, I'm not sure how many people really had a chance to play with this when it was originally made.
MagicRichyRich
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of MagicRichyRich
That's a shame because of all these mixed reviews I really wanted to get this. I own ignition and wanted to have this as a companion but I think I will keep the ignition as my everyday carry. And with my own handling different from the Creator this makes it very simple and deceptive and even if they burn your hands you will never get caught...
ClemFandango
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of ClemFandango
scott0819
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ont.
917 Posts

Profile of scott0819
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, Matilda wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, Magic Dust wrote: What bothers me most is that the cap is not really tight

That's to enable you to do a move. It's not a mistake.

Hey Matilda,
Can you clarify this comment without giving too much away. Is this move covered in the tutorial?

…Also it’s interesting the posts from 2004 complaining about the exact same build-quality.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
1745 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Yes but do the new instructions mention you need to squeeze the cap? Doesn't sound like it, so people are right to complain.
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, Matilda wrote:
That's to enable you to do a move. It's not a mistake.

I know that 😉 but it would also work with a slightly tighter fitting cap !
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Veteran user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
385 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:
Yes but do the new instructions mention you need to squeeze the cap? Doesn't sound like it, so people are right to complain.

No, not a word!
And I am just wondering how many pens Javier tried out and/or modified before/during filming the instructions. Smile

If they had been honest to show how to change the tightness of the cap and the inner tube to the performers own liking.
That had been (almost) ok.

But no! So now they, of course rightly, are criticized for it!
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, PatrickGregoire wrote:

From the review Magicant posted on his YouTube, it would appear that the instructions does mention this. It’s is also clear that the cap squeeze was NOT part of the original release instructions as people had to contact Cornelius to then learn from Cornelius the fix for the cap on the original.

These complaints are valid, what’s nonsensical is a lot of these complaints seem to be from people unfamiliar with the original release and now just assuming that Murphy was cutting corners on this re-release. I mean, a few posts above, someone already posted the link for the thread for the original release talking about the same cap issue.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1258 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2021, MagicRichyRich wrote:
That's a shame because of all these mixed reviews I really wanted to get this. I own ignition and wanted to have this as a companion but I think I will keep the ignition as my everyday carry. And with my own handling different from the Creator this makes it very simple and deceptive and even if they burn your hands you will never get caught...

Well stated, I agree and will do the same. I had the original but it was stolen by someone who I know.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
profmagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of profmagic
As much as I love Ignition, I stopped using it some time ago because the key seems to be out-of-date given the way newer cars are equipped. Or am I worrying too much about that?
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1088 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, profmagic wrote:
..... am I worrying too much about that?

Yes you are...
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Veteran user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
385 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
The loose cap is /was a minor problem, it was the inner tube that was the real problem. Mine hade a severe BEND in it and looked like it was chewed upon by a crocodile, and was VERY hard to push in and out! And this is not some nonsensical complaint!
I fixed it, but it should not have been sold like that.
Bad quality control, to say the least!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, profmagic wrote:
As much as I love Ignition, I stopped using it some time ago because the key seems to be out-of-date given the way newer cars are equipped. Or am I worrying too much about that?

I never mention what the key is for and rarely does anyone ask. If they do ask I just say its the valet key for my car, they reply oh, ok, and I get on with the trick.
Jonas1969
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Jonas1969
The very loose cap, the inner tube issues, loud click, AND the fact that mine does not write at all(ink was never added?) do make a valid case for this being renamed “The Imperfect Pen.” :/
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6988 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Ya know, sometimes "perfecting" an item just leads to its demise. I have the original Pen Thru Anything, The Monte Blanc pen. I aquired a couple ungaffed ones, and I have never looked back! I still perform this today.

Doug
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2021, Jonas1969 wrote:
AND the fact that mine does not write at all (ink was never added?

Have you looked at the ballpoint pen mine refill and is it without filling - means total empty ?
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
154 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
Has anyone had trouble with getting the download off murphy's? Says my password is wrong--wtf?
Mike the Magician
virtualwizard
View Profile
Regular user
Bailey Island, Maine
154 Posts

Profile of virtualwizard
For those of you who have made the purchase and are dealing with a loose cap, if you take scotch tape and go about 3/4 the way around the diameter of the pen you can tighten it up pretty well. Do this on both sides--the end and above the "break" on the ink side. You can't really see the tape, but it makes a big difference.
Mike the Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Perfect Pen by John Cornelius (26 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL