We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sailors Purse By Gemini Artifacts (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
194 Posts

Profile of Gerald Blankenship
I really like the concept of this story telling effect. I am considering a purchase. However before I decide I would really like to know if anyone here has this and has performed it. I have bought from these folks before and I must say they are very nice and will answer all questions. $300.00 bucks to this old guy is a lot of money so I would appreciate any feed back.
Thanks Jerry
I don't understand all I know about this
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2279 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I don't own it but this kit looks like it is worth every penny. Very impressed.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
194 Posts

Hi Chris!
Thanks for reply. Yes it looks good just may pull the trigger.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1768 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Hi Jerry. I purchased this from Chris when he originally released it, before he started selling through Vic at Gemini. His work is all top-shelf. Exquisite details. Wonderful manuals and thorough scripting. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.
David
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5545 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Hi David, Just to clarify, I assume you are referring to Christopher Gould with Alchemy Moon, versus Christopher Taylor?
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
194 Posts

Hi Wizard,
I think he is referring to Gould as Chris Taylor only produces electronic effects and other non electronic effects concerning mental effects. Taylor has been working with me on several electronic designs for effects I am building and is very knowledgeable on on mental effects. He made comment about my inquirey into said effect as a courtesy to me as he knows me and my tastes in the industry.
Thanks Jerry
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1563 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
David is referring to Chris from AM, I have this also when it was 1st released thru Chris Gould at Alechmy Magic. I have this but the original by same creator of the effect, it came in a small treasure like chest with 2 small drawers & a hinged top. Very different box from the one at GA. I believe all the items inside are the same, just a different box to carry them in.

The story is fantastic to perform with & a magi can weave a long or short story & performance. I use it in a longer nautical performance tie in that starts with a rare "Devils Triangle" I obtained 2nd hand (originally sold thru Vic of GA & only 6 or 7 made apparently per Vic's phone chat) then into SP.
I love my sea stories & SP is amazing imo !!

Been awhile since I've used these, but hoping to start things up again (as we reopen the world) & will be wanting to implement these after a brief brushing up !
If you enjoy sea story effects, PS is enchanting to perform & the included props are A++ !!
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
194 Posts

Thanks gents you have convinced me, so I think I will purchase.
Jerry
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1768 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
Yes, I am referring to Chris Gould who used to create and market his own wares through his business Alchemy Moon before he allowed Vic at Gemini to be the one to sell the wares he creates. Chris Gould is a brilliant creator. He's also a truly kind individual. Merlinsmagic is correct in that the version of the Sailor's Purse that both of us bought (presumably he bought his directly from Chris way back when) was with the different box - a treasure-type box. That does not matter for the effect...the effect Chris developed is grounded in a wonderful tale. The props are simple, elegant, and very sensible. Research has shown that we remember things that have an emotional connection to us. Through this lens, the effect is one very likely to be remembered!

Once you get it, Jerry, let us know what you think of it!

All the best,

David
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5545 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Jul 16, 2021, Wizard of Oz wrote:
Hi David, Just to clarify, I assume you are referring to Christopher Gould with Alchemy Moon, versus Christopher Taylor?

Sorry for the confusion everyone. I fully realize David was talking about Chris Gould, and just wanted to put it out there so folks wouldn't confuse the reference with Mr. Taylor. I could have worded it more clearly.

I too have the original Sailor's Purse from Alchemy Moon, and it is one of my favorite bizarre magic props. It's one of those many divine assemblies from AM that smells as earthy as it feels. It could easily have been taken out of a sunken ship...or be waiting to be put back into one. I don't know what the new rendition is like, but Gemini Artifacts has a similar passion and commitment to releasing high caliber products so I'm sure it's an incredible piece of storytelling.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1563 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yep I bought mine directly from Chris when it 1st came out, I have a passion for old sea tales as I owned & operated a marine repair & salvage Co for several years, did a few treasure hunting dives & lov me ye ol pirates !!
I believe from Vic's site the pics of the box now used is different, maybe to honor the early version from Chris...? Or the gent making the original style boxes no longer around...?

But Vic's version he has pics of looks just as authentic for the one he sells now.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
194 Posts

Pulled the trigger and it has already shipped. Vic is on the ball good guy and superb customer service.
Gerald Blankenship
View Profile
Regular user
Lake O The Pines Texas
194 Posts

Got it a couple days ago. It is a great story telling routine and the props are great also. Intend to enjoy this very much. And make folks scratch their heads in what just happened.
Louis Cypher
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of Louis Cypher
Chris is an amazing creator and a fantastic storyteller.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Sailors Purse By Gemini Artifacts (13 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL