We Remember The Magic Cafť We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (98 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1930 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, mindmagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, JackMagic wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I told them to write educational purposes on the package because you can with magic as it is an eduction.
I have never paid import tax whenever they do write that from anywhere abroad.
Best wishes Gaz 😊


Good Luck let us know how you get on

In fairness I have never had any issues with any dealer other than E

But when you have 20% off sale you would expect the dealer to at least
Put the discounted price you actually paid on the customs form

Not the normal price, I know I am not the only person that has had this issue
but the impression I got from them was tough !


I suspect they have to use the full price because it's the "value" of the goods.

I've had success in the past with "educational" too, but I haven't tried it for many years.


No other dealer has done that , and on top they added the shipping cost to the declaration
So as stated I ended up paying way over the top for the items
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9305 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I refuse to buy any product outside of the U.K. now, including the bloc.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Flite started out as an E exclusive but was eventually carried by some UK dealers (I know Alakazam has it). I wonder if this will be the same if popular enough?
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, CardGuyMike wrote:
Flite started out as an E exclusive but was eventually carried by some UK dealers (I know Alakazam has it). I wonder if this will be the same if popular enough?


I believe they typically like to keep it exclusive until sales begin to slow.
This seems to be common practice with various dealer exclusives.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2615 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
I told them to write educational purposes on the package because you can with magic as it is an eduction.
I have never paid import tax whenever they do write that from anywhere abroad.
Best wishes Gaz 😊


Ditto. Definitely worth requesting with any order outside the UK.

Neil
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3361 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:

Warren there are three places you can store bills. Either with the money clip, in the elastic band out to lunch area, or in the pocket behind the elastic where you would install the Wallet Transformer. Anyone who knows me, knows that I specialize in bill magic, and I have had zero issue using a money clip to hold my cash. Even before I started working on this wallet, I had been using a money clip a full year prior.

Also the pocket inside is perfect for holding stuff like Extreme Burn. Hope that helps!

The sample wallet I've been using, has been my every day wallet for the past year, so it was important to me that this wallet is able to both hold everything I need and stand up to the wear and tear of day to day life


Hi Josh thanks for the input, here in the UK nobody really uses a money clip we tend to keep our cash in an actual compartment, so it would seem that if I want to keep cash inside the wallet I would have to give up one of it's functions so it wouldn't be quite the wallet its intended to be.
That said I would probably opt to lose the wallet transformer if I would still be able to perform a card to wallet without that feature ?

If using the standard method for card to wallet does it require a s***e and can other items such as rings be loaded into the wallet ?

Once again thanks for your input it's much appreciated Smile
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
At first glance, if putting cash in the HermŤs and I didnít wish to use the money clip, I would probably put cash in that compartment with the pull out tab. Seems kind of handy to pull your cash out of it. The notes would have to be folded of course but that is the same with a money clip.

Money clips seem to be everywhere these days so it would kind of a surprise if so few use them in the UK. Of course I am only basing that on the ads I see all the time. I donít really see many actual wallets in use to know what people are mostly using here in the US.

Are you saying it would be suspicious to use a money clip in the UK? Not following your point that if no one uses them then you wouldnít either. Is it due to the size/type of your notes? If not, then maybe more use them than you are aware.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I think its because in the UK a lot of people donít use any cash at all only cards.
However the ones who rarely use cards like me carry about £500 cash (minimum) around all the time so a decent wallet is required if using one at all.
I donít use my magic wallets as EDC anyway so as long as I can show the odd couple of notes in their visibly (ie not hidden in an unseen compartment) I donít mind as
much Gaz 😊
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
949 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Hey Warren! So for the card to wallet there are three methods: there is the method with the Transformer, that is no palm, there is a method similar to the real mans wallet, where it ends up in the ID section, and then there is the ďmainĒ method which is where it ends up in between two credit cards (as you can see in the trailer). For the last two methods, there is nothing additional you need, other than what you already have in your wallet. As for the ring, you could in theory do it in the compartment with the pull tab inside an envelope, however as it was not designed specifically for that you run the risk of stretching the leather. So if you are comfortable dedicating that section for the ring only, then in theory it should work. I would recommend however that you stick to plain wedding bands.

Personally though if Iím doing a ring to impossible location, I prefer keeping my wallet for other stuff and using a ring flight for ring magic
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1558 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, JackMagic wrote:


No other dealer has done that , and on top they added the shipping cost to the declaration
So as stated I ended up paying way over the top for the items


Shipping cost is correct, I'm afraid.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
710 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:


Hi Josh thanks for the input, here in the UK nobody really uses a money clip we tend to keep our cash in an actual compartment


Here in the USA, we don't use money clips either. The only time I've ever seen them is recently in magic wallets.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I have seen them apart from magic wallets but never anyway holding any money in them Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
This is different though as itís internal and even the clip is internal so it doesnít appear like a money clip from the outside. Even when opening briefly as your notes can be fully open it passes as a normal billfold type wallet imo Gaz 😊
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
Iíve seen many money clip wallets in the USA. I guess it depends on who you hang with, people that tie their money in a rubber band or keep it tidy with a money clip. Haha.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
5580 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:


Hi Josh thanks for the input, here in the UK nobody really uses a money clip we tend to keep our cash in an actual compartment


Here in the USA, we don't use money clips either. The only time I've ever seen them is recently in magic wallets.


Not that I dispute your claim but what did you base your determination on?
Iím just not sure how someone can make a claim about 300 million people based on what? Maybe you asked 3 friends or noticed a couple people at the grocery store?

Especially when you donít even claim that they are simply less common but that they are not used at all. I think there is a whole lot of hypothesizing going on here without any statistical data to back it up.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4236 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:


Hi Josh thanks for the input, here in the UK nobody really uses a money clip we tend to keep our cash in an actual compartment


Here in the USA, we don't use money clips either. The only time I've ever seen them is recently in magic wallets.


I do not feel that when people see someone using a money clip or a super compact wallet with a money clip on it, that they think it is suspicious. They simply do not and if you feel awkward about it and then handle it awkwardly because you are self conscious about it, they will pick up on that but again, that's not because seeing a money clip is inherently suspicious.

Here are mainstream options from well recognized brands:

https://www.tumi.com/p/money-clip-card-c......QAvD_BwE

https://www.zegna.com/us-en/product.erme......rc=aw.ds

https://www.coach.com/money-clip/23833.h......QAvD_BwE

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/pa......QAvD_BwE

https://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/prod......rc=aw.ds

https://www.saksfifthavenue.com/product/......rc=aw.ds

https://www.montblanc.com/en-us/credit-c......rc=aw.ds

https://www.coachoutlet.com/products/mon......QAvD_BwE

https://www.tumi.com/p/monogram-patch-mo......QAvD_BwE

https://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/p/tom-fo......rc=aw.ds

I understand the argument of "Who would spend such crazy money on such things?!?" but that's not a argument of these things being suspicious of being a prop or not. That's more of a argument of personal taste in style and display of wealth/pompousness (depends on your perspective). It really confuses me that people still are hung up about the concept of a minimalist wallet and/or money clip. It's not suspicious. There's no heat on it. People know what it is. They might think you're a snob but they most likely will not suspect that the wallet is suspect as a magic prop.

The only non-magic wallet I own is a $300+ Zegna wallet that I've had for over a decade. It has a money clip in the spine on the inside. These types of wallets have been a thing for a long long long long time. They are not odd and out of place looking and feeling wallets. Normal people do not see one and thing that it's weird and must be suspicious as a magic prop. The only reason I stopped using that wallet is that the metal piece which is exposed on the bottom corner of the wallet has worn holes in the back pockets of 4 pairs of pants before I decided to stop using it Smile

Look, if these types of wallets do not fit your personal stylistic/wardrobe accessory tastes, fine, but if you are avoiding them because you think they look suspicious, that's really your own internal hangup on the subject rather than these things actually appearing suspicious.
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
710 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, videoman wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 26, 2021, dman11 wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2021, warren wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2021, JustJoshinMagic wrote:


Hi Josh thanks for the input, here in the UK nobody really uses a money clip we tend to keep our cash in an actual compartment


Here in the USA, we don't use money clips either. The only time I've ever seen them is recently in magic wallets.


Not that I dispute your claim but what did you base your determination on?
Iím just not sure how someone can make a claim about 300 million people based on what? Maybe you asked 3 friends or noticed a couple people at the grocery store?

Especially when you donít even claim that they are simply less common but that they are not used at all. I think there is a whole lot of hypothesizing going on here without any statistical data to back it up.


My apologies, I didn't mean to speak exactly for 300 million people! lol, my gosh. What I meant was, I am not a young kid (not a senior either) and I have never seen anyone use a money clip. I've seen countless ( I better not hypothesize that, I guess it COULD be counted) wallets with billfod sections, I've also seen a good amount of the newer minimalist wallets that are mostly for credit cards but some have a fangled way of folding bills into them but me personally - have never seen anyone else use them but then again, I have not seen everyone.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Personally I have never found any wallet big enough for my wad, but you are probably right about the occupations you mention Gaz 😊
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5002 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Kissdadookie is bang on the money imho, if you act awkward thatís your problem and not the wallet.
Also if you perform for people who have never seen you before they have no idea what sort of wallet you may use anyway.
If you do perform for the same people they know you change your wallet more than your shoes so itís irrelevant anyway as they know itís a magic performance and presumably enjoy you entertaining them.
So yes itís a cliche but you are running when you are not being chased in older shoes than your wallet imho Gaz 😊
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12354 Posts

Profile of John C
Just for the record... I like this wallet.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index Ľ Ľ Latest and Greatest? Ľ Ľ The Hermes Wallet by Josh Janousky. Presented by Quiver (98 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL