We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stuck Up by Eric Buss (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just picked this up at the Magic Apple in Studio City, CA.

It is a Topsy Turvy glue bottle. Here is the link:

http://themagicapple.com/all-magic/2133/......ric-buss
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I've had a chance to play around with it, and I am planning on using it in my next show.

Here is my brief review:

The quality of the props are superb. I thought I knew how it might be done before purchasing it. I was wrong, and the method it uses is SO much better than I thought. The bottle is SO almost examinable that I am inclined to do a "pseudo" examination of the bottle with audience members. What I mean by that, is that I am planning on doing a little gag where I talk about how when I was a kid, there was always that one kid who would eat Elmers glue.. "ok, that kid was me, but it is SO delicious", and have a spectator hold out their hand for me to pour some glue in their hand to give it a taste. The prop is so well made that it will make you want to get it close to your audience so they can see it.

One slight downside is that you have to purchase your own black paper to make the tube that the glue bottle goes in. I say "slight" because it's not a real big deal. In fact, I am thinking that I am going to use a piece of newspaper, and make the tube in performance as if I am demonstrating how to "keep your glue fresh.

In addition, you get a sticker that you can use on another glue bottle (not included) so that you can do a "do as I do" routine with two bottles and an audience participant. The extra label matches the label on the prop. This is a brilliant addition that makes the props more versatile.

The props should last a lifetime.

The explanation video is VERY good. I didn't time it or make note of the time when watching it, but I'm going to guess it was around ten minutes long. Eric covers everything you need to know and it is done in a very entertaining way.

Difficulty: Any idiot with opposable thumbs could do this. I heard even Brent Geris was able to do it.

Cost: The cost at the time of writing this was $45. That may seem high in general, but when you get the props you will see that it must have cost a fair amount of money to put this together and that probably doesn't leave a huge profit for Eric to spend on his beer habit. Come on! Let the boy have a beer! Let's just say that he probably won't be pushing past Bezos any time soon. Everyone has to be the judge of whether the price suits their budget or not. Hey, if you don't have the money, maybe you should have listened to grandpa when he told you to save for a rainy day! If you did, you would have had a ton of money, especially with global warming... man it's getting hot and dry. I'm getting thirsty, so I think I'll wrap up my review here.

Overall: From 0 to 100%, I'm going to give this 100%. I'm going to be performing with it real soon, probably in around a month or so, depending upon the weather.

I'll post an update after my show.

KJ
Luke Master
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Luke Master
Thanks KJ. I am excited to see how it is received in your show. Thanks again!
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2356 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
Don’t forget 1KJ you may want to look at bizarro’s drinking glue gag prop. I doubt it’s an exact replica as the turnover to do a switch but it’s be a fun add on.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2262 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes, I have Bizarro's it freaks people out.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5518 Posts

Profile of RNK
Agree, Bizarro's is great! I'd like to check this out as well. Eric is a great performer and like his few effects that he has out.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2021, MagicBrent wrote:
Don’t forget 1KJ you may want to look at bizarro’s drinking glue gag prop. I doubt it’s an exact replica as the turnover to do a switch but it’s be a fun add on.

Good point. I wish they were combined.
KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
3962 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I should disclose that I have never met Eric Buss. I don't actually know if he has a beer habit. I'm just assuming that maybe he does.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Stuck Up by Eric Buss (1 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL