The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » InstaPrime: 'The best magic app in the last 5 years' - David Penn (27 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
This looks good but you say you borrow anyone phone then take them to Amazon website

So how do you borrow someone's phone over zoom ?

And what if they have the Amazon app on there own phone won't they think it's strange going to Amazon via a browser ?

Just asking as I think excellent product but would be good to know

Thanks
paullong
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of paullong
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, Martin.Lester wrote:
This looks good but you say you borrow anyone phone then take them to Amazon website

And what if they have the Amazon app on there own phone won't they think it's strange going to Amazon via a browser ?

Thanks

Hi Martin,

"Borrow someone's phone" is for the cost up presentation. Zoom shows obviously have another pairing method.

We recommend using Amazon from a different region to stop the app from kicking in. This is covered in the presentation and had never been a problem in any of the 100s performances I've given

This is covered at length in the instructions.

How this helps.

Paul
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, paullong wrote:
Quote:

Thanks

Hi Martin,

"Borrow someone's phone" is for the cost up presentation. Zoom shows obviously have another pairing method.

We recommend using Amazon from a different region to stop the app from kicking in. This is covered in the presentation and had never been a problem in any of the 100s performances I've given

How this helps.

Paul

Hi Paul , thanks for your quick response

One last question, on the Apple store it says offers in app purchases

So other than the initial purchase what extras are available and what would be the costs

Thanks
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
paullong
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of paullong
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Hi Martin,

How this helps.

Paul

Hi Paul , thanks for your quick response

One last question, on the Apple store it says offers in app purchases

So other than the initial purchase what extras are available and what would be the costs

Thanks

Of course! Glad to help.

The in app purchase is the cost of the app. It's a free download. We've done it that way to help curb piracy.

Paul
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is the review always the same or is it a genuine review of the selected product?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Is Amazon being compensated or in agreement for using their name to help sell and actually use this commercial product? -Since the concern for piracy has been brought up.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2709 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
Yeah, I’m worried too that Bezos’ successor will end his life in poverty.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Hm, to be honest, I found the performance not very convincing… and do not like at all to guide spectators to some strange, never heard before websites… with nonsense names… David Penn had also difficulties… Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
After seeing the demo on the Wizard product review I love the effect but have a question.

If performing close up with this effect do you have to secretly use your own phone (to key in a number for example) or is it passively used (it pairs with the spectators phone as you borrow it?) or is your own phone not used at all?

I only ask as I'm not a fan of having to key in a number when my phones in my pocket.
paullong
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of paullong
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, Roberto W wrote:
When you take their phone and go to the ‘site’ is it compatible with a nfc tag as a redirect instead of typing in the url?

Yes it is. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Quote:
When you take their phone and go to the ‘site’ is it compatible with a nfc tag as a redirect instead of typing in the url?

Yes it is. Smile

Wow. You have got a terrible memory.
Roberto W
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Roberto W
You mean because paul answered my question previous in the thread and he replied and answered again a few posts down answering it again?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
You mean because paul answered my question previous in the thread and he replied and answered again a few posts down answering it again?

I can’t remember. Smile
Lonnie_Lyerla
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of Lonnie_Lyerla
I picked this up today. Within 20 minutes of purchasing, I put it into action with success. Easy to set up. For me, this is going to be used a lot. Can’t say that I have any complaints. I’ve already set up a few NFC tags and worked on the remote paring method. I don’t think anyone who picks this up with say they regret it. For what it does its amazing. As for the price, I’ve paid way more for apps that's done way less without the ability to use someone else’s phone. I believe you’ll get your bang for you back with InstaPrime.
AnthonyCC
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of AnthonyCC
Thanks for the review, Lonnie.
MagicJosh2212
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicJosh2212
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, TheTrickman wrote:
After seeing the demo on the Wizard product review I love the effect but have a question.

If performing close up with this effect do you have to secretly use your own phone (to key in a number for example) or is it passively used (it pairs with the spectators phone as you borrow it?) or is your own phone not used at all?

I only ask as I'm not a fan of having to key in a number when my phones in my pocket.

You don't need to have your phone on you at all during the performance, even before or after
MagicJosh2212
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicJosh2212
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, JanForster wrote:
Hm, to be honest, I found the performance not very convincing… and do not like at all to guide spectators to some strange, never heard before websites… with nonsense names… David Penn had also difficulties… Jan

That's the remote pairing method, if you're happy to borrow their phone then you can use the direct secret link like how other apps such as Inject works.
MagicJosh2212
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicJosh2212
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Is the review always the same or is it a genuine review of the selected product?

The first review will be the same for every product they search for so it'll need to be generic
MagicJosh2212
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of MagicJosh2212
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2021, pegasus wrote:
Surely you must be using the real Amazon website?? It’s not as if you could ever replicate it due to the obvious sheer size. I would also suggest it’s good for close up as that’s what happens on the teaser trailer.

The way we've created the website it mimics Amazon's website exactly, it also auto updates too, you can search for every product the real amazon sells,

Hope that makes sense Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » InstaPrime: 'The best magic app in the last 5 years' - David Penn (27 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL