The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2022 (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
guy de paul
View Profile
New user
Lancs, UK
6 Posts

Profile of guy de paul
MarkyMark, the photo thing; the one I have in mind is Tenyo’s Ghost Silk. As the name suggests, the gimmick is not an app, the silk does the trick. The image of one of two forces or a symbol can be produced in any volunteer’s Iphone that has a flash. Combine this with MC’s M-Card which can secretly switch, in plain sight, the force card with a blank card (in my routine) and you have a miracle ie the image disappears from the force card (hence becomes blank) and is apparently captured in the volunteer’s Iphone photo.
Now you see it, now you ....
magic168
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of magic168
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2021, markymarkmagicuk wrote:
Gone are the days of great inventions and mini props from Tenyo. The Wild Shock is just the Wild card trick from many years ago... The Cash envelope one was performed by a youtuber a number of years ago and works the same, the cube one looks very similar to the portrait blocks trick they released a few seasons back, does involve sleights so is not automatic that the animal appears!!!, the phone eating gag is laughable and embarrassing. Finally the photo thing.. Am I right in thinking there was a trick released type of app that could have a pre-determined card appear in the background of a photo taken? (the name slips my memory at the moment)...
Nothing inspiring or really original for me, Ill give them a miss.
HOWEVER, Im sure there will be some who have not stumbled across any of these earlier tricks before, especially if you're new to magic, and Im sure you'll love these effects.
Roll on next years releases!

Yea, I fondly remember those days as a kid when the Tenyo "props" would show up at the shop (and back when the internet wasn't there to preview everything months beforehand, they truly were "surprise" moments). I wonder how much of it has to do with the cost to manufacture plastic props, package, ship, etc vs these items they sell now.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I think it ALL has to do with production costs. Don't forget Tenyo wants to make easy to do, orginal but above all VERY AFFORDABLE tricks for laymen, not magicians or magic collectors.
And while I don't like quite a few of their recent releases, I am still impressed with how original most of them are.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Tenyo 2022 (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL