The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Since my biggest customers were magicians... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
k
View Profile
Loyal user
Marseille
283 Posts

Profile of k
WOW... are these thing real??? ;op

I've heard of many submarine creatures, and hell, some of your fish really lopok like the real thing.
It's a great job!
Could you pm me some details? or should I go directly on your site?
I'm just a blind Con that lost his I...
remember, Magic's everywhere... ("Your are the magic !" - Albert Goshman)

"Voici mon secret. Il est très simple. On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux" St-Exupéry
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Details are available by clicking on the little white brick wall at the botom of the page.

and K...thay ARE real!

and Regan...you have permission to leave that photo up through Christmas...and represent the Jacob Marleys of the world. Very creepy stuff...("A shiver ripples through the typists shoulders as he hits the 'submit' button...")

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Doug,

I don't know if I can last that long in this condition or not. I usually return to 'normal' not too long after Halloween. Someone already said that the photo "creeped them out". However, Regormortus would be proud to represent Jacob Marley...I hope Mr. Marley feels the same way.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Oooooh! How Much do you charde for them??? I want one, I want one, I want one!!!! I like the mermaids too. Can you make a Minature werewolf pup???
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Mini-Werewolf Pup? Sure.

Bobby Reynolds favorite 'zibit I made for him is a Baby Chupacabra or ('Pup' if you will)...he exhibits this little thing in this big cage made for wild animals. hahaha. If my scanner worked, I'd get a photo up. But alas...

Doug
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Please PM me or email me with the price and if possible, when you get a chance, a picture of what it would look like.

"Wolflock@Kiwibox.com

This would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
I can't find the secret page. I looked all around your sight and could not find any prices. You are a phantom. I want to know if I am saving to buy a bunch of cross bows or a FeeGee to show at the flea market. Hmmm. Just can't decide.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Village:...price list is very prominent...about the middle of the main photo page...it say's Expanded Price List etc. Can't miss it.
Go through the front page though and check out my new logo art http://LionPoint.com Click on image to directory page. Upper left corner is link to Exhibit page. Click on image and be at thwe right spot to find the prices and MUCH other information including the new "Who buys these things?"

As to a Cross Bow or a Mer...hmmm...ask Ken Dean (Kondini)...his cross bow is in storage...his Mer is making him 1500 a weekend. hmmmm...of course your milage WILL differ...

Thanks Doug
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I highly rec the Crossbow,,,,,
The Mer is OK but there are too many here in the UK so profits are small,,,also the upkeep of these Mer`s is very high.

Please forgive me God,,,,for I know I have sinned!!!!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Spoken like a trouper!

But I had told you to substitute Cat Food for those expensive Pickled Kippers you've been buying her...
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
FETEEN HUNDERED A WEEKEND! I'm on it like flies on manure. I want a Mer! Then I can buy all the crossbows I want and pay for their storage! God knows if I will ever find somone to hold my targets. My co-star, aptly named Wally, is an idiot but he ain't stupid. Now, I have to find someone to run my booth at the flea market when I am at work.
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Lets get it right, now.
1500 people through on a three day show.
It`s a 50p kick about $1 over there but don`t forget your dollar gets a hell of a lot more per pound than our pound does.
Its not my only form of income and replaces a swag joint as %100 profit mark up against a %50 profit margin.
I shout them in between my shows and 500 flatties a day on a turn out show which attracts 60,000 a day is very small (But truthful)I do not have time to work this as it deserves.
It is also a new / old idea over here, I am established as an entertainer and push the pot during my acts (Cheeky)At the moment I have the whole of the UK to myself,,,but whats the bet next year there will be a few more around!!!!

Thanks to Doug its a wonderful idea which I hope I have made to his high specifications,,,, trust the man, he know`s his onions.

Drawback is the running cost as detailed above.
Cleaning materials to keep the tank clean can run into hundreds of pounds weekly,,if you don`t believe me look at my books that get sent to the Revenue each month!
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Village...YOUR milage WILL differ!!! (like I said.)

Kondini is not only in an IDEAL situation and works it hard but has the cajones to do it right and the experience to pull it off.

In many years, I've had a report of one other guy doing this well (over a weekend of a July 4th at a small fair.) and he was an old time circus man as well in the midwest of the US.

You might make a buck...you might not...that's why you need to love it and have it in you. (see my site as to 'Who buys these things' for my take on it.)

Ken: A Tank? A Freakin' Tank??? I told you again and again a simple BB Gun would keep her in line!

Geesh.

Doug
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
It's hard not to make a buck with a 'zibit as Doug calls them (mine is not from Doug, but my new blowoff is). If you have good banners and know how to be a talker and the admission price is right, you will talk them in. If it is worth looking at, they will tell their friends. If you sell them some swag that's great too.

This was a bigger money maker for us at the last fair than selling slum magic ever was. Not everybody wants to buy magic, but everyone wants to see something strange.

In the pitch I tell them that of the many things that I regret in life, almost all of them are things that I didn't do. Don't miss this chance to see the last old-time carnival sideshow at the fair...

I give them an inside lecture, and if someone is particularly dazzled, I have them help with the pitch in an interview outside. I have a Anchor MiniVox portable battery-powered amp and ask them whether it's true that they'll remember what they saw in the tent for the rest of their lives. They say yes, but the look on their face is what sells it. Sometimes they come out shaking...

Yours,

Paul
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I was trying to be 'cautious' Paul and not raise expectations too high for someone who hasn't done it before...if you get my drift. Obviously there have been shows that made far moe than 1500 but they were large operations and not little Flea Farket shows or at tiny local fairs.

I do agree with all you said though...Smile

The 'inside lecture' is fun and ok IF it's a bit slow on the 'midway' but when you get a steady Q line and you're grinding them in and out like Ken was it's not necessary and can slow the take.

Both you and Kondini are at the top of the food chain when it comes to this game the way I like to see it done.

When folks get a 'zibit from me..I talk them through it and bring them up to speed on proper procedures...but in the very beginning (unless they already have a show and mud in their toes) I like to supress the greed aspect and nurture the inner showman/woman waiting to get out...once the desire is there to do it right the $ follows.

In Kondini's case it was a matter of serious re-training and drill sargent tactics to break old habits...but obviously he's a bit renegade these days and hauling some heavy military hardware ie: Tank.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Since my biggest customers were magicians... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL