The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miracle Coin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Has anybody seen or purchased this gaffed coin? I think it may be called the "coin unique" in Europe or Canada. From what I can tell, it appears to be a magnetically locking sh***, made of a new sac. dollar coin on top with a US quarter insert.

Magic warehouse sells it for $47.00 and has a picture and better description than what I provided.

Any reviews or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Tiki
Svengali
View Profile
Regular user
USA
138 Posts

Profile of Svengali
Any link for this product?
Tiki
View Profile
Loyal user
Northwest Arkansas, USA
247 Posts

Profile of Tiki
Here is the link to the miracle coin.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/coins2.html#co3624

Does anybody have one? If so, what do you think of the quality? Finally, is the coin as versatile as advertised?

Thanks again.

Tiki
geemack
View Profile
Loyal user
Greg McNeil Peoria,Illinois
294 Posts

Profile of geemack
Tiki,

I'm reasonably certain that is the same coin that has been called "Coin Unique". Originally made by Eddie Gibson in England, the ones that showed up in the US used a US Half Dollar and Quarter. He made them in the early 80's(?), then apparently stopped making them for quite a long time. A friend of mine contacted him in the early 90's to try to get one. If I recall correctly, Mr. Gibson was willing to make two more and my friend and I each ended up with one. Since then they have become a more popular item, and are made by a handful of machinists using various coins. (I'm sure others here know more of the heritage of this coin set, and can correct me if I'm in error.)

I paid 50 bucks for my first one. It came in a collection of used magic from an estate sale. I paid 90 bucks for my second one. The 47 dollar price tag seems very reasonable, although I don't know who is manufacturing that particular model so I can't vouch for the quality. And yes, it can do all the things mentioned in the ad. If you enjoy gimmick coins and want a versatile little miracle tool, the Coin Unique is a dandy.

(I PM'ed you more about the particular pieces and parts involved.)

Greg
meilechl
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of meilechl
Coin Unique's an excellent gaffed coin, allowing you to perform a small number of miracles and made to meet Gibson's high standards. I used to have one but it broke. :-(
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Miracle Coin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL