The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cantaloupe (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Steve Myers is now making a realistic final load cantaloupe. They’re very nice. Check it out on his site.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Steve Myers makes a great Malini Bag egg "not too big and not too small" that is perfect in weight for a Malini Egg Bag. He has both white and UK Brown versions. They are made from a near indestructible resin.

His line of Final Fruit for the Cups and Balls is readily available at this time (navel orange, Clementine, lime, and two sizes of lemon)

He also hand makes and sells realistic cigars for the Leipzig routine, Lite and unlit, in a range of sizes and options.

Steve makes all the items he sells on his site. It is well worth a visit at:

https://www.stevemyersmagic.com/#/

Full disclosure: I have no ties to Steve, his products, or site. I am, however, a well satisfied customer haveing purchased (full price) a number of his offerings.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2021, Harry Murphy wrote:
Steve Myers makes a great Malini Bag egg "not too big and not too small" that is perfect in weight for a Malini Egg Bag. He has both white and UK Brown versions. They are made from a near indestructible resin.

His line of Final Fruit for the Cups and Balls is readily available at this time (navel orange, Clementine, lime, and two sizes of lemon)

He also hand makes and sells realistic cigars for the Leipzig routine, Lite and unlit, in a range of sizes and options.

Steve makes all the items he sells on his site. It is well worth a visit at:

https://www.stevemyersmagic.com/#/

Full disclosure: I have no ties to Steve, his products, or site. I am, however, a well satisfied customer haveing purchased (full price) a number of his offerings.

The man makes beautiful fruit. Those people who make a living at magic would be well advised to consider his production items.

Me? There's no way on God's Green Earth I can justify $32.00 for a lime!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
I've been admiring Steve's melons for a couple of weeks now.

I just received a large melon weighted 2 pounds and 6 final fruit navel oranges. (And a Malini egg and sucker egg)

Stuck at work for 4 more hours ... can't wait to try these out.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Steve is now making a very realistic watermelon final load.
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Been playing with the watermelon, it's very nice!
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Dec 29, 2021, markmagic wrote:
Been playing with the watermelon, it's very nice!

This is quote of the day…
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Steve Myers is now making a potato.
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
He’s added cherries and strawberries to his products.
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
235 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
I use their final fruit as loads - a lemon, clementine and lime. All beautiful and real workers. Work real great on the street. I don't have their cantaloupe but I use a normal coconut
Been a busker since I was 14 from San Diego; Don Driver was my mentor along with many others like Jimmy Talksalot, Sleeveless (Stephen Sloan), Bob Elliott.
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
They’ve added olives to their line and they are perfect.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I recently bought one of his eggs.

It's eggs-tremely Smile well crafted, I only wish it was a liiitle bit smaller.
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
51 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Gaddy they do make a smaller egg. I just got one a few weeks ago.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2021, markmagic wrote:
Steve Myers is now making a realistic final load cantaloupe. They’re very nice. Check it out on his site.

I'm looking for a good, INEXPENSIVE, lime. I end the Cups and Balls with the balls in the pocket and the cups stacked on the table; "After a trick like that, I could use an ice-cold Coors." Looks at the stack of cups "No, there's not a ice cold Coors under there. One, it's unlawful to drink on the street. And two, there's nothing worse than a tipsy magician. But when I get home, and I crack open that ice cold Coors..." Lift the cups to reveal the lime "I have the lime!"

But the lime is fairly old and is showing its wear! I got it at Walmart, which no longer sells decorative fruit. I'm going to check Target.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Ed wrote:
"I'm looking for a good, INEXPENSIVE, lime. I end the Cups and Balls with the balls in the pocket and the cups stacked on the table; "After a trick like that, I could use an ice-cold Coors." Looks at the stack of cups "No, there's not a ice cold Coors under there. One, it's unlawful to drink on the street. And two, there's nothing worse than a tipsy magician. But when I get home, and I crack open that ice cold Coors..." Lift the cups to reveal the lime "I have the lime!"

But the lime is fairly old and is showing its wear! I got it at Walmart, which no longer sells decorative fruit. I'm going to check Target." [/quote]

Michaels Craft store usually has plastic fake fruit....... if there is one near you.

https://www.michaels.com/product/large-l......10131157
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2023, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2021, markmagic wrote:

I'm looking for a good, INEXPENSIVE, lime. I end the Cups and Balls with the balls in the pocket and the cups stacked on the table; "After a trick like that, I could use an ice-cold Coors." Looks at the stack of cups "No, there's not a ice cold Coors under there. One, it's unlawful to drink on the street. And two, there's nothing worse than a tipsy magician. But when I get home, and I crack open that ice cold Coors..." Lift the cups to reveal the lime "I have the lime!"

But the lime is fairly old and is showing its wear! I got it at Walmart, which no longer sells decorative fruit. I'm going to check Target.

Check out thrift stores. Goodwill or Salvation Army in the houseware sections. Lots of decorative fruit there. I've found lemons, limes, oranges, peaches, bananas. Some are old school wax or plaster: not good for magic. But I've found squishly latex ones as well as some fruits made from some plastic that have weight and feel of regular fruit.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
How big is the cantelope?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
The Cantaloupe come in two sizes, Medium and Jumbo. They are oblong in shape

Medium: 15.5 inches in circumference by about 5 inches across.

Jumbo: (Approx) 7” long x 6” across. Circumference vertically 18 1/2" - horizontally 20 3/4

The weight is customizable.

Check out the website for more accurate details:

https://www.stevemyersmagic.com/store/p3......d.html#/

Steve and Jen are good people, personable, easy to talk to and easy to work with.

P.S. I have no financial interest in this. I am only a very satisfied customer of the Myer's.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I had Steve make me a small cantalope that has some heft/weight to make a good "thud" on the table when produced. Later, I had him make me a small watermelon that was very light. The watermelon gets produced but held and not dropped. Both are beautiful and very realistic looking and work great for the routine for which they were specifically made.

I have one of the Malini Egg Bag eggs Steve makes. It is on the smaller size designed specifically for the Malini Egg Bag. I've tried it in the Pauline Tong made version, Lynetta Welch made Legacy Malini Egg Bag, The Viking Deluxe version, And a couple of others that I had access to. It worked well in all. I tried it in the Hobson Egg Bag where it worked very well. I have not tried in with a Mardo/Lewis egg bag yet, but I suspect it will work fine. In all, the Myers made egg for the Malini Egg Bag works great. He advertises it as being the perfect size and weight and I find the statement accurate and not hyperbole.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cantaloupe (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL